WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Which members have left RDP recently or plan on leaving and why?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Oh I agree 100% on what you are saying.. But I do believe there are some guys that see I post and it’s chum in the water and they instantly go after it regardless of the topic

That is just the state of the internet...

The converse is also true, You can't be upset when you ask a personal question or ask for advice and it goes sideways, or you don't get the result you were hoping for. Just let it go, take anything of value you got in response and move on.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
I got busy with business expansion.
Always kept in touch with the old school regulars.
Even bought a SxS from Dave.

Many OG’s still come in and have some food and refreshments on their way to and from the river.

It’s good seeing the names of past.

Literally, some are from 2 decades ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
I never left for getting hurt feelings, in fact I don't think I've ever had beef with anyone on here. I've left a couple of times for the simple fact I got busy with life and just kind of stopped logging in. It will probably happen again at sometime, but I am just kind of the run of the mill member, sometimes I've got something to add, sometimes I don't.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Nobody likes a quitter....
Forums and message boards Are basically ” no country for old men” . The younger generation will always go to social media first and there is some good info to be passed along on tech issues on some of those sites. Pretty sure we don’t have too many guys under 35 on these boards which most of us were 20 years ago just a change nothing more nothing less

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oh I agree 100% on what you are saying.. But I do believe there are some guys that see I post and it’s chum in the water and they instantly go after it regardless of the topic
For the record... I didn’t get mad about any of the posts in the hair thread. I laughed at most of them. It’s just a perfect example of how guys read so far into my life. It went from, I was mad my wife cut her hair without telling me, to guys saying I was getting divorced. And my wife beats me because she read the thread. Kind of like the thread I started about work. That went to I was losing my job, and I’d be bagging groceries. A year and a couple promotions later here I am. And happily married :) and yes I did receive messages asking about my marriage, my job, my wife, and the kids. Guys can assume I didn’t get the answer or response I wanted... what response did I want? Again it’s guys that think they know everything and can’t be wrong. Some people are happy to see me do well, others are waiting to see a thread where I’ve lost my job, my wife left me, and the kids don’t talk to me... it is what it is, and will be what it always was.

buck35

Reaction score
For the record... I didn’t get mad about any of the posts in the hair thread. I laughed at most of them. It’s just a perfect example of how guys read so far into my life. It went from, I was mad my wife cut her hair without telling me, to guys saying I was getting divorced. And my wife beats me because she read the thread. Kind of like the thread I started about work. That went to I was losing my job, and I’d be bagging groceries. A year and a couple promotions later here I am. And happily married :) and yes I did receive messages asking about my marriage, my job, my wife, and the kids. Guys can assume I didn’t get the answer or response I wanted... what response did I want? Again it’s guys that think they know everything and can’t be wrong. Some people are happy to see me do well, others are waiting to see a thread where I’ve lost my job, my wife left me, and the kids don’t talk to me... it is what it is, and will be what it always was.

Good on you Vic! I'd be the first to admit having been at odds in the past.
You give me hope for the younger generation.:cool:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Good on you Vic! I'd be the first to admit having been at odds in the past.
You give me hope for the younger generation.:cool:
Same here, 100%!! Vic's done really well for himself since those first, I'm going to kick yore ass, years. We've all seen him grow up to be and have what he has today and I, for one. think it's GREAT!!! Keep it up Vic, yore actually a shinning light now days!!:cool::cool:

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Here is my response to you....

Fock them all. At the end of the day, no one pays your bills but you and your wife. Do what is best for you and your family. Don’t be an open book, people love to see a novella and thrive off that shit. A big thing is your age and success. When I was 26, I was a manager for a big aviation company. My boss was a dick and died from cancer (unexpectedly). He took everything with him to the grave. My choice was to either put on my big boy pants on and quickly learn and figure everything out or lose everything that I’ve worked so hard for. So I buckled up and worked my ass off. Biggest problem I had were the guys that were 40 years old and older were always trying to undermine me. I had to get rid of some of that cancer because it would spread to the rest of the work force and even customers. When you are young, hard working and successful, some people don’t like it and jealousy sets in. In your case, you have a good looking family. A wife who works, makes good money and takes care of the house. Your close with your parents and relatives. The total package. So what, you made some mistakes. So has everyone else. Work hard, pay your bills off and spend as much time with your kids/family as much as possible. One thing in life you can’t change is time. Working smarter in life helps too. Take any opportunity that will achieve your goals. Everything else will fall into place. I laugh at all those focks that use to give me shit. I retired at 43 and many of them are still working and probably still talking shit. So, don’t pay attention to those stalkers that give you shit on here. Have you noticed one thing, the most successful individuals on this site do not post too much (unless it’s site biz related). When they do, it’s pretty good stuff. They don’t post a lot because they are busy making $$$$$. A lot of times they post from 3:00 - 6:00 am and then take care of business. I wish you and your family the best. Know how it’s like to be in your shoes. Made a lot of mistakes, learned from them. I don’t pay attention to idiots and negative people. Don’t have time for that shit.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Did I miss something?? LOL.

