WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whirlaway installation

farmo83

Reaction score
How hard would it be to install a whirlaway in an early 80's C500? If it matters the boat is turning 26 OD gears.

steveo143

Reaction score
How hard would it be to install a whirlaway in an early 80's C500? If it matters the boat is turning 26 OD gears.

VERY costly!!!!!!! The C-500 was not designed to be run with a whirlaway. It would take a custom built output shaft, spacer and in/out box or fulltime housing. You're gears are 25 OD not 26. If you need a prop release you would be better off using an Algon/Stellings type that replaces the coupler or going to a 12* split case with a whilaway. I am manufacturing a 'new' version of the Algon prop release. Call me if you have more questions.

Steve Peterson 714 579-7857

Hurricane68

Reaction score
VERY costly!!!!!!! The C-500 was not designed to be run with a whirlaway. It would take a custom built output shaft, spacer and in/out box or fulltime housing. You're gears are 25 OD not 26. If you need a prop release you would be better off using an Algon/Stellings type that replaces the coupler or going to a 12* split case with a whilaway. I am manufacturing a 'new' version of the Algon prop release. Call me if you have more questions.

Steve Peterson 714 579-7857
Steve
Any luck w older thoughbred v drives mine is 68 vintage w 1 " shaft has 4 bolt collar now with. Center support bearing between collar and. Through shaft at bushing Thanks Wild Bill Sparks Nv. PS will take pics of if needed soon don't have any on home setup

steveo143

Reaction score
Steve
Any luck w older thoughbred v drives mine is 68 vintage w 1 " shaft has 4 bolt collar now with. Center support bearing between collar and. Through shaft at bushing Thanks Wild Bill Sparks Nv. PS will take pics of if needed soon don't have any on home setup

It would cost just as much or more to do a Thoughbred. There is one in the back of my truck right now that I am replacing with a C-500 in my 65 Campbell redo. The Campbell has a T-400 in it. To get a prop release, you will be best off using a trans or the Algon type.

Hurricane68

Reaction score
Steve is your prop release suitable to install on my Thourghbred V drive interested in one this season, when best time to contac via phone I live in Sparks Nv. Thanks "WildBill"

steveo143

Reaction score
Steve is your prop release suitable to install on my Thourghbred V drive interested in one this season, when best time to contac via phone I live in Sparks Nv. Thanks "WildBill"

Mornings are best, 6 am or later!