WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

White Priveleged

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Allow me to predicate this is as not a personal call-out but having been quite/PC for awhile, please allow me the opportunity to vent big time for something that gets ripped out of proportion and chaps my hide. I refuse and cannot accept what has become a common cliche "White Privileged" phrase by the left wing/libtards to describe those that have not been impoverished/less fortunate in the midst of a healthy economy pre COVID and moral upbringing.

Just to set the record straight, I am not inviting endorsement likes or acknowledgement. While I have only been on here for a short period of time and have had the enjoyment of meeting and interacting with some quality people this may offend the exception; (snowflakes, democrats, left winged or those that didn't get their shit together and blame society for their current situation). With all the bias/slanted reporting we observe on the internet and TV media that doesn't typically get scrutinized or filtered I started to contemplate what might be obvious to some of the "Inmates" but not acknowledge by the Left, Media or the Masses. How is it that my predecessors (myself included) produced by blue collar/semi professionals (hair dresser and liquor distribution sales manager) some how amounts to the entitlement that I am "White Privileged".

For those of you that don't know me personally I come from lower middle class and left home at 19, paid my own way through junior college at Saddleback College in S OC, paid half my last 2 years of tuition which was $100K (company paid 50% but had to pay taxes on it as income) to attend Pepperdine Graziado School of Business University in the evening and on the weekends (on line was not available in the 90's) while working full time, majoring in Business Management. Even in the flow of life with comfortable incomes before kids it still took 10 years to pay off both our loans while making sacrifices like not owning a boat or traveling the world like our colleagues.

We chose to prioritize our needs before wants and made the disciplined decision to purchase real estate in lieu of toys and plane for the future. So help me understand that because my divorced, married several times, selfish parents raised an average (white) lower middle-class, self made OC boy is by chance "White Privileged" (which by the way I considered naming my current nameless boat) is somehow justification as to why you are in the current predicament, status or situation you are living in? As Kid Rock states "You Get What You Put In and People Get What They Deserve".

While my parents and predecessors made a few smart decisions, choices and worked their ass off which allowed them the opportunity to prosper from their humble beginnings, encourage your offspring to do the same and I am somehow condemned by the less fortunate (underprivileged/impoverished and poor) to be "White Privileged" because the color of our complexion can pretty much "Suck My Dick".

If you are on this board I believe you are decent down home, grounded individual with a passion for the things that can be perceived by jealous society as luxury material processions. However, the Media and Lurkers use it as justification for their current sub-standard/social status or situation need to conduct a serious self accountability/reality check of why you have amounted to your sub-standard situation.