I don't really engage in online arguments. I haven't been able to post as much lately, or take pics, because I have been working a lot in the last couple years. I spend a lot of time in the car, and have been working in areas that don't have great cell service. Where I am right now, for example, I can't hardly use my phone except when I have wifi at the hotel.

I definitely see the arguing getting more personal. Like I said, i don't typically engage in online arguments. I also don't get in many arguments in real life. I am polite to most people, and most people are polite to me.

That's all I gotz.

Sent From Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did I miss something?? LOL.

I don't really engage in online arguments. I haven't been able to post as much lately, or take pics, because I have been working a lot in the last couple years. I spend a lot of time in the car, and have been working in areas that don't have great cell service. Where I am right now, for example, I can't hardly use my phone except when I have wifi at the hotel.

I definitely see the arguing getting more personal. Like I said, i don't typically engage in online arguments. I also don't get in many arguments in real life. I am polite to most people, and most people are polite to me.

That's all I gotz.

Sent From Tapatalk

I don’t think ya missed anything.. lol. The thread title (to me anyways) seems to imply that there was some exodus, but if there was I didn’t notice it.

I talked to instigator last night to kinda figure out what he was talking about because the stats certainly didn’t support my impression of the thread meaning.

It was explained that the thread was about a member or members taking this BF s to far.. In one recent case a person potentially threatening to sue people etc. I have been looking for that instance but haven’t found it yet nor have I been provided an example of it.

Overall the stats for the board are up in terms of online users, posts per day etc from last year at this time. There is always down ticks in winter for rdp because it is primarily a boating website. Used to be most would venture over to GD.com but I dunno where they are going now.

As for rdp, we just came off having our second regatta in November and it was wildly successful. We are up on advertising across the board. Clothing sales are up. We have some big plans in the works to launch the new site with new classifieds any day now. We are putting together boat tests for the first time in almost 5 years.

The biggest hit we’ve taken is my health with regard to the ankle and constant pain. That hasn’t helped content at all, or my happy hour lucky self because it’s hard to be water off a ducks ass when you are in constant pain.

The drama has been pretty light for a winter so far compared years passed. We have had some pretty epic blow outs in the winter that got way out of hand.. lol

overall though sites doing good.. RDP RE is doing out of this world and the future looks bright so long as this economy keeps going!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I don’t think ya missed anything.. lol. The thread title (to me anyways) seems to imply that there was some exodus, but if there was I didn’t notice it.

I talked to instigator last night to kinda figure out what he was talking about because the stats certainly didn’t support my impression of the thread meaning.

It was explained that the thread was about a member or members taking this BF s to far.. In one recent case a person potentially threatening to sue people etc. I have been looking for that instance but haven’t found it yet nor have I been provided an example of it.
!
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/500bbc.211229/#post-3572855

Reads fairly like a threat of litigation to me?
Or is it just joshing around?
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/500bbc.211229/#post-3572845

530RL

Reaction score
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/500bbc.211229/#post-3572855

Reads fairly like a threat of litigation to me?
Or is it just joshing around?

Since you want to make accusations let me be clear.

One should read the entire thread for context.

500 repeatedly accused a member of engaging in a sex crime against minors. Specifically that a member engaged in pedophilia. And I emphasize repeatedly. To the extent one disagrees I am happy to post up his repeated allegations.

I pointed out under Arizona law that accusing someone of a sex crime is a violation of Arizona law and many hungry lawyers would love the free money.

That is just a statement of informational fact with the hope that those who engaged in such conduct would consider their posts not only for their benefit but for the benefit of the entire RDP community and Dave’s rules of be nice.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Since you want to make accusations let me be clear.

One should read the entire thread for context.

500 repeatedly accused a member of engaging in a sex crime against minors. And I emphasize repeatedly. To the extent one disagrees I am happy to post up his repeated allegations.

I pointed out under Arizona law that accusing someone of a sex crime is a violation of Arizona law and many hungry lawyers would love the free money.

That is just a statement of informational fact with the hope that those who engaged in such conduct would consider their posts not only for their benefit but for the benefit of the entire RDP community and Dave’s rules of be nice.
Please don’t sue me:D
I didn’t accuse anyone of anything.
It certainly wasn’t couple of guys hanging out after work unwinding, or some place some one would want to hang out though, was it?

