WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where to shoot?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I got the wife a gun for Christmas. We're going to Ocotillo next weekend. Can we use firearms there?

dezertrider

Reaction score
Occotillo is a state park so I think its a felony for discharging a weapon in the park

Troy McClure

You may remember me...
Reaction score
I believe that it depends on the park. You can shoot in Johnson Valley, but just shotguns. I'll try to find a link.....

Here http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/

That is for CA and is separated by BLM and other areas, click on the links to find the park you're looking for.

:monkeypee

Just thought a pissing monkey is funny.

essexjet

Reaction score
I know that you could shoot out in Glamis being on BLM land (with some regulations) or so I was told. We've gone out a few times out there and never been told other wise.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
If it were legal, you would not shoot out there. Tooooo many people. You get back up to Havasu, you can go shooting with "the boys".

PS. Guns scare me.. :D

snake321

Irish Republican
Reaction score
Where to shoot?

How about the grey water storage???

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
If it were legal, you would not shoot out there. Tooooo many people. You get back up to Havasu, you can go shooting with "the boys".

PS. Guns scare me.. :D

This is of course a concern as well. Being out there during the weekdays I am hoping it may be less crowded.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Arizona. There are no laws there (excluding LHC of course :D )

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
You cannot shoot in the OHV area of Ocotillo Wells. I don't even think you can possess a weapon there.

You can go south of the highway and that is BLM land and it is legal to shoot there.

If you take split mountain rd south it will dog leg left and then dog leg right. On the left hand side is a wide open dry lake bed (you'll probably see a couple of RV's and trailers there). You'll see a dirt road leading into that area and if you follow it about a mile you'll be able to find plenty of areas with nice back drops to set up and shoot. Go there. I have shot many different weapons there without any incidents.

Be safe & have fun.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, if you're out camping, you can possess a firearm for personal protection. Might not be allowed to discharge it recreationaly though.

Could be in a state park, but I know not in a national one we found that out over the summer. No firearms period. BLM is okay.

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure, if you're out camping, you can possess a firearm for personal protection. Might not be allowed to discharge it recreationaly though.

Here's the link to the Ocotillo Wells SVRA rules & regs. It says no loaded firearms. Whatever the hell that means.... just head over to the BLM land that I mentioned earlier and you'll be fine.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1226