WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whips, Chains, Ropes & Anchors!

Riverhound

Reaction score
Jumped back into the boat game after taking a few years off and need to get back up to speed on the rope & anchor game. My last three boats were all equipped with Top Knot ropes, a Box Anchor, and a Sand Spike. Anything new and exciting out there I should be looking at or is it the same old fare?

What say the RDP brain trust?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hemp rope, a rock and a stick is the new enviro thing.
Good for you getting back out on the water.

Reactions: DWC

rrrr

Reaction score
Brush up on your nautical vocabulary. There are no ropes on boats, they're lines. The line fastened to your anchor is called an anchor rode.

Now go buy a blue blazer and a white Cap'n's hat and you'll be good to go.

Riley1

Reaction score
I’d never buy a Box Anchor again. That anchor fucked my boat up. Looking at buying an “Hourglass” anchor next.
shorespike still works well. But is made in China now. “SlideAnchor” is off of my buying list.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’d never buy a Box Anchor again. That anchor fucked my boat up. Looking at buying an “Hourglass” anchor next.
shorespike still works well. But is made in China now. “SlideAnchor” is off of my buying list.

How did you fuck your boat up with a box anchor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riley1

Reaction score
How did you fuck your boat up with a box anchor?

I had so much faith in my Box Anchor, until a storm came in while my boat was out at the Nautical. (Now I understand that storms hit the Nautical, and it’s not the Box anchors fault) but my box anchor failed me.
2 days later I was at the lower sandbar in Parker and I found the fault!
In 2’ of water, I watched my boat start floating away while seeing my box anchor being drug on its side across the sand bar. The design works until it doesn’t.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Anchor up. When I know there are strong currents like when anchoring at a peninsula site at Park Moabi, I use my large box anchor. In calm waters and day use I just use my medium box anchor. Haven’t had a problem for 15 years. Boats only 24’.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I have never used a better anchor than a box anchor and I’ve used many different anchors.

getreal

Reaction score
20200315_070644.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
Is it a case of the Indian, or the arrows? I love it when I’m tied up in north bay on arrowhead on the weekends, and you see a boat roll up to hang out, and someone on the bow drops the anchor over board straight down, untill it touches bottom, then ties off. No scope on the line. Then the wind pics up, and they blow into the crowd behind them, and repeat the process all over again. Better yet, when they have several boats tied together, with the same anchoring technique. I have never seen a better anchor than the box anchor, maybe I’m missing something?

Spot

Reaction score
Box anchors have always worked well for me but I carry two box anchors and typically use both when anchoring up.

CobraDave

Reaction score
I added some chain to my bow anchor. We
Will see how it does. My problem is I usually don’t let out enough line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
We Are Building these TriangleAnchor.com in Parker AZ. Comes in 5 Colors and 4 sizes. No Springs or Pins to mess with can just throw it in the water. Have questions call us (562) 674-0232.

Here is Video of how easy it is to use.

https://youtu.be/FcRmwvY-Ptw

View attachment 854899
I bought this anchor and sold two others...maybe three..I don't know..But I do know this. I tied five boats up to my boat at the sandbar in Havasu..including a 26' pontoon. It held all five. I won't be without it.

Riverhound

Reaction score
I bought this anchor and sold two others...maybe three..I don't know..But I do know this. I tied five boats up to my boat at the sandbar in Havasu..including a 26' pontoon. It held all five. I won't be without it.
Good to know... thanks for the feedback Lou!