WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WHEW!!! what a great day...JACKPOT!!!

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
some days you just get lucky
started off signing a deal for 42 new homes with a new investor, how he new to bring my favorite lunch (flame broiler) I will never know...lol

next got the deal going to hire just the best construction super I know to handle this venture right out from under another developer that has been carrot dangling this guy for years , so I am super happy to have him on board and the chance to return the favor of him being my right hand man at Desert Storm for so many years

now as if locking in enough work for 2022 wasn't enough a couple hours later was my next meeting for a new home, as usual I try to get to know people so I design a custom home to fit their needs when I asked him what he does he said I work for Ford......my eyes lit up...so what do you do?....I am regional manager....my knees started to shake..LOL when we got to the point of what this his plans were going to cost him....I said well I don't know how much is this going to cost me? I just happened to have my build sheet handy (I've been shopping anyways) a bit of back and forth and the deal is made :cool:
f250.jpg
f250 features.jpg

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
some days you just get lucky
started off signing a deal for 42 new homes with a new investor, how he new to bring my favorite lunch (flame broiler) I will never know...lol

next got the deal going to hire just the best construction super I know to handle this venture right out from under another developer that has been carrot dangling this guy for years , so I am super happy to have him on board and the chance to return the favor of him being my right hand man at Desert Storm for so many years

now as if locking in enough work for 2022 wasn't enough a couple hours later was my next meeting for a new home, as usual I try to get to know people so I design a custom home to fit their needs when I asked him what he does he said I work for Ford......my eyes lit up...so what do you do?....I am regional manager....my knees started to shake..LOL when we got to the point of what this his plans were going to cost him....I said well I don't know how much is this going to cost me? I just happened to have my build sheet handy (I've been shopping anyways) a bit of back and forth and the deal is made :cool:
View attachment 1071502 View attachment 1071503
Congrats. Where are the 42 homes going to be built.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
congrats Karl on the new truck and signing a deal on the new project

LC925

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day at the office, congrats!

On a side note, I need an architect for a 2 story ADU in Redlands, CA if you or anyone you know can assist? 22’ x 36’ (ish) down stairs just a large “gameroom” with a bathroom or half bath and upstairs with 2 master bedrooms (one on each end) and living room / kitchen in the center.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sounds like a very productive day! Good job sir. Not only do you get a truck, but your papers become other guy's paychecks...good for lots of people.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Congrats on the new gig Karl! Sounds like you can upgrade the XL to a Platinum now, lol 😂

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day at the office, congrats!

On a side note, I need an architect for a 2 story ADU in Redlands, CA if you or anyone you know can assist? 22’ x 36’ (ish) down stairs just a large “gameroom” with a bathroom or half bath and upstairs with 2 master bedrooms (one on each end) and living room / kitchen in the center.
most of my connections end at the lake shore line...lol, my engineers are California certified but they stopped taking on any more new customers, I would check with @Mandelon I am sure he can steer you in the right direction

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You do realize Barney is gonna shit in your yard the moment it finds out you're replacing him..😁😁
Good day for sure👍

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
You do realize Barney is gonna shit in your yard the moment it finds out you're replacing him..😁😁
Good day for sure👍
Barney ain't going now where (see loyalty post above) now the Wagoneer on the other hand is all but gone. Bring a Trailer has sold 5 in the last 2 weeks all over $50k and one almost identical to mine short fuel injection, 4w discs and Dakota dash went for $69.5k last week, so I think mine should bring right around that number...we will see :cool:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Barney ain't going now where (see loyalty post above) now the Wagoneer on the other hand is all but gone. Bring a Trailer has sold 5 in the last 2 weeks all over $50k and one almost identical to mine short fuel injection, 4w discs and Dakota dash went for $69.5k last week, so I think mine should bring right around that number...we will see :cool:
That would be the prudent path for sure.
Trophy Truck Barney??😁🤘
And hopefully you won't need to go back in time/job and design computer chips so they can build your new truck in a timely manner.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats Karl. Not sure why anyone needs more than an F150 😂

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Congratulations Karl but when are ever going to find time to work on the car now? Lol

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
How long will it take to get that project approved by the City?

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
How long will it take to get that project approved by the City?
phase 1-3 (320 homes) already approved with phases 1 and 2 already final-ed and SOLD OUT!!! dozens of homes in progress with dozens of completed sales between 700k and 1M, you don't even want to know how easy the permit process is out here, it took about a year to prepare the plans (surveyor, civil, soils etc) and about 8 months of review at the county...

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Great news!!!
So I guess getting together for lunch again any time soon is out of the question.
Keep up the good work!

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
Great news!!!
So I guess getting together for lunch again any time soon is out of the question.
Keep up the good work!
are you kidding I haven't gone off the deep end yet...priorities man, lunch then lunch nap then work...LOL

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
That would be the prudent path for sure.
Trophy Truck Barney??😁🤘
And hopefully you won't need to go back in time/job and design computer chips so they can build your new truck in a timely manner.
I think I should just BRONZE Barney and go get him a little import to rub up against...LOL

chip, funny you mention that...Skid called last week asking me to do some PCB's for him...I had to say no

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I'm doing a four home build and it is taking months. Just horrible here!!!

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I'm doing a four home build and it is taking months. Just horrible here!!!
just a house permit is only a couple weeks here, but we are all suffering supply issues, hell I order windows as soon just get the floor plans drawn

Last edited: