WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which member?

D19

Reaction score
Who’s members truck? Saw an RDP decal on the rear window.

Sorry for not getting the lic plate.

2995C77D-1263-413C-801F-616651E67BAA.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Hahahahaha and i probably shouldn’t have posted on the 2013 Duramax post yesterday lol. But i blew an oil line off the back of the turbo so it went to Kingman to a Duramax guru to replace that as well he’s going to check out a few things. Also really hoping to find a cp3 before he’s done so he can just do that as well.

Anyone have any good tips on cleaning oil from concrete? Spent 5/6 hours yesterday with Dawn, Purple Power driveway cleaner, and some pour and restore, and it still looks like shit.
09322CA0-778D-4A87-B618-9CDC82AA1437.png

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Hahahahaha and i probably shouldn’t have posted on the 2013 Duramax post yesterday lol. But i blew an oil line off the back of the turbo so it went to Kingman to a Duramax guru to replace that as well he’s going to check out a few things. Also really hoping to find a cp3 before he’s done so he can just do that as well.

Anyone have any good tips on cleaning oil from concrete? Spent 5/6 hours yesterday with Dawn, Purple Power driveway cleaner, and some pour and restore, and it still looks like shit.
View attachment 829536

Use some slightly damp kitty litter or absorbX. Grind it in with the heal of your shoe or a push broom and work it around the area. Let the pile stand on top of the oil for several hours before sweeping up. Do it a couple time. Sometime depending on the porosity of the concrete getting the concrete damp first helps the oil rise out.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
View attachment 829536

Gas and a brush. Pour a good amount of gas on the stain, let sit for about 30 seconds, scrub with the brush, rinse with a little more gas, and hose it off with water. Do it a couple of times if you have to.

This is the best way I have found. Depending on the type of concrete and how long the oil has been on it, a mark may remain for a while that usually will fade with time.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Use some slightly damp kitty litter or absorbX. Grind it in with the heal of your shoe or a push broom and work it around the area. Let the pile stand on top of the oil for several hours before sweeping up. Do it a couple time. Sometime depending on the porosity of the concrete getting the concrete damp first helps the oil rise out.
i used regular sand/dirt to absorb the wet puddle but I’ll try some litter today.
Gas and a brush. Pour a good amount of gas on the stain, let sit for about 30 seconds, scrub with the brush, rinse with a little more gas, and hose it off with water. Do it a couple of times if you have to.

This is the best way I have found. Depending on the type of concrete and how long the oil has been on it, a mark may remain for a while that usually will fade with time.
It’s from Saturday night so...... I’m ascared of gas lol, but I’ll check that as well.
Lacquer thinner works awesome. Pour it on liberally give it a little scrub and it’s good. Works amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks.

The three puddles suck but the dribble lines across and back re the real shit ones. Specially since i drove in, backed out, then drove in and around the circle to the other side. Looked like grads yesterday on my hands and knees all day scrubbing.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
It’s from Saturday night so...... I’m ascared of gas lol, but I’ll check that as well

I’ve done it a lot on oil stains that were over a week old. Had a girl stay at our house to watch the dogs while we were on vacation for 10 days and her car leaked all over the place. Gas and a brush took it all out.

Obviously, the less porous the concrete is, the better the results. The concrete in your picture looks reasonably smooth, so it should work well.

It has been my experience that kitty litter and other surface absorbents only take care of the surface. You need something that will work it’s way down into the concrete, solubilize the oil, and “float” it up and out. Gas is perfect for that and cheap so you can use a lot of it.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I've used brake cleaner on small areas and it worked real well.

D19

Reaction score

View attachment 829536

That’s a bummer. I thought I recognized the truck. Do you live off Mountain View?

WD40 works for getting oil stains off concrete.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
The longer the oil sits, the more troublesome it gets.
I've brushed in gas and brake cleaner and both work. The key is you have to soak it up with a rag while it's still wet on the concrete.

Pavers are a different story.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ll get after it with gas when the wind ends but wow that shit works good on more than just lighting peoples houses on fire. Took it off real well. Thank you.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Are blue wheels like blue balls?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I’ll get after it with gas when the wind ends but wow that shit works good on more than just lighting peoples houses on fire. Took it off real well. Thank you.

No problem. It’s the easiest and cheapest way. Been doing it for years.

Wizard29 <——— Spent some time in chemical and material applications engineering.