WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where did you get Covid

Singleton

Reaction score
Late October early November 2019. No idea how or where I was exposed. Shit hit me like a ton of bricks while on a job pouring concrete. Had a fever on and off for the better of a month. Every time I tried to go back to work I almost fainted. Given the timing, my doctor didn't know what the hell I had. So I was fucked and on my own.

I have never seen my wife so sick as she was in October / November 2019. She was so sick, she called me while I was attending the RDP regatta in 2019 and asked me to come home early!
She had all the symptoms of Covid, 6 months before Covid was a thing. Her Dr could not figure out WTF was wrong - loaded her up on drugs for the flu, bronchitis and pneumonia. She was finally better around December, but since that time has had acid reflux issues (Asthma-like symptoms, such as wheezing or dry cough, Hoarseness, especially in the morning, Chronic sore throat.).

Dr has ordered a Covid antibody test, but my wife has said why do I need to take it, it does not change how you are treating my current issue. Dr has agreed, no change to current treatment, but will be needed if you ever decide to get vaccinated.

Brian

Reaction score
At the PRI trade show in December 2019 or on the flight home... The "official" timeline is BS, it was out in China in Sept. 2019! I have had it twice already now that I know of, second time was in June of 2020. Employee had a heart attack and tested positive. (Not related to heart attack, he has heart issues from years of drug use back in the day) I had the entire shop do all three tests and actually had to write them all notes because back then they wouldn't test without symptoms. All came back with antibodies but 6 of us were asymptomatic carriers.
I swore I got it at PRI 2019 as well. Tested for work in March of 2020 because someone at work got it. Negative result. Also did the antibody test at the time and it was negative so makes me thing that the 2019 PRI flu that everyone got wasn't Covid but who knows.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I volunteered early in helping administer vaccinations to vulnerable populations, so I was working in the height of covid infections and surrounded by general population of mostly the old people. I had been already been vaccinated, tested positive and was asymptomatic will almost no symptoms. I self quarantined for the prerequisite time after a negative test. Would do it all the same way again if asked....

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210804-085313_Gallery.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
March 2021 five of my family members (we were living together) got it but I never contracted it. Even did a research program with CalTech which consisted of swab/saliva samples ever morning and evening for 30 days. The end results were that I had an immunity to the virus but I truly think it was all the alcohol that I was consuming at the time that kept me safe. 😁

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We were traveling all around Bali Dec 2019, tons of Chinese and other Asian folk around us daily. Buffets were the worst cuz a large % of the Asians did not feel the need to wait in lines, they just pushed their way in whereever and totally burst your personal space bubble.
As we flew to Australia I started to feel icky on the plane, assumed it was because the cold air vent blasted on me the entire flight. Fought through fatigue for a day or so and enjoyed the week in Sydney.
A week later after getting home wife was out of it but managed through it with some lasting low energy, this is early January now when the chit-chat on Cv19 got firing on all 8.
Did we have it.... not sure. Wife did get an antibody test(neg) but it was at least summer 2020 by then.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Got it somewhere between New Orleans, OC, Chino and Havasu.. Had a head cold with slight congestion last weekend. Utilized a strict regimen of Coors Light, Mucinex, Sudafed and Rockstars to try to kill it. My Sunday morning Rockstar tasted a bit different. Sprayed the house perimeter with my Home Defense/concentrate mixture and figured it wasn’t as strong. When my neighbor asked what the hell was in the mix i figured something was up. Pulled out the pulse/ox and it was low 90’s :oops:
Little congested, slight cough, more tired than anything. I got the J&J vax a month ago because we booked New Orleans and Nashville trips with the kids. Did it work.. No f’g idea. Did it hurt, yeah was feeling it for 3-4 days.