WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where is the video of the Johnson / Cook pontoon race?

Wedgy

Reaction score
Pontoon drive setups have come a long long way. Assuming mostly all the new Patio boat setups are Outboards, if it's a Tritoon, can you mount Triples??

Wedgy

Reaction score
The rental houseboat fleet up on Lake Shasta at Bridge Bay, were equipped with 4 cyl IO drives mounted in a center pod. They also had some with OB motors behind the pods. Entertaining watching the Returning rentals. Always!

If the center tube is full length, the boat rated and able to accept another motor?

It wouldn't be Game Over, but it would be Baddass.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Pontoon drive setups have come a long long way. Assuming mostly all the new Patio boat setups are Outboards, if it's a Tritoon, can you mount Triples??

mbrown2

Reaction score
Looks like driver error....Dave might want to get Johnny T behind the sticks....from the poor crooked start to the poor trim... :D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There was one at the LOTO shootout with triples. It is definitely doable but I think you would lose the ability to get in and out since most have ladders between the engines.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like driver error....Dave might want to get Johnny T behind the sticks....from the poor crooked start to the poor trim... :D

we started and I was turned towards ole Will.. I need to lower the motors a spot or two and try again.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
we started and I was turned towards ole Will.. I need to lower the motors a spot or two and try again.

Why bother with that……. Get a pair of Jack Plates and you will have the perfect set-up. Have the controls mounted in steering wheel. Trim controls on one side of steering wheel…… Jack Plate controls on the other side. NOW……. You are ready to make the boat goes as fast as possible, with multiple trim and motor settings. That’s how my 98mph Playcraft Tritoon was set-up. An extra added bonus is that the Jack Plates become brakes when slowing the boat back down……… You just lower them back into the water and your speed will lower too. It’s a great set up!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why bother with that……. Get a pair of Jack Plates and you will have the perfect set-up. Have the controls mounted in steering wheel. Trim controls on one side of steering wheel…… Jack Plate controls on the other side. NOW……. You are ready to make the boat goes as fast as possible, with multiple trim and motor settings. That’s how my 98mph Playcraft Tritoon was set-up. An extra added bonus is that the Jack Plates become brakes when slowing the boat back down……… You just lower them back into the water and your speed will lower too. It’s a great set up!

Well I was gonna make a different style of jackplate for the boat, but ole (my buddy) Tyler wanted to go a down a different road for business so I’m gonna end up buying a set of the sea star 4.5’s with the controllers and the memory positions etc

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Well I was gonna make a different style of jackplate for the boat, but ole (my buddy) Tyler wanted to go a down a different road for business so I’m gonna end up buying a set of the sea star 4.5’s with the controllers and the memory positions etc
And you can get the jack plate and trim sync boxes now as well, so you dont have to any fine tuning, it keeps them at the same height, I forget the name of the product, but pretty cool technology.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Seastar offers it all as a package.. I’m gonna order this week then big will is in trouble.
sounds like a challenge ...

hopefully we get our new toon back on water soon.. f n covid built toon.. its in great hands to get fixed..
the woman told me .. you cant have a wife and girlfriend too(dual motors).. they dont get along.. lmao

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so faster than a magic deck with a 496.....must be a pretty nice cruise at 50-55 ??? or does it fall off plane and start plowing if you go slower.. I had a 300 single that went 60, but as soon as you backed off a little it would loose a lot of speed..

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
so faster than a magic deck with a 496.....must be a pretty nice cruise at 50-55 ??? or does it fall off plane and start plowing if you go slower.. I had a 300 single that went 60, but as soon as you backed off a little it would loose a lot of speed..
Pretty much the same as the magic. Toon is way faster out of the hole. With two motors it carry the front of the toon. I also have lifting stakes on both sides of all toons

Last edited:

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Friend has the 29'? Trifecta with twin 350s. It's a rocket out of the hole.
He claims 71 mph
With me for first time driving it I hit 61 but I didn't mess with the jack plates.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
[emoji23]

It’s heavy and we know it. Stop sweating it Dave. It’s comfortable and provides everything you need. But, have you tried another prop? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Dave needs 450's to hang with ole Will[emoji1787]

Hahaha. I bet his beer is still cold. And he knows when you beat him to the destination for the day you are saving a spot for him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmo83

Reaction score
Dave's story reminds me of a time I lined my Schiada up for a 1/4 mile run from a dig with my uncle's 210. My uncle's boat was quite a bit quicker(not faster) at the time. However after few michelob's when we got lined up he set his steering wheel straight but it was exactly one turn off. We lit off and he went hard left and that was all i needed to edge him out for the win.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Footage from 2nd angle

RDP couch.gif

Last edited: