WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which brand O/B’s for Florida CC boating (twins)?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Co worker bought home in Cape Coral, has boat dock/ lift
Will be purchasing a 26-30’ CC
Which brand O/B is best in florida and why?

Service/ longevity being a priority, what’s the O/B group suggest?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yamaha or Merc. Simple as that. I will add, the new duo prop Suzuki 350 is getting great reviews. But pretty new so not quite the established track record.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hondas are very popular in the East Coast Salt scene, same with Yamahas.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Biggest issue with Honda,is they only go to 250hp. Pretty lite for newer CC boats.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I pass on the info thank you all
on a second note any cc ‘s you guys recommend in the 26 to 30 foot range? He has 200 K to spend

hallett21

Reaction score
I pass on the info thank you all
on a second note any cc ‘s you guys recommend in the 26 to 30 foot range? He has 200 K to spend

Is this a people hauler/ party boat? Fishing rig and diving rig? Combination of the 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I like the Edgewaters and Everglades these are more fishing. Depending what he's looking for.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Damn. That’s tuff. There are sooooo many beautiful boats out there in that range. Great news, he’s in Florida. Ground zero for CC. I’d be attending all the boat shows to see what’s hot.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The fishing guys that I know all swear by yami's. They have had flywheel issues in the bigger motors. Not sure if that's been fixed or not. The power to weight ratio of the mercs is hard to beat. Buddy of mine has an everglades with an inboard diesel that's a tank.

I'm a big fan of the concept and the midnight express cuddly boats. But don't think those are in the price range.

SLT Kota

Reaction score
For power, Yamaha has always been the leader in power for those kind of boats but Mercury been catching up fast. The 350 Yamaha's had some sort of issue with corrosion in the salt water so some people don't like them. Suzuki has been known as the "budget" option but has a very good reputation.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Hard to go wrong with any of them nowadays. For me one of the big factors would be a solid authorized & established dealership/ service center. I prefer Yamaha just cause of their track record, and there is a good dealer/ service center near me. Luckily I've never had to use them, but it's peace of mind knowing if something serious happens, I can take it to a place and know it'll be handled right the 1st time.