So stop blaming society, your lame ass dead beat ancestors, my race or myself (a hungry individual or the well to do) for holding you down. Get off your ass , own and accept your reality! Self Made, rant over till the election propaganda starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Allow me to predicate this is as not a personal call-out but having been quite/PC for awhile, please allow me the opportunity to vent big time for something that gets ripped out of proportion and chaps my hide. I refuse and cannot accept what has become a common cliche "White Privileged" phrase by the right wing/libtards to describe those that have not been impoverished/less fortunate in the midst of a healthy economy pre COVID and moral upbringing. Just to set the record straight, I am not inviting endorsement likes or acknowledgement. While I have only been on here for a short period of time and have had the enjoyment of meeting and interacting with some quality people this may offend the exception; (snowflakes, democrats, left winged or those that didn't get their shit together and blame society for their current situation). With all the bias/slanted reporting we observe on the internet and TV media that doesn't typically get scrutinized or filtered I started to contemplate what might be obvious to some of the "Inmates" but not acknowledge by the Left, Media or the Masses. How is it that my predecessors (myself included) produced by blue collar/semi professionals (hair dresser and liquor distribution sales manager) some how amounts to the entitlement that I am "White Privileged". For those of you that don't know me personally I come from lower middle class and left home at 19, paid my own way through junior college at Saddleback College in S OC, paid half my last 2 years of tuition which was $100K (company paid 50% but had to pay taxes on it as income) to attend Pepperdine Graziado School of Business University in the evening and on the weekends (on line was not available in the 90's) while working full time, majoring in Business Management. Even in the flow of life with comfortable incomes before kids it still took 10 years to pay off both our loans while making sacrifices like not owning a boat or traveling the world like our colleagues. We chose to prioritize our needs before wants and made the disciplined decision to purchase real estate in lieu of toys and plane for the future. So help me understand that because my divorced, married several times, selfish parents raised an average (white) lower middle-class, self made OC boy is by chance "White Privileged" (which by the way I considered naming my current nameless boat) is somehow justification as to why you are in the current predicament, status or situation you are living in? As Kid Rock states "You Get What You Put In and People Get What They Deserve". While my parents and predecessors made a few smart decisions, choices and worked their ass off which allowed them the opportunity to prosper from their humble beginnings, encourage your offspring to do the same and I am somehow condemned by the less fortunate (underprivileged/impoverished and poor) to be "White Privileged" because the color of our complexion can pretty much "Suck My Dick". If you are on this board I believe you are decent down home, grounded individual with a passion for the things that can be perceived by jealous society as luxury material processions. However, the Media and Lurkers use it as justification for their current sub-standard/social status or situation need to conduct a serious self accountability/reality check of why you have amounted to your sub-standard situation. So stop blaming society, your lame ass dead beat ancestors, my race or myself (a hungry individual or the well to do) for holding you down. Get off your ass , own and accept your reality! Self Made, rant over till the election propaganda starts.

If you were "white privileged" your Mac computer would have a Return key or your PC would have an Enter key

LC925

Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that “white privilege” doesn’t exist and I’m Mexican 😝 You get what you work for!
61AC9A49-C055-4898-8ECB-08BB0DA36B68.jpeg

702sandman

Reaction score
When I hear people say white privileged. I think of someone from the hamptons or some high end place like that, that just killed someone and doesn’t get booked or gets away with it. Some one that has a good job and has worked for his or hers shit / toys is know to me as a hustler / go getter. In 1993 I started as a hvac helper making $5.50 a hour with no experience, no college just hard work. I now have owned my hvac company for 13 years and sell flip houses on the side for play money and there’s no privileged shit here..... now here’s my dilemma that I honestly need some opinions on. I have been a Democrat since I came of age because my dad has always told me the Democrats are for the working man lol. I own a shit ton of guns, go hunting, go boating , we race and love the outdoors, and I wouldn’t give up my rights or guns for NO ONE!! I don’t like some of the policy’s of the dems and I do like some of the policies of the republicans and would even vote for one if they fit my liking and beliefs. I honestly hug the line of a Democrat and a republican, so when people say liberals or green people does that mean me ?? I don’t get offended when people talk shit about dems because it is what it is life’s to short lol. I'm not huge on politics so maybe I’m just right in the middle and that’s ok with me. Don’t get offended by “white privileged“ it’s probably people that just don’t know what the EFF else to call you or are just jealous of what you have worked hard for 👍

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Havasu Surfer, You are a victim of reverse racial profiling and that’s Just not fair. You should file a complaint on attached form and tell Daddy to make the ”right wing/ libtards” stop stereo typing self made men like yourself, cause it’s mean and hurtful....:rolleyes:
D6BFA515-BD13-4083-814E-3B0C878D717A.jpeg

