WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which members have left RDP recently or plan on leaving and why?

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I know of several members that have just quietly chosen to stop posting on RDP and ironically most of them are for the same reason.
Who have you noticed missing lately?

Meaney77

Reaction score
I have noticed that there have been a few that dont really post anymore as well.

Your ad here

Reaction score
With time hobbies and interest change. Usually the case. Some do have thin skin and leave when their feelings are hurt. It's a time cycle. I was into the diesel and gun forums but that's out of my system now. When forums get sold is when you see everyone jump ship. Advertising slowing the site down and really just kills the site. It happened to PSN if anyone knows about that forum. Forums do get busier in the winter do to cold weather keeping people indoors as were in summer everyone is outdoors.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I know why I took a break. Seems to be a common thing.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I find the level of bitterness; down right hate for anything not acceptable in your view; a lot of members say they hate facebook but have turned this place into facebook...where nothing is off limits to shit on. Superbowl half time threads are one example...So you don't like the music; sorry some would say rock is dead and pop sells. Kobe thread was another. Heck even the magic boat fire...5 posts before someone starts shitting on Magic. At least I know what I get with Facebook and Insta....and similar I literally skip over most threads in this place as it is the same...Lot of wasted time. Definitely not the community it started as... IMO

oldschool

Reaction score
All roads lead to narcissism. I’d imagine when some don’t receive the attention or response they were hoping for they get upset and leave. Others just get busy.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I find the level of bitterness; down right hate for anything not acceptable in your view; a lot of members say they hate facebook but have turned this place into facebook...where nothing is off limits to shit on. Superbowl half time threads are one example...So you don't like the music; sorry some would say rock is dead and pop sells. Kobe thread was another. Heck even the magic boat fire...5 posts before someone starts shitting on Magic. At least I know what I get with Facebook and Insta....and similar I literally skip over most threads in this place as it is the same...Lot of wasted time. Definitely not the community it started as... IMO

Well said sir!
It’s a lot of get off my lawn people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Spot on... the bitterness, jealousy, and hate is un fucking real

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is what happens to for profit forums as they grow. You attract different personalities and it is not in the interests of the site to ban people or personalities that may drive other people away.

Bickering = site traffic = increased membership = revenue.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know of several members that have just quietly chosen to stop posting on RDP and ironically most of them are for the same reason.
Who have you noticed missing lately?

What was the reason?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is what happens to for profit forums as they grow. You attract different personalities and it is not in the interests of the site to ban people or personalities that may drive other people away.

Bickering = site traffic = increased membership = revenue.

That is entirely backwards in my experience. Arguments lead to temporary spikes in participation. Overall negativity will drive traffic down in the long run.

The biggest hit rdp has taken in 12 years was my ankle of we are being honest. Hard to be fun loving happy go lucky host guy when you are in constant pain.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Apparently I need to go read the halftime show thread.. lol

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That is entirely backwards in my experience. Arguments lead to temporary spikes in participation. Overall negativity will drive traffic down in the long run.

The biggest hit rdp has taken in 12 years was my ankle of we are being honest. Hard to be fun loving happy go lucky host guy when you are in constant pain.

Yore problem is there are not enough arguments here :)

But yes I agree. I define “Bickering” as not giant argument, but closer to spirited debate, which is most threads.

Devolving it to threatening messages is stupid and should not be tolerated... not saying you do tolerate that behavior.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Is the common reason a secret?
Not all. Anybody that has been around here very long can figure who is gone and why they left. The reasons vary from person to person but a common denominator clearly shows up.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Not all. Anybody that has been around here very long can figure who is gone and why they left. The reasons vary from person to person but a common denominator clearly shows up.
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. What is the thing you see common with them? I see it more of people move on to other things for a bit.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I can think of some who were banned, some who moved, some who sold boats, and some who lost interest.

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm new here, but have lurked for a year or so. What I see is everybody is a fucking know it all. IMO. No disrespect to anyone, but don't give advice if you haven't a clue.
Everyone is right and if you don't agree then you're a stupid asshole......that is basically the connotation that comes out of many threads.
Many short sighted kneejerk reactions. Others take things waaaaaaaay too personally(aka thin skinned).Then you have the ones who can't keep themselves out of heated conversations or have to throw other members under the bus even though it is 100% unrelated to the thread................and so on, and so on, and so on......:D

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
What was the reason?
Typically some form of confrontation or bullying which turns into a bunch of Drama that everybody jumps into like a gang fight which naturally drives traffic and then it turns to threats by one member or another which is when someone quietly just leaves or on a very rare occasion is forced to leave.
Yore problem is there are not enough arguments here :)

But yes I agree. I define “Bickering” as not giant argument, but closer to spirited debate, which is most threads.

