WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where is the next best place to move to

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I was really looking at AZ as a state we would seriously consider moving to once my two high schoolers were done in a couple of years but after last night, I don't think so. Now that AZ is a blue state, TX not far behind, and NV blue as well, what state is left that has a good economy, schools, somewhat fair weather, and will stay RED for the unforeseen future?
Charlotte is on the border of NC and SC. Plenty of people live in sc and work in nc. It’s what you described. Nc is purple. Trump will win but the blue gov was re-elected. Sounds impossible but the dems are not liberals

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I was researching San Antonio this morning.

We live in New Braunfels (25 min north towards austin). Its the red mecca in a sea of liberal blue. We're at our house in havasu right now...i wanted to be far from austin/SA post election. If biden really wins it's going to absolutely wreck my business. We're making a decision in the next two weeks about listing the house and moving after the events of last night. WY or MT will be our next place..hell everything we own is already plated in MT anyway.

badgas

Reaction score
Tennessee or Alabama

I keep hearing rumors of the Dems running Romney in 2024 That will turn Utah Blue.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Really? What happened?
If biden wins this state will crumble. The rates for work are not real good and if I gotta pay $4 for fuel i will go broke in 6 months.

+

Just dont like it. It wasnt where I wanted anyway. I gave it a shot for momma. Just not my gig. I like mountains. Cant find a house that doesnt need foundation repair. Ground is shit and soft.
Just a bunch of little things. Im a desert person. I like to jeep & ride motorcycles. I need mountains

Reaction score
I was really looking at AZ as a state we would seriously consider moving to once my two high schoolers were done in a couple of years but after last night, I don't think so. Now that AZ is a blue state, TX not far behind, and NV blue as well, what state is left that has a good economy, schools, somewhat fair weather, and will stay RED for the unforeseen future?

Snap out of it. Nothing has changed. Nothing will. Nor in your direction.

Boston area is an incredible city to live in. Close enough to New York City, for a weekend getaway, or head up the coast to Maine for lobster. Trips to London and Paris on 4 day weekends.
You'll need a winter condo in the Miami area.
For tax purposes, you register to vote in Florida. :)

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I keep hearing that Idaho has a 35mph limit on all water ways....

You guys who own fast boats and want to turn them loose...why move there?

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
All this talk about Idaho needs to stop! It's terrible, the weather sucks 12 out of 12 months, the speed limit on all waterways is 15mph, car registration makes CA look cheap and the real estate is expensive! And besides all that we're closed! No more people allowed in the state... ;)

But seriously, moving to North Idaho is the best thing we've done for the family. We left OC July 2016 and not once have I thought it was a mistake. Real Estate market is on fire right now and prices have gone thru the roof in those 4 years. Great for the additional $200k we have in equity, but now that we are looking for property, it hurts to know what we could have bought it for when we first moved.

And yes there are speed limits on all waterways. For example; Kootenai County (Coeur d'Alene area) 50 mph during the day, 20 mph at night, county wide. On the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene Rivers, and Lower Twin Lakes the speed limits are 35 mph during the day and 20 mph at night.

JD D05

Reaction score

Idaho my home state doesn't have much for sport boating. But that's comparing to Starvation, The George, and Powell.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score

Lake Pend where we are speed limit is 50, but, the bloody lake is 65 miles long, plenty of remote lake to do pretty much whatever you want. I am thinking twin 450 powered cat and a nice wooden Chris Craft/Garwood sounds pretty good.

jet496

Reaction score
If biden wins this state will crumble. The rates for work are not real good and if I gotta pay $4 for fuel i will go broke in 6 months.

+

Just dont like it. It wasnt where I wanted anyway. I gave it a shot for momma. Just not my gig. I like mountains. Cant find a house that doesnt need foundation repair. Ground is shit and soft.
Just a bunch of little things. Im a desert person. I like to jeep & ride motorcycles. I need mountains
Yea, I'm with you, the desert, high or low, is my kind of place.

Done-it-again

Reaction score

unfortunately grandpa in the office will make $4 a gallon everywhere.

Reactions: DWC

PilotRyan

Reaction score
Texas is still Texas. You don’t have to look far to find some hardcore red republicans. Just don’t move to inner city Austin or Denton and you’ll be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I was in Clovis Nm ( 8 miles from Tx ) I ask WTF happened to the mountains guy told the wind blew them away 🤣😳

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Idaho is changing fast. I know 6 families that went up there looking at homes. Many people from the Bay Area are fleeing to Idaho. There are Radio Ads several times per hour for a website to help you movie to Idaho. It sucks!!

Also I heard on a radio show recently that Idaho is the most searched area for real estate, and most searches are from California (according to Zillow).