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
When I hear people say white privileged. I think of someone from the hamptons or some high end place like that, that just killed someone and doesn’t get booked or gets away with it. Some one that has a good job and has worked for his or hers shit / toys is know to me as a hustler / go getter. In 1993 I started as a hvac helper making $5.50 a hour with no experience, no college just hard work. I now have owned my hvac company for 13 years and sell flip houses on the side for play money and there’s no privileged shit here..... now here’s my dilemma that I honestly need some opinions on. I have been a Democrat since I came of age because my dad has always told me the Democrats are for the working man lol. I own a shit ton of guns, go hunting, go boating , we race and love the outdoors, and I wouldn’t give up my rights or guns for NO ONE!! I don’t like some of the policy’s of the dems and I do like some of the policies of the republicans and would even vote for one if they fit my liking and beliefs. I honestly hug the line of a Democrat and a republican, so when people say liberals or green people does that mean me ?? I don’t get offended when people talk shit about dems because it is what it is life’s to short lol. I'm not huge on politics so maybe I’m just right in the middle and that’s ok with me. Don’t get offended by “white privileged“ it’s probably people that just don’t know what the EFF else to call you or are just jealous of what you have worked hard for 👍
Now that’s some good rational “Independent” thinking Sandman. You’re are definitely an Indy and that’s a good thing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I am not big on "identity" politics.. Meaning just because I'm a "R" that I have to agree with every single thing the party line tows.. One of the key issues between D & R is abortion. I tend to think if people end up in a bad spot, and they know they aren't going to be able to take care of a kid and it's early on than more power to them..

That said I can't think of any of the major things the D's do that I agree with.. Putting illegals in front of their own citizens is mind blowing. Every week they do something that absolutely blows my mind and I can't help to think What the fuck has to be wrong with someone to even come up with that.. Let alone who the hell votes for these people?

Than I'll get some R's that say somethings that I'm like WTF as well? LOL. I'm about as "right as right" gets, but I don't go across the board as said above.

As far as white privilege, it's bullshit and it doesn't exist.. Anyone that thinks it does has their head up their ass IMO. You will have the D's talking about it and will basically describe how anytime a black man is stopped (which obviously has to be disproportionate to whites) the cops shoot first and ask questions later.. That is an example of white privilege. That isn't reality, if you look at the stats.. I mean if you truly look at them.

Here's some reality, you can take any black guy and he can walk through any white suburban neighborhood and other than maybe some strange looks if he doesn't belong that's about all that's gonna happen. You take any white guy and drop em off in South Central and I guarantee you that crackah is gonna be running for his life..

I don't even like the term reverse racism (note @highvoltagehands used it..) because it implies racism comes from whites to others, and when it is "reversed" it is others to white. At it's roots that's just dumb. It implies that racism comes from whites only.

Racism as a whole is defined by treating someone differently solely based on the color of their skin. It can go any direction anytime anywhere. I'm not sure how you'd reverse something like that.

At its heart though if you think about "groups" of people in general. Maybe it's your NFL team fans.. Well they think they are better than the other teams fans.. Every team in the NFL knows that the Raiders fans are straight ghetto.. I don't know anything about football. I know god damn well I wouldn't want to go to a "Raider Nation" party.. Is that racist? We don't even know who'd be there or whether they'd be white or black. I pretty much hate everything about San Francisco, but a 49'ers party? Sure why not.

Do you take pride in your country as an American? Do you feel you live in the best country on earth? Are you proud to be an American? Well the liberal left now calls that "Nationalism" and is trying to convince the general populace that it is basically "racism" but for countries. Don't believe me? Google nationalism and some of the major news networks to go with it. it will blow your mind.

It's fucking sad to be honest.. They don't want you to be proud of anything for any reason. By they I mean the on some level both the Left and the Right. It's one of the reasons I was do die hard on Trump is because he's the first one that says "Stand up be proud of who we are as Americans" via "MAGA".

To get to the point of the thread though and to address your comment of people from the Hamptons. Only guy I know of that straight got away with Murder was OJ Simpson.. LOL. What the F do you call that? Because that was "Black Privilege" all the way if I've ever seen it. I don't give a shit how rich a white guy is, he wouldn't have gotten off of that, and Johnny Cochran played those cards perfectly.

As far as "White privilege" it's an all encompassing term.. It relates to financial well being.. it relates to being treated better by LEO.. It relates to being more likely to be hired for a job.. It relates to whatever the person throwing the term at you decides it's going to relate too in that very moment. The whole thing is a crock of shit.

When you really get down to what's going on, it's being privileged for having a "family unit." (again go look at the stats and see what's wrong). If the father is in the household the stats go through the roof for potential for success and it is across all metrics of race.

