WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where to buy a house

Duffster

Reaction score
Lake Norman is boating with green trees. Not a lot of beaches that I have found yet but a lot of cool places to float.
2ABD56F8-0D17-462C-BC89-2FE4F750B78E.jpeg
D36D628A-EE8E-4C66-87C3-45CEB2A71D3A.jpeg

8C3F2C55-29DB-4617-8184-4927B6B7E58D.jpeg
FFF1DA31-78AB-48BA-8A91-21A32C90E359.jpeg

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Norman is great. At some point I plan to build a place on Lake Wyle. I like Norman but I like the SC property taxes a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just_floatin

Reaction score
Phoenix metro is our home base now. However, our two locations in the near future will be a split between Lake Havasu City and Lodi California. Lodi is close to many waterways like the delta, Comanche Lake, Lake Tahoe and travel along the coast. Plus only 557 miles to Lake Havasu which we will commute by RV stopping all along the way with no ETA.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Rather than tie ourselves down to one area our talks have revolved around being snowbirds, so to speak, and stay in areas of interest for a few months, see if we like it. Florida has been high on our list.
Wandering the country in a moho sounds adventurous too but think I like my free included breakfasts at Hampton Inns. Love to just drive and stop for the night when tired.

Last edited:

Crazymofo

Reaction score
If your a conservative Republican then bring your boat and family and move to Southern Oregon. Just dont look in the three towns around Medford that are liberal as fuck and the housing's out of freaking control.
Plus we need you in our state!

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Cantina 1511 has excellent margaritas but I didn’t think the food was that good it was like Texmex bbq style. However we did find a decent place just up the 150 River Hwy called MI Tierrita that’s a Mexican market and restaurant but it’s pretty much a takeout place unless you want to drink beer and watch soccer with the locals. Out here you have to pretty much settle for good. We hit up Apps & Taps every so often but the boats need to get louder. :)
Did you miss the Fun Run last Saturday?

fmo24

Reaction score
We left Palm Springs June of ‘18 to travel full time. There are many beautiful places in this awesome country. We are finding ourselves drawn to Florida.
Were there for the winter then started a lap around the country. I like Texas but my partner is not that impressed. Wine country outside of Austin was cool. Hated Oregon and Washington with a passion. We were primarily along the coast and it was grey and wet all summer. Won’t be back there anytime soon if ever. Idaho is gorgeous but has winter. We are currently in southern Indiana visiting friends Pretty country but has been wet here as well. Heading up to London Ontario next week to visit some friends then back to Florida for October and will most likely bounce around there all winter again

Duffster

Reaction score
Did you miss the Fun Run last Saturday?

That was back on the 18th. Looked like fun but I had other things going on that weekend definitely next year. Last weekend was wet and rainy thunderstorm city.

Reaction score
If you had a chance to move somewhere that's not so hot and not to cold that home prices are not outrageous and there is boating in the area.

you just described Cen-Cal

and as an added bonus ,you will see more trump flags flying in the pismo dunes than anywhere else in california... (redneck central)

guest hs

Reaction score
I was born in Arcadia, California lived there until I was 11 years old moved to Vegas till 2009 then moved to Atascadero, California for two years moved back to Vegas until 2017 now live in Havasu. I will NEVER move back to California!

Reaction score
Arcadia is nice, Atascadero is nice and Vegas is nice as long as your only Visiting...

Reactions: DWC

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Phoenix metro is our home base now. However, our two locations in the near future will be a split between Lake Havasu City and Lodi California. Lodi is close to many waterways like the delta, Comanche Lake, Lake Tahoe and travel along the coast. Plus only 557 miles to Lake Havasu which we will commute by RV stopping all along the way with no ETA.

Look us up when u get up here

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I'm looking hard at the area north of Dallas. The summer humidity will likely suck, but Fresno isn't exactly void of humidity. I'm moving primarily so I can keep my job and be home with the wife and kids more often. The added bonus is the political climate is currently more favorable than CA. High property taxes are mostly offset by lower costs of energy/gas and other items. Well, at least at my income level.

Buddy

Reaction score
You got to stay cool. Out here in NC I run my AC 24/7 and my power bill is less that $200 a month and that’s cooling a 3100sq ft house. In California I was paying around $400-500 during the summer months.
Where do you live?
We are here now in moorseville house shopping

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Norman is great. At some point I plan to build a place on Lake Wyle. I like Norman but I like the SC property taxes a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the taxes in South Carolina turned us off. We are residents of Florida. If we had property in SC and stayed residents of Fl then the taxes are triple on the property. RE lady said they are that high for 3-5 years and then come down. Made no sense to me.