Sent From Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Idaho is changing fast. I know 6 families that went up there looking at homes. Many people from the Bay Area are fleeing to Idaho. There are Radio Ads several times per hour for a website to help you movie to Idaho. It sucks!!

Also I heard on a radio show recently that Idaho is the most searched area for real estate, and most searches are from California (according to Zillow).

Sent From Tapatalk

I 100% believe this. Prices are crazy up there now. In Sandpoint, it's becoming a little mini Aspen with Mt. Schwitzer right there to ski. The town has all their little nitch coffee bars and shops and restaurants. Place used to be a one road town that reminded you of a cowboy town more than a place for a film festival like it does now. I suppose everything progresses and changes. A dose of cash influx and a few more people is a good thing. But there's always a tipping point where it becomes too much unfortunately.

Tank

Reaction score
By the way, lets start posting listings in Cities mentioned. I said Tn, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri and South Fl. Here's some options.

Buddy (some of you guys know him as the owner of the blue Cigarette Tiger RD fell off of in LOTO) lives in Collierville Tn. He loves it. It looks super nice. 6 hours haul to LOTO, 3 hour hall to Pickwick Lake 30 minutes to Memphis and the Mississippi River. Houses are nice, and decently priced for some old school manor shit.

LOTO. Where do you start? First, waterfront only obviuosly. One thing about lake front houses in LOTO you notice, LOTS of bars. Most have game rooms in the bottom floors with a bar. Bars in the kitchen and then many have bars down on the dock. I'm thinking theres a theme here LOL

South Florida...Water front.

Cape Coral

Or how about something down in the Keys!?

nameisbond

Reaction score
Besides the Cayman Islands, thinking the Turks & Caicos. Both places my bank has branches. Both have no income tax. Both have heavy import taxes though. Original plan was build on our land in central Washington State, its conservative in the area. But people from Seattle are moving there and changing that. No state income tax. Crazy low power bills. Columbia River with the dams is like a big lake. Lake Chelan is close by. Now I want secluded island life with no income tax at all. I already have a company incorporated in the Turks & Caicos.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
By the way, lets start posting listings in Cities mentioned. I said Tn, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri and South Fl. Here's some options.

Buddy (some of you guys know him as the owner of the blue Cigarette Tiger RD fell off of in LOTO) lives in Collierville Tn. He loves it. It looks super nice. 6 hours haul to LOTO, 3 hour hall to Pickwick Lake 30 minutes to Memphis and the Mississippi River. Houses are nice, and decently priced for some old school manor shit.

LOTO. Where do you start? First, waterfront only obviuosly. One thing about lake front houses in LOTO you notice, LOTS of bars. Most have game rooms in the bottom floors with a bar. Bars in the kitchen and then many have bars down on the dock. I'm thinking theres a theme here LOL

South Florida...Water front.

Cape Coral

Or how about something down in the Keys!?

Make sure the Tennessee properties are closeish to nashville and on a couple acres and have a big shop out back when posting please....lol

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I could do this

Reaction score

Sent From Tapatalk

I travel to the bay area up to 4 times a month. I've seen the billboard signs off the freeway directing them to Idaho. With more working from home, and traveling to the office 2-4 times a month for meetings, you can live anywhere.

All you need is airline connections, and cheap flights. Boise, Reno, Phoenix, and Las Vegas.

Hotels are dirt cheap, because of over Building, and fewer travelers. I wouldn't be surprised if many in the Bay Area get turned into low income housing for the homeless population.

buck35

Reaction score
Besides the Cayman Islands, thinking the Turks & Caicos. Both places my bank has branches. Both have no income tax. Both have heavy import taxes though. Original plan was build on our land in central Washington State, its conservative in the area. But people from Seattle are moving there and changing that. No state income tax. Crazy low power bills. Columbia River with the dams is like a big lake. Lake Chelan is close by. Now I want secluded island life with no income tax at all. I already have a company incorporated in the Turks & Caicos.
New shit on the he dem invasion! California moves to seattle and they move to our area and vote the same while driving prices through the roof. While we have no income tax , our property taxes Are outrageous!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Keep running!! The lib's have WON. I have to wonder what the Children think?, picking up and moving every time things do not suit you. What ever happened to at least try to resist these people that want to destroy everything you believe in?
I could do this

I have to say, as Stunning as this is WTF!!. There is NO WAY if I could ever afford this wold I want it. I guess my priorities are so different. Stacy has this Beautiful home right on the River up from Havasu and only 1 1/2 Million. The place is incredible, on the water with own ramp/dock. The ONLY problem = California 👎

Reaction score
Alabama but only if you are very conservative! We don't want the problems happening in GA and AZ with liberal influx.