Am I privileged for being white? I don't think so..

I think I'm privileged because I had 2 parents that cared. A mom that was/is a freakin saint, and a dad that was a genius with an inexhaustible work ethic both in business and in life.

Between the two they helped to shape me into who I am today, and they taught me things that I sometimes take for granted but quickly find out there's a lot of people in this world that don't know them. On the inverse of that though while I was learning some of those things, other people were learning their things and I find myself strangely lacking in some areas.

For example a lot of people were taught about $$ growing up. To take some % of their paycheck and save it for retirement. To take some % of their paycheck to save for taxes. To take some % and "invest" it into xyz.

I envy those people because I see them and they are setting up their future. I was never taught any of that, and I find myself trying to learn it "crash course" here for nothing else curiosities sake. I was taught other things that are polar opposite to that in a bizarre kind of osmosis way. (Which we can talk about, but it's gonna side track the thread)

I learned that you can create your own value if you have something that people want. Your value isn't determined by others, but rather by yourself. I also learned that if you are quick on your feet you can "create value" and not have it pre determined.

We live in a Society where people place value on people by completely abstract principles, and completely abstract theories.

Quick Story -

I met Stacy and she was working for a construction company as a dispatcher and they were paying her some absurd paycheck of like 15-17 bucks an hr.. (I can't remember what it was) She quit to move down to Carlsbad area and was in the midst of looking for a new job. The construction firm called her and said "We really need you back for 2 weeks". She was standing in my shop when they called and I told her "Tell them you want 20-22 (can't remember but it was 5+ an hr more) an hr to work those two weeks".

She was completely taken back by the situation thinking they'd say "F No." I told her if they don't give it to her I'd pay it to her, because I knew they'd say yes.. short term like that the $$ doesn't offset the inconvenience of trying to find someone that could do the job and know the ins and outs..

They called back and said "No problem".

Two weeks later when she went into her new job there was the one question that's on every application "What did your last position pay you?" What do ya think she got to write in that? Now they gotta go above it to make it worth her while right?

10+ dollar an hour raise in a period of less than 2 weeks..

We are getting pretty far off track of the "white privilege" conversation here so I'll get to he point, and the point of that story.

Same employer, same employee.. 2 sets of extenuating circumstances... 1 being supply and demand. 2 being someone that believes you determine your own worth.

- End Story.

Just a little disclaimer here Stacy has taken that ball and run with it further than I ever have. I learned that lesson via osmosis.. I taught her that lesson in a situation. Go try and tell her what she's worth to you, or what she is capable of here 15 years later.. Good luck with that.. LOL. Stacy's like oil.. You mix her with water and she always rises to the top. That's why I married her.

Back to the subject though..

I don't think anybody is any more privileged than anyone else. EVERYBODY WHETHER THEY KNOW IT OR NOT DETERMINES THEIR OWN VALUE IN THIS WORLD! To get even deeper with that, there's the age old saying "It takes 2 to tango." Most people when dealing with another person will let what that person does or doesn't do determine the outcome.

You will never be able to help if some asshole treats you someway because of the color of your skin. To me that is literally just stupidity. You judge a man by the measure of his character (and my own personal twist also the measure of his ambition).

To get to personal reflection though - The idea that some other person though no matter how they treat you is going to affect the outcome of the conversation? The outcome of the business situation? The outcome of your emotional state or your thought process?

That's putting an awful lot of power into other peoples hands.. When the you yourself are completely in charge of all of that.

Am I "privileged" because I was white? No I don't think so..

I am privileged because I grew up in a complete family unit, and the parents gave a shit.

I'm especially lucky because I was raised by a person(s) that took the time to talk to me when I was a kid, and fortunate enough that I met some amazing influences in my life as I grew older.

To all of them I thank them profusely for giving me a set of tools, and knowledge that I can work with in damn near any scenario.