Duffster

Reaction score
Where do you live?
We are here now in moorseville house shopping

I’m west of the 77fwy off Brawley School Rd and Blume area next to the lake. Good area lots of great property’s out that way.

Buddy

Reaction score
I’m west of the 77fwy off Brawley School Rd and Blume area next to the lake. Good area lots of great property’s out that way.
We are really liking the Harbour at the point

KevinR

Reaction score
I was born in Arcadia, California lived there until I was 11 years old moved to Vegas till 2009 then moved to Atascadero, California for two years moved back to Vegas until 2017 now live in Havasu. I will NEVER move back to California!

I was born in Pasadena in 56. Lived in Arcadia till high school graduation in 74. GREAT place to grow up.

But that was then.

Like most So Cal cities it’s very different than 50 years ago. Still great school system but waaaaaay different city.

guest hs

Reaction score
I was born in Pasadena in 56. Lived in Arcadia till high school graduation in 74. GREAT place to grow up.

But that was then.

Like most So Cal cities it’s very different than 50 years ago. Still great school system but waaaaaay different city.
Arcadia, Temple City and Monrovia in the 70’s and early 80’s was a really great place to grow up!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Arcadia, Temple City and Monrovia in the 70’s and early 80’s was a really great place to grow up!
Roll through those cities now and you will think you landed in china.. I grew up in temple city and arcadia up until junior high.. Had a great childhood there. Alot has changed ..

probablecause

Reaction score
I wanted to move to Meridian Idaho, but pretty much every so called conservative from Cali has already moved there...they have driven prices up and tried to bring California philosophy with them.

Wife and I have been kicking it around over and over. Probably just buy a house somewhere else and stay in California until the impending doom becomes unbearable.
The only CA philosophy I have seen in Meridian (Boise, Ada County) is Red White and Blue. Some libtards have moved here but most are attracted to the Idaho way and don't want it to change. In fact, they want to protect it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Just got back to Sarasota the other day. Now may have to leave. :mad::rolleyes:

Actually won't leave. Our friend in Sarasota has a hurricane resistant house. LOL

According to my builder and local FD, I live in a wildfire resistant "Shelter in Place" home. Given a choice, I'd rather test that theory from afar :p
Was thinking about you and a few other RDPers when I was watching the news this morning, good luck and stay safe !!! :D

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score

But that was then.

Moved to Pasadena in 63, lived in Arcadia from 70 until graduation in 78. I was right behind you. Agreed, a great place to live and grow up in but things have certainly changed.

guest hs

Reaction score
Roll through those cities now and you will think you landed in china.. I grew up in temple city and arcadia up until junior high.. Had a great childhood there. Alot has changed ..
Yah I know I remember it starting in Monterey Park and spreading out from there!

buck35

Reaction score
We left Palm Springs June of ‘18 to travel full time. There are many beautiful places in this awesome country. We are finding ourselves drawn to Florida.
Were there for the winter then started a lap around the country. I like Texas but my partner is not that impressed. Wine country outside of Austin was cool. Hated Oregon and Washington with a passion. We were primarily along the coast and it was grey and wet all summer. Won’t be back there anytime soon if ever. Idaho is gorgeous but has winter. We are currently in southern Indiana visiting friends Pretty country but has been wet here as well. Heading up to London Ontario next week to visit some friends then back to Florida for October and will most likely bounce around there all winter again

Just courious, what did you hate in the northwest?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
The only CA philosophy I have seen in Meridian (Boise, Ada County) is Red White and Blue. Some libtards have moved here but most are attracted to the Idaho way and don't want it to change. In fact, they want to protect it.
I actually felt sorry for you Idaho peeps, drove through at rush-hour the other day the damn traffics just about as bad as California.:eek:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
According to my builder and local FD, I live in a wildfire resistant "Shelter in Place" home. Given a choice, I'd rather test that theory from afar :p
Was thinking about you and a few other RDPers when I was watching the news this morning, good luck and stay safe !!! :D

Thanks but not really worried. It will hit the east coast and we are on the west, so should slow a lot before it gets here. If it were going to hit the west coast we would be gone.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I actually felt sorry for you Idaho peeps, drove through at rush-hour the other day the damn traffics just about as bad as California.:eek:

100% right. Tell everyone you know.