The only thing more silly than calling each other names online is suggesting someone should sue someone else for doing so.
You’re no innocent down there, so don’t go getting all defensive.

All you dickheads need to find a new hobby.

530RL

Reaction score
Please don’t sue me:D
I didn’t accuse anyone of anything.
It certainly wasn’t couple of guys hanging out after work unwinding, or some place some one would want to hang out though, was it?

The only thing more silly than calling each other names online is suggesting someone should sue someone else for doing so.
You’re no innocent down there, so don’t go getting all defensive.

All you dickheads need to find a new hobby.

You don’t have a nice red v-drive that Gmac could use to replace his sailboat so I think you are safe. :)

There is a difference at least to me between “unwinding” and accusing someone of sexually assaulting children.

But maybe you’re right and such conduct is good for Dave’s business and the community of RDP?

Please note the sarcasm if it didn’t come through clearly in the typed word.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
You don’t have a nice red v-drive that Gmac could use to replace his sailboat so I think you are safe. :)

There is a difference at least to me between “unwinding” and accusing someone of sexually assaulting children.

But maybe you’re right and such conduct is good for Dave’s business and the community of RDP?

Please note the sarcasm if it didn’t come through clearly in the typed word.
How do you know what I do or don’t have?
You mentioned context in your previous post.
You are correct. Context is everything.
Goes back to the judge K “job interview”, Gmac believing an accusation•guilt. No question.
So 500 turned his own perspective against him.
A couple of type A guys.
It’s still a douche move to suggest someone should sue because of internet banter.
New
Hobby
Needed
!
;)

530RL

Reaction score
Goes back to the judge K “job interview”, Gmac believing an accusation•guilt. No question.
A couple of type A guys.
It’s still a douche move to suggest someone should sue because of internet banter.
New
Hobby
Needed
!
;)

I have no problem that you think I am a “douche”

I just respectfully agree to disagree.

And to the point of your thread, your view that I am a “douche” doesn’t keep me from staying or leaving. Quite frankly it doesn’t matter to me and it shouldn’t matter to anyone what others think.

After all, isn’t that the point of your thread.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm working on my stand up comedy for crying out loud.
So far I haven't made it in before karaoke and last call, but I am working on it.:p
Try harder, lol.
Stand up is out. No jokes left someone won’t be offended by.
Rodney Dangerfield would go broke in todays climate.

I recently heard we can’t use tranny fluid anymore.
New California law.
Now we have to use gender neutral shift juice.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have no problem that you think I am a “douche”

I just respectfully agree to disagree.

And to the point of your thread, your view that I am a “douche” doesn’t keep me from staying or leaving. Quite frankly it shouldn’t matter to me and it shouldn’t matter to anyone what others think.

After all, isn’t that the point of your thread.
I didn’t make the thread, I just made a couple of posts;)
I can agree to disagree with you, and don’t want or expect you to leave.
Don’t want anyone to leave.
I wish a few would come back.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Times are hard, even for an old bad wanna be comedian. :(
:p

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A couple of type A guys.
New
Hobby
Needed
!
;)

Kind of a douche move to keep calling someone a pedophile too, regardless of how much you disagree with them.

530RL

Reaction score
I didn’t make the thread, I just made a couple of posts;)
I can agree to disagree with you, and don’t want or expect you to leave.
Don’t want anyone to leave.
I wish a few would come back.

Well some are not here because Dave rightfully sent them on vacations for violating his rules.

Dave doesn’t need defending as he can stand on his own two feet.

But to be honest, and I accept we respectfully disagree, he is doing what is consistent with his rules.

And we should all be respectful of how he runs his business and living.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
The only thing common is its winter.
I know of several members that have just quietly chosen to stop posting on RDP and ironically most of them are for the same reason.
Who have you noticed missing lately?
I slowed down when RD deleted the “sandbar” section. :(

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Well some are not here because Dave rightfully sent them on vacations for violating his rules.

Dave doesn’t need defending as he can stand on his own two feet.

But to be honest, and I accept we respectfully disagree, he is doing what is consistent with his rules.

And we should all be respectful of how he runs his business and living.
Ya know?
It almost sounds a little like you’re putting words in my mouth, or reading something that wasn’t there.
I wasn’t talking about people Dave sent away. His house, his rules but sure I wish a few of those guys could come back.
But I didn’t say could, I said would.
What’s the title of this thread again?

