WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

While yer all confined....

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
On my phone now. Had to open it in YouTube so I can surf/ post and listen at the same time. 😁

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Maybe I should have taken more art classes and less auto body and machine shop electives, because the point of that video is lost on me. The video and people seem to have no connection to the song other than they are just lip singing along and some are wearing Elton Johnish sun glasses. What am I missing here? The man is definitely one of the GOATs, but that video was a total let down given it had Elton's name on it.

buck35

Reaction score
Maybe I should have taken more art classes and less auto body and machine shop electives, because the point of that video is lost on me. The video and people seem to have no connection to the song other than they are just lip singing along and some are wearing Elton Johnish sun glasses. What am I missing here? The man is definitely one of the GOATs, but that video was a total let down given it had Elton's name on it.

Didn't really get the video either, but man that song takes me back to my first love.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I don't understand it, but I liked it. Used to crank Elton John with the 8 track in my Chevy Van. Brings back memories.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Great song from one of my first albums, Madman Across the Water.

This video for me is kind of, meh. I much prefer this one from Almost famous:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
That’s bad ass.
Very well shot video.
The video seems to infer that the daily grind and difficulty in all stations of life can be excused for a few minutes of hope and enjoyment, and what better way than to listen to tiny dancer!

The subjects are extremely contrasted, yet for a few minutes, extremely similar.

Technically, the song is about Maxine who was actually a “seamstress for the band”, and eventually Taupin’s first wife.
But leave it to Sir Elton to transform a simple topic into one of the most iconic songs of my generation!

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Thanks for the distraction and the Elton John song but the video doesn't help the tune. Seeing LA makes me :) :) :) I left

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I was never a follower of Elton John songs in the 70's, I listened to The Allman Brothers Band Ramblin' Man music, to this day I still listen to Allman Brothers.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I really like the video as quite a bit of it was shot in and around locations I’m very familiar with in the San Fernando Valley ...the pawnshop with a yellow sign is about a half mile up the street from me...in North Hollywood...Saticoy and Laurel Canyon...In the 50s and 60s that was L&M auto supply (our front motored fueler was faster than their front motored fueler)👍...
... Even though the video was well done I also have no clue as to what it has to do with the song???...

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
...I really like the video as quite a bit of it was shot in and around locations I’m very familiar with in the San Fernando Valley ...the pawnshop with a yellow sign is about a half mile up the street from me...in North Hollywood...Saticoy and Laurel Canyon...In the 50s and 60s that was L&M auto supply (our front motored fueler was faster than their front motored fueler)👍...
... Even though the video was well done I also have no clue as to what it has to do with the song???...

since when do music video's have to have anything to do with the song

SoCalDave

Reaction score
That’s bad ass.
Very well shot video.
The video seems to infer that the daily grind and difficulty in all stations of life can be excused for a few minutes of hope and enjoyment, and what better way than to listen to tiny dancer!

The subjects are extremely contrasted, yet for a few minutes, extremely similar.

Technically, the song is about Maxine who was actually a “seamstress for the band”, and eventually Taupin’s first wife.
But leave it to Sir Elton to transform a simple topic into one of the most iconic songs of my generation!
X2

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Grads version “ Hold me closer Tony Danza !

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Never much of a video person, but thanks for the song.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Attempt at distraction..... successfully attained
Best to all !
Listen again!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Grab your Sweetie and have a dance on ole Reg !

:)

Nice find. Never seen that before!

My take...

I like the vid. SO many different people, all marching to their own drummers, all listening (tied) to the same song. Marylin Manson with the snake is too cool.

Well done. 🙂