Where were you June 29, 1994

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We've been here for 5 years now full time and have had 2 126er's!! :eek:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Working at Jettrim. Two busted ass swamp coolers and a steel roof. Sweat shop upholstery style.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was at Lake Havasu for the record temperature of 128 degrees! ... felt like victory!

pretty sure I was in Parker.. it was pretty close to that some years later as well because I remember putting the boat in and never using it once. Lol

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I was working on a Hydrofluoric acid cracking unit in Long Beach. We had to wear full body acid suits and supplied air with all openings taped up because if you get this stuff on you it gets right past the skin and goes after the bone marrow. Full shower decontamination every time you left the unit and it was 105 outside (a bit hotter than that in the unit).

What do I win????

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We weren't here yet, but a friend that was called to tell us, and also said it was sprinkling and the steam off the asphalt made it hard to see across the street. So much for a dry heat.:D

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I was working on a Hydrofluoric acid cracking unit in Long Beach. We had to wear full body acid suits and supplied air with all openings taped up because if you get this stuff on you it gets right past the skin and goes after the bone marrow. Full shower decontamination every time you left the unit and it was 105 outside (a bit hotter than that in the unit).

What do I win????
Did you have your knife?

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

What do I win????

When I did my hazmat practical for operating engineers it was June in Riverside. Level A, operating equipment. When I was undressing sweat literally poured out of my rubber boot.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Driving home from Havasu and my truck threw an AC belt just outside Parker and then overheated before I got to desert center.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Not sure if it was that exact weekend but I was driving my friends truck towing the boat having to run the heater to try to not over heat and it literally melted the vents in the dash . Crazy times

parker ed

Reaction score
I was at Lake Havasu for the record temperature of 128 degrees! ... felt like victory!
345CB0D3-020E-4022-BCBD-E0A74E108CF8.png
This was 2013.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
That was my 1st trip ever to the river. I brought my tent trailer out and stayed at Park Moabi. The fun must have out weighed the heat, because here I am all these years later still coming back for more!!!

Mototrig

Reaction score
I was on the river at the needles bridge when it hit 128°. It was like an oven in your face while on the boats. I remember it like 110° the next day and it felt "refreshing"

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
128 is brutal. Remember being at Badnochs one day when it was that hot. It was like walking inside an oven. I'll Never forget That heat!

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
I was in the channel. Neck deep with a sombrero. Remember the hot air burning my nose bit when taking a deep breathe.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Lake Mohave. That night in Harrah's "Cisco's Party Zone" {if anyone remembers that} they announced the new high for the day.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Stopped at the Videl Junction Cafe leaving Parker and I thought I stepped in something sticky on the ground and realized my rubber flip flops were melting on the asphalt

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Lake Mead in some chicken shit rooms with window ac's Thai cooled to about 105 and the pool was a sauna.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
In Havasu at my uncles house putting an engine in a boat with my dad.

We wet bath towels then threw them in the freezer and kept rotating all day with them over our heads.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Ft Benning Georgia. I was either f-n hotter than shit and soaking wet, or colder than shit and soaking wet.

boatpi

Reaction score
Havasu, it was unimaginable. I went up river and parked it, much cooler due to river temp. I have the newspaper
Somewhere.

checkrd past

Reaction score
we were behind the misters. at the outerbar in havasu springs. Just had the bow rails powder coated black and thinking what a mistake

guest hs

Reaction score
I was sitting in the channel in my newly acquired 24 Eliminator Daytona and couldn’t believe what I had just heard on the radio about the temp that day!

RVRKID

Reaction score
I was in the channel. Neck deep with a sombrero. Remember the hot air burning my nose bit when taking a deep breathe.

My buddy and I were in the channel as well, neck deep with cowboy hats on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mothershipper

Reaction score
Yellow Sea, doing big circles on the Kitty Hawk. DPRK was acting up, we showed to get them to stay in their lane i suppose. It was a bit cooler there than in Havasu though.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Was that the weekend of the big Bear and Landers Quakes?

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I remember being on the water that day as a kid. I recall numerous dead fish floating on the waters surface. I always assumed they died because of the heat.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Same day. But 2 years earlier for the quakes.
That's what I figured, just trying to be sure. That's the day I was in the Flamingo for my sister's wedding in Vegas. Wild ride in a high rise and watching houses crushed and burning at home was rough to say the least.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
That was the year that my daughter and I painted the outside of our Havasu house. We came rolling into town and stopped at Walmart for some supplies and all you hear from everyone in the isles was talk about how insanely hot it was. When we got to the check-out the girl at the register asked if it was hot enough for us, I said "we just rolled into town and yes it's blazing out there but you live here so you should already be used to it". She looked at and said " you don't really believe that any one actually gets used to 127 , do you"!

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
There was also a huge contamination issue with the channel, just before the 4th of July weekend. Havasu was a ghost town on the 4th.

I lasted till late August, after getting laid off, headed to Flagstaff.

Dan'l

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Lake Mead, Callville Bay, That was one of the hottest summers Las Vegas has ever had. I remember at the fuel dock in the shade there thermometer said 130.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Same temps for us. We were on a rented houseboat on Mead. When we brought it back in later that week they said we were the only one of their boats that stayed out. We had a great beach at the Campanile. Glass everyday, all day long. We just stayed wet and hydrated. It was HOT. While hooking our boat and trailer to head home, I noticed I’d quit sweating. Not good. Drank a bottle of water, looked like a cartoon when I immediately began sweating it out.