Attachments

• IMG_20200425_191435.jpg
    IMG_20200425_191435.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 193

nameisbond

Reaction score
New shit on the he dem invasion! California moves to seattle and they move to our area and vote the same while driving prices through the roof. While we have no income tax , our property taxes Are outrageous!

Too many libs have moved there. Back when Bush was president and the Iraq war started, there was a protest against the war. Maybe ten people showed up. I knew one liberal who wrote for the Wenatchee business journal. He got all hate mail for his liberal bias. In the 04 election the high school held a mock election, Bush won by a landslide. Now its flipped.

My original plan was build on our land there for spring/summer. Buy a condo/townhouse in Scottsdale, AZ for winter. But now, Id rather escape politics all together and pay no income tax.

The nice thing about Canada, you live outside the country for 183 days and have very little ties to Canada. You don't even have to file a tax return, unless you receive income in Canada.

source Canadian government: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-ag...anada-non-residents/non-residents-canada.html

Last edited:

foxfam312

Let it Develop
Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking New Harmony Utah which is north of St George And south of cedar city

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
My wife and I are thinking New Harmony Utah which is north of St George And south of cedar city

We have friends down there they have 40 ac wifey just hunted there land 😎

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Wife says we need to go somewhere. Well, thats not that easy. Canada is ALL libs - no go. Baja is great, but its still Mexico. Have a Parker house, we love the desert, both seasons. Been eying AZ for some time, if it continues to be a blue state - no go. If they get back to Red, all is good. Southern Utah has been on the map lately as well. West Texas is a long trek to Parker. Australia looks good, has same off roading and boating we like here but the cost of living is a bit higher than here. I got a good 10 years before retiring unless I win the big lotto so some research and pre running will give me some real insight. Beside the fact the world could spin some other direction by then anyway and will have to re figure it out then anyway.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
Idaho my home state doesn't have much for sport boating. But that's comparing to Starvation, The George, and Powell.
That is changing now. There are several performance boats on coeur d Alene and pend o now with more coming. It’s a summer thing though, harsh winters will keep a lid on crowds. Maybe.

propcheck

Reaction score
Utah if you want to stay close, Tennessee if you want to really be sure.

Funny this is all happening I was telling people 3 weeks ago that I didn't think AZ was far enough from CA as ideology spread. Granted I thought I was talking in the next 8+ years not this year...lol
I have been telling folks this for a while I was also shocked it happened to AZ so soon but my next prophecy is Texas in 3years and Idaho in five. Anywhere the california migration goes will eventually turn sadly it is not the adults moving their it is the children of conservative parents that end up voting left due to the indoctrination at the universities it is even happening at NAU which is a bummer because my kiddo is headed there next year.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
FL panhandle ain’t bad.
SW FL is red and laid back, Cape Coral is best bang for buck waterfront. Shit ton of canals and unlike Sarasota, the county keeps them dredged. Sarasota county is red but the city is blue. My neighbor who I’ve enjoyed company with for 20 years, came totally unhinged the other day when my 17 yr old son parked his f350 with a trump sticker partially in front of his house.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
I have been telling folks this for a while I was also shocked it happened to AZ so soon but my next prophecy is Texas in 3years and Idaho in five. Anywhere the california migration goes will eventually turn sadly it is not the adults moving their it is the children of conservative parents that end up voting left due to the indoctrination at the universities it is even happening at NAU which is a bummer because my kiddo is headed there next year.

I don’t see it happening in Idaho. Locals are very leary of transplants but when you get to know them you find out most all came from Ca. Many are more hard core than the locals than worry about them.

Mike K

Reaction score
about Utah ... my wife and I were looking at Park City for the past 3 years ... love it ... everything cool ... the whole idea was to induce our grown kids ( all about to have their own families) to kinda follow us and get out of CA ... then my nephew ( same age ) found Hurricane UT and all the coolness there ... but they learned something from 2 young families that moved to Utah back in 2017 . .. please do not think this is an anti Mormon / LDS comment ... they are the coolest peeps ever when it comes to being great examples of what families are all about ... but we heard if you move to Utah and you aren’t LDS ... there might be some small things that could effect new young families ... IE ... was told that some Morman families might not allow their children to play with your little kids, join cub scouts may not even allow their children in your home ... they work hard on their beliefs and wouldn’t want to expose their children to coffee or coke or possible any other behavior outside the LDS ideology. Being a member of the local church is very important ... just food for thought .... and of course they have every right to exercise their beliefs . So why do I bring this up? ... cuz both my girls wouldn’t even consider Utah for that reason ... the fear of their kids not being included. Sorry ... didn’t mean to get so heavy ... but ... it’s something to look into if you are considering moving to Utah.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
All bullshit my kids had no problem there is so many transplants here , wifey and I had a little problem with a Mormon couple Fuck m didn’t need them .