Edit...
And seriously!
Let’s resoect Dave’s place of business.
We can start by not suggesting inmates sue other inmates over shit said at Dave’s place of business.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I take that back.. It was a "Lip Smackers" NOT Cha*stick.
I hope I'm not going to have to deal with the Lawyers of previous said product that I redact.
Oh well that makes total sense.
What dog could resist something called Lip Smackers? ::D

copterzach

Reaction score
It’s a fun place. Some need to lighten the fuck up. Amazing the amount of knowledge that is here. Reading the Kobe thread made me realize I don’t t know shit about Instrument Meteorological Flight. I know a little about flying helicopters, a little about Real Estate, but I have a jet bote.

The other thing about RDP is when an inmate is in need the crew always comes through. I have donated to lots of causes on RDP. Good people helping each other.

Where the hell is 460?? Still have not got my free swag....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So the drama is from the P&G section: noted
Pretty much less than 5% of the traffic on this site.
I’d wager that “back room” of RDP has little to no effect on the daily ops of the site.
I’ve done my share of name calling but sex accusations in this climate is considered too far by many.
I appreciate RD letting most of these beefs play out.
Pretty much like most of our jobs:
When you leave, don’t let the door hit your backside on the way out

Eceryone is replaceable, life goes on, the mission still gets done.
Less self importance, more listening before typing will go a long way towards keeping members around.
But change is the only thing that stays the same. Embrace it or become irrelevant

Reactions: TPC

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I know I’ve said this before but this time I mean it. I may not be back.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Since you want to make accusations let me be clear...

...with the hope that those who engaged in such conduct would consider their posts not only for their benefit but for the benefit of the entire RDP community and Dave’s rules of be nice.

Do tell...

“530RL said:
I've had enough of your oracle bullshit. From now on you will be known as "cancer lover".

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Thanks to all that have posted in this thread.
At the end of the day I have come to the following conclusion which doesn't mean it is right or wrong rather just my conclusion.

I think that some people may sell their boat and just lose interest or life in general changes their direction and their new path just simple doesn't include RDP anymore.

Some get the feelings hurt and take their ball and bat and go home quietly.

Then some of the weaker ones usually leave here in a ball of flames kicking and screaming like Pelosi, Schiff and many others, wait, is there another trend there?:D

Nevermind......
And finally others will leave because of the Bitterness and Vial comments and Threats that some make to others which usually draws in school yard bullies and immature children to jump on the band wagon and encourage the bad behavior to continue. Wait an minute, is this RDP or Congress?

One thing that I do feel comfortable in saying in conclusion is that alot ( Surely not all )of those that leave, at some point in time will at a minimum come back to lurk and eventually start posting again once they feel the playground is safe for them again.

I just wish that EVERYONE could realize the REALITY that this site, just like ALL the others is a form of ENTERTAINMENT and mostly a DIS-CONNECTED form of Social interaction which is very different from In Person Social Interaction and most would not act the same in person as they tend to act here because in person social interaction would be immediate and with direct consequence for behaving badly.

I do hope that in some way this will bring some thoughts to be pondered by posters, lurkers and the ownership alike and something positive can come out of this fro everyone alike. If so, it will likely make it a more pleasant entertainment experience for all and maybe even grow Dave's business along the way.

Either way, Nature will surely continue to thin the herd..........;D
Thanks again to all.

fishing fool

Reaction score
I know I cut back a lot because of River Whips..... I can get valuable, reliable information there... If I need anymore information in life I tune into CNN......

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I know I cut back a lot because of River Whips..... I can get valuable, reliable information there... If I need anymore information in life I tune into CNN......

:) Good as it gets Thanks :)
“Deadpan, dry humour, deep pan or dry wit humour[1] is the deliberate display of a lack of or no emotion, commonly as a form of comedicdelivery to contrast with the ridiculousness of the subject matter. The delivery is meant to be blunt, ironic, laconic, or apparently unintentional”

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
:) Good as it gets Thanks :)
“Deadpan, dry humour, deep pan or dry wit humour[1] is the deliberate display of a lack of or no emotion, commonly as a form of comedicdelivery to contrast with the ridiculousness of the subject matter. The delivery is meant to be blunt, ironic, laconic, or apparently unintentional”

What would we do without another cut and paste off the internet from ole Dan.. lol.

fishing fool

Reaction score
All joking aside. I have cut back because the inmates here have become friends in real life. I actully talk to them or hang out with them. I do and will come here for information on that the hell I can do with the fire stick (not the firestick Grads is thinking of) and any other information life throws at me and I need advise....

brownsuger

Reaction score
People get their panties in a bunch and start PM you threatening to kick your ass. Idiots.

Jesus Pete..... Seriously? Now that is some funny stuff right there.... Keyboard tough guys....