WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where's The Beef! ??

River Runnin

Reaction score
Thought I'd put it over here and not anymore in them 2 other Threads! --- Will link them later though! --

So another round of Me ChuckRiskets! -- First time was here! ... > https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/posts/4432260/ < .....

.... Where I posted the MeatLoaf ... https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/ground-beef-available-time-to-stock-up.249226/

ChuckRisket 1.jpg

ChuckRisket 2.jpg

ChuckRisket 3.jpg

ChuckRisket 4.jpg

After a few hours and internal temp got to 165, I put them back in the foil added some water, wet down a couple times with apple juice, covered with foil and upped the the temp to 230* until the internal temp was above 200*

ChuckRisket 5.jpg

ChuckRisket 6.jpg

The bone popped loose when I dropped on the counter an inch er so away! .... Thinking I'll just pull this one!

ChuckRisket 7.jpg

Both rubs are great! ... But favor the Brisket a bit more!

ChuckRisket 8.jpg

ChuckRisket 9.jpg

🧑‍🍳🐄🥩🍽️;)

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Thought I'd put it over here and not anymore in them 2 other Threads! --- Will link them later though! --

So another round of Me ChuckRiskets! -- First time was here! ... > https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/posts/4432260/ < .....

View attachment 1104240

View attachment 1104241

View attachment 1104242

View attachment 1104243

After a few hours and internal temp got to 165, I put them back in the foil added some water, wet down a couple times with apple juice, covered with foil and upped the the temp to 230* until the internal temp was above 200*

View attachment 1104235

View attachment 1104236

The bone popped loose when I dropped on the counter an inch er so away! .... Thinking I'll just pull this one!

View attachment 1104237

Both rubs are great! ... But favor the Brisket a bit more!

View attachment 1104238

View attachment 1104239

🧑‍🍳🐄🥩🍽️;)
Which post in that thread? I tried this once and failed. I'd like to try again.

wash11

Reaction score
This is on my list to try for sure. The 7 bone chuck roast is seriously underrated as is, this might make it a sneaky super star.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Which post in that thread? I tried this once and failed. I'd like to try again.

I used a thin coating of Mustard to hold the Rub, Top, bottom, and sides. Grill Temp to 225 until internal hits around 165*, I hit them with apple juice a couple times, added (maybe 1/2 cup) some water in the bottom of the pan then foil it (This was more for speeding up) and set the temp to 230* --- An hour er so later I pulled them At about 203*/205* internal.

WildWilly

Reaction score

I used a thin coating of Mustard to hold the Rub, Top, bottom, and sides. Grill Temp to 225 until internal hits around 165*, I hit them with apple juice a couple times, added (maybe 1/2 cup) some water in the bottom of the pan then foil it (This was more for speeding up) and set the temp to 230* --- An hour er so later I pulled them At about 203*/205* internal.

and way faster getting to temp than a brisket....thats a bonus for a daytime cook

River Runnin

Reaction score
This turned into another — fast and easy! — meal for a couple days! .... Maybe!

Grab'd a pac of Joel’s beef— 2 pounder and brown'd it in the instant pot, (8qt Foodi here) season the beef! -- I used Boars Night Out "white Lightning", pepper, and a sweet & Savory rub.
Throw'd in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Added 1.5 cups of water, stir'd it, and pressure cook'd for 6 minutes. Release pressure.
I took 2 heaping teaspoons of corn starch (mixed with a little water) to thicken, brought it to a boil, then turned off— next time I’ll try a pack of brown gravy mix!
—I mixed up a pack of Idahoan instant spuds -- I used bowls and covered the beef with spuds -- then chowed down!
Not SoS and not quite Shepherds pie! ...

Pic's next time around! ;)

I used the Loaded Baked https://idahoan.com/product-category/family-size-mashed-potatoes And they're all right tasty!

wash11

Reaction score
This turned into another — fast and easy! — meal for a couple days! .... Maybe!

Grab'd a pac of Joel’s beef— 2 pounder and brown'd it in the instant pot, (8qt Foodi here) season the beef! -- I used Boars Night Out "white Lightning", pepper, and a sweet & Savory rub.
Throw'd in a bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Added 1.5 cups of water, stir'd it, and pressure cook'd for 6 minutes. Release pressure.
I took 2 heaping teaspoons of corn starch (mixed with a little water) to thicken, brought it to a boil, then turned off— next time I’ll try a pack of brown gravy mix!
—I mixed up a pack of Idahoan instant spuds -- I used bowls and covered the beef with spuds -- then chowed down!
Not SoS and not quite Shepherds pie! ...

Pic's next time around! ;)

I used the Loaded Baked https://idahoan.com/product-category/family-size-mashed-potatoes And they're all right tasty!
Where's the pics???? Sounds awesome!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Where's the pics???? Sounds awesome!
... And made it again! ;) But this time! ....

Added onion!
Fast&Easy 1.jpg

Fast&Easy 2.jpg

Fast&Easy 3.jpg

This is some good stuff right here! ... So had to add a bit to this one!

Fast&Easy 4.jpg

Fast&Easy 5.jpg

Fast&Easy 6.jpg

Fast&Easy 7.jpg

They're ALL good!!

Fast&Easy 8.jpg

Ready for the Fridge!

Fast&Easy 9.jpg

Ready for the face!

Fast&Easy 10.jpg

And this pepper is awesome!

Pepper 1.jpg

wash11

Reaction score
That's awesome! We finally did the 7-bone chuck roast on the Traeger, loosely following your recipe. I don't think I'll ever cook one any other way!