I'm privileged because of some huge influences in my life :

My Mom : Donna Johnson
My Dad : Dwight Johnson
My Dads best friend : Ward Chamberiln
My Boss : Tom Bulger @TBulger
My Mentor : Brad Bulger
My Brother : Jon Johnson

and most importantly in my life
Myself : Dave Johnson

Sounds weird doesn't it?

But for those that feel "oppressed"... can I ask an honest question? Have you ever really given yourself a chance? I bet if you were honest the answer would come back "No."

Am I the most successful guy on the planet? Well no.. LOL. Because shit I know guys that are 100's of millionaires and I even know a couple that start with a "B"

But I read an interesting thing the other day about that. People always ask "How are you doing?" People never ask if "You are happy."

I'm doing alright in one, but I'm fucking killing it on the happy front.

F the idea that "white privilege" got me either success or happy, because it does a disservice to those that actually influenced my life.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Havasu Surfer, You are a victim of reverse racial profiling and that’s Just not fair. You should file a complaint on attached form and tell Daddy to make the ”right wing/ libtards” stop stereo typing self made men like yourself, cause it’s mean and hurtful....:rolleyes: View attachment 874010

Literally Dumb post.

Once you read it for what it is, it's fairly thought provoking.. Well at least to those of us that don't need to be patted on the shoulder and tell ourselves we are heroes for doing a job that we are compensated for.

We aren't in kinder care.. The gold star thing kinda went out with 1st grade.

RD

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I had a shit Dad and an ok Mom. They divorced when I was 1. The one thing they both showed me was if you work hard you can have a nice life.

Long story short, Got out of the Navy at 21 yr old. Went to work for General Dynamics and it was a union shop. Absolutely hated that I could not negotiate my own pay. Found a way to go salary and was much happier. This way I got to choose my worth and not have someone decide it for me.

One of the best parts of America is our freedom to make your own way. I do not care who you are. If you work hard you can make it in America. As I taught my son. If you are poor for a long period of time it is because you chose to stay poor.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a shit Dad and an ok Mom. They divorced when I was 1. The one thing they both showed me was if you work hard you can have a nice life.

Long story short, Got out of the Navy at 21 yr old. Went to work for General Dynamics and it was a union shop. Absolutely hated that I could not negotiate my own pay. Found a way to go salary and was much happier. This way I got to choose my worth and not have someone decide it for me.

One of the best parts of America is our freedom to make your own way. I do not care who you are. If you work hard you can make it in America. As I taught my son. If you are poor for a long period of time it is because you chose to stay poor.

Bingo...

We could go steps further with that.

Some people choose "to make money" and others "choose to create wealth".

I have always stuck in the first category, but I'm not blind to the second.

RD

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Allow me to predicate this is as not a personal call-out but having been quite/PC for awhile, please allow me the opportunity to vent big time for something that gets ripped out of proportion and chaps my hide. I refuse and cannot accept what has become a common cliche "White Privileged" phrase by the left wing/libtards to describe those that have not been impoverished/less fortunate in the midst of a healthy economy pre COVID and moral upbringing.

Just to set the record straight, I am not inviting endorsement likes or acknowledgement. While I have only been on here for a short period of time and have had the enjoyment of meeting and interacting with some quality people this may offend the exception; (snowflakes, democrats, left winged or those that didn't get their shit together and blame society for their current situation). With all the bias/slanted reporting we observe on the internet and TV media that doesn't typically get scrutinized or filtered I started to contemplate what might be obvious to some of the "Inmates" but not acknowledge by the Left, Media or the Masses. How is it that my predecessors (myself included) produced by blue collar/semi professionals (hair dresser and liquor distribution sales manager) some how amounts to the entitlement that I am "White Privileged".

For those of you that don't know me personally I come from lower middle class and left home at 19, paid my own way through junior college at Saddleback College in S OC, paid half my last 2 years of tuition which was $100K (company paid 50% but had to pay taxes on it as income) to attend Pepperdine Graziado School of Business University in the evening and on the weekends (on line was not available in the 90's) while working full time, majoring in Business Management. Even in the flow of life with comfortable incomes before kids it still took 10 years to pay off both our loans while making sacrifices like not