WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where/how to tie down transom

22Howard

Reaction score
image.jpg

(Oops, oh well, I'll figure out how to fix the picture thing later. Sorry. It'll just instill a little vertigo)

Thanks to all who responded to my previous thread. I definitely want to make provisions for strapping the boat to the trailer. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how and where to install hooks etc. This is the picture of the transom of my boat and trailer setup. OK, OK.....It's a new to me boat and I'm still working through the "Pink" trailer and roll bar thing...... I'm open for suggestions on this project.

On the transom, I could hook onto the swim step support bracket on the underside of the step. But obviously my concern is the bracket itself may not be, or just flat out is not strong enough to do the job. And if the support bracket IS strong enough, would through bolting of it be strong enough. The next thought I had was to install two new heavy duty tow hooks wide apart on each outside edge of the transom. From there it looks like I could strap directly down to the trailer just on the outside of each trim tab. I don't know where else on the transom I could get a straight line pull attach point to the trailer.

On the trailer, it looks like wherever I figure out on the transom, I'll have to figure out how to install the tie down points on the trailer.

Last edited:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Lots of people have tied down to the swim step brackets, and it is certainly better than nothing. If they are bolted thru (and I would guess they are from Howard) they are strong enough.

On the trailer side, I have an Ellis that has holes drilled on the bottom edge, just outboard of the tail lights. Tie down hooks hook into them nicely.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I use my swimstep bracket to tie down and have never had a problem but I never had to test them either if you know what I mean:) My trailer does have attachment points built onto the trailer. You could have some added or get creative. I'm sure you can find somewhere on the trailer to connect to.:thumbsup