Devolving it to threatening messages is stupid and should not be tolerated... not saying you do tolerate that behavior.

Dave DOES tolerate that behavior to some and yet not others but it is his site so he can do what ever the hell he wants to. This is his house after all, we can choose to stay as well as we can choose to leave or we can be asked to leave or on the very rare occasion we can be forced to leave. Either way, This is still Dave's house so...........

Personally I have seen a couple members here make personal threats that get clipped very quickly at least by means of a temporary vacation or worst while others seem to just threaten who ever they want in a very personal way and they never get called out for it by the Mods or Dave himself. Maybe they have been threatened themselves, who knows. It is just an observation that I have made and was curious to see if anyone else has noticed it as well.
Apparently by some of the responses other see this as well. @LargeOrangeFont posted my point fairly clearly.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Typically some form of confrontation or bullying which turns into a bunch of Drama that everybody jumps into like a gang fight which naturally drives traffic and then it turns to threats by one member or another which is when someone quietly just leaves or on a very rare occasion is forced to leave.

Dave DOES tolerate that behavior to some and yet not others but it is his site so he can do what ever the hell he wants to. This is his house after all, we can choose to stay as well as we can choose to leave or we can be asked to leave or on the very rare occasion we can be forced to leave. Either way, This is still Dave's house so...........

Personally I have seen a couple members here make personal threats that get clipped very quickly at least by means of a temporary vacation or worst while others seem to just threaten who ever they want in a very personal way and they never get called out for it by the Mods or Dave himself. Maybe they have been threatened themselves, who knows. It is just an observation that I have made and was curious to see if anyone else has noticed it as well.
Apparently by some of the responses other see this as well. @LargeOrangeFont posted my point fairly clearly.

I didn’t think he made this point clearly.
PM me some examples of what you are talking about. I’d be interested in at least hearing it out.. I try to be as fair as I can with things, but nobodies perfect.

buck35

Reaction score
One I was thinking of ,and who's name was just brought up is murder vector.
You need a thicker hide around here for sure ,lol. Got lambasted last Eve for asking a car? However another pmed me a starting point.:cool: imma guessing we were both a few beers in though.:D
As said many times, opinions are like assholes,and we all have one although some appear to hosed off/ out frequently.:confused:

oldschool

Reaction score
I’d imagine people are the same here as they are in person. I’ve read comments that So-and-so is much different in person than online, bullshit. You are who you are, if you think you’re “pretending”to be an asshole online you’re probably an asshole. Those same people that get offended, insulted or outraged by stuff here probably are always getting upset by real life shit too. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have more pressing issues to deal with than what someone says on the internet or if some has a different point of view or belief than me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One I was thinking of ,and who's name was just brought up is murder vector.
You need a thicker hide around here for sure ,lol. Got lambasted last Eve for asking a car? However another pmed me a starting point.:cool: imma guessing we were both a few beers in though.:D
As said many times, opinions are like assholes,and we all have one although some appear to hosed off/ out frequently.:confused:

I just saw vosmeyer two weeks ago at the 425, wearing an rdp hat.. lol. I didn’t know he ever posted on here?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Life moves on. Many have sold their boats and have other interests. A few got their feeling hurt. Some of the OG are still around. We are all busy, and many just don't have the time any more.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I used to be a daily regular on some of the offroad and Glamis forums but got burnt out on the desert and got back in heavy to the river scene a couple years ago so this is my main forum to visit now. I think people hobbies change. FB has put a big dent into Forums nowadays too.

sirbob

Reaction score
Everything goes in cycles

The 7 year itch is real in every aspect of life.

Relationships

Jobs

Friends

I worked for a company that everybody said I'd be nuts to work for
- cut throat environment
- fire you at the drop of the hat
- make your number or you are gone etc...

I was there 15 years.

That environment fit me. Other hires looked good on paper but did not fit the environment. They were bummed rushed to the door by the company or themselves when they realized they were going to get fired.

It's not a simple as bullying or getting a dose of somebody else's option that doesn't agree with you. IMO

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Life moves on. Many have sold their boats and have other interests. A few got their feeling hurt. Some of the OG are still around. We are all busy, and many just don't have the time any more.

And you are?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
It's the internet, but it's no different than an average trip walking thru a busy town. Lots of cool shit, lots of dumb shit, lots of entertaining shit, lots of offensive shit. Pick and choose what you interact with