WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where to be in Long Beach?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I got all these shirts and I want to give them away to people that are racing / and actually into ski racing instead of just random joe blows off the street..

I had originally planned on just bellying up to a table at the yardhouse friday afternoon and handing em out there.

I wish I could remember the layout of the event but I've only been to last years and needless to say I can't remember much from friday night. LOL

So where should I plant my ass for good times friday night?

RD

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
So I got all these shirts and I want to give them away to people that are racing / and actually into ski racing instead of just random joe blows off the street..

I had originally planned on just bellying up to a table at the yardhouse friday afternoon and handing em out there.

I wish I could remember the layout of the event but I've only been to last years and needless to say I can't remember much from friday night. LOL

RD
Good idea RD. Everyone's mother will want one, especially those who have no clue what ski racing is. Look me up at The Maya Friday and I'll show you the ropes. Best deal to do is set up a card table with a cooler next to the main walkway..that's where all the bench racing is. I'll be there around 13:00. Still have my cell?
________
Amateur Webcam

Last edited:

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
don't hand them out at the yard house, that'll be the joe blows. Hand them out at the Hotel Maya (which is the host hotel). That is where everyone will be. Drivers meeting is Friday afternoon, so everyone will be at the hotel. Hang out on the grass/walkway by the water.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
The Maya is it Dave...a new bar there with plenty of bench racing going on.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good idea RD. Everyone's mother will want one, especially those who have no clue what ski racing is. Look me up at The Maya Friday and I'll show you the ropes. Best deal to do is set up a card table with a cooler next to the main walkway..that's where all the bench racing is. I'll be there around 13:00. Still have my cell?

Bringing a table ain't in the cards.. LOL I'm going to have a hell of a time even getting the shirts to the bar, carrying a table is outta the question. :D

I do think the bar where the drivers meeting is where it's at though. My goal (for promotion of the site purposes) is to have as many people as possible on saturday after the race wearing one of these shirts in the bar. That way the 3 schleps that didn't get one will say "What the hell is that? Where did they get one?" and take interest to check out the site etc.. ;) The people that got the shirt I expect will check it out just to see what it is.

RD

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Bringing a table ain't in the cards.. LOL I'm going to have a hell of a time even getting the shirts to the bar, carrying a table is outta the question. :D

I do think the bar where the drivers meeting is where it's at though. My goal (for promotion of the site purposes) is to have as many people as possible on saturday after the race wearing one of these shirts in the bar. That way the 3 schleps that didn't get one will say "What the hell is that? Where did they get one?" and take interest to check out the site etc.. ;) The people that got the shirt I expect will check it out just to see what it is.

RD

The drivers' meeting is huge, upstairs and only for those riding in boats in the race. Like Denny said, check with him when he gets there. From what I have already heard about the "new" hotel, you may have to have permission to give them out?

I am considering showing up tomorrow, not sure if it's in the cards yet.

If you are only bringing 250 shirts,, going to be a bunch more than 3 people without the things on Saturday.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The drivers' meeting is huge, upstairs and only for those riding in boats in the race. Like Denny said, check with him when he gets there. From what I have already heard about the "new" hotel, you may have to have permission to give them out?

I am considering showing up tomorrow, not sure if it's in the cards yet.

If you are only bringing 250 shirts,, going to be a bunch more than 3 people without the things on Saturday.

Indeed.. LOL But I'm thinking I want the 200 guys that'll be partying in the bar all night long. :D They're more our type of people. ;) :D

RD

reb939

Reaction score
Dave save a shirt for me if you could...XL

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave save a shirt for me if you could...XL

Catch me on friday at the bar! Everybody keeps tellin me to "save" em a shirt.. LOL I can't remember all this stuff. :D

I won't be hard to spot.. Fat guy, with a "roadster" wagon in tow full of shirts. :D

Or look for the "RDP" van.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dennis did a great job, but the new logo looks like it should be on a low rider w/ 100 spoke rims. Just don't feel like it.

LOL.. I haven't seen it yet, so I guess I'll find out.

RD

.boatpoor

Reaction score

RD

Whats with the t-shirts Dave, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SKIIN THIS YEAR? How much for us little guys that are to old to ski t-shirts, cause I"ll probably take a few.:D:D:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As a joke we were going to put "A really cool river website with a shitty logo." ;)

I like it.. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

Whats with the t-shirts Dave, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SKIIN THIS YEAR? How much for us little guys that are to old to ski t-shirts, cause I"ll probably take a few.:D:D:D

T-shirts are free at the Catalina ski race until I run out of them. :)

If you catch me at the river or another boating event they are free. :) If I gotta ship them though I'm thinking probably 10 - 12 bucks (that includes shipping) just because it's a pain in the arse.. LOL

RD

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I like it.. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

T-shirts are free at the Catalina ski race until I run out of them. :)

If you catch me at the river or another boating event they are free. :) If I gotta ship them though I'm thinking probably 10 - 12 bucks (that includes shipping) just because it's a pain in the arse.. LOL

RD
RD, trade you 4 one our team shirts..XL plzz
________
GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOOD

Last edited:

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
RD, trade you 4 one our team shirts..XL plzz

Denny how is it I didn't get a shirt last year...No cocktails for you until I have a shirt this year...or I'll just take yours off your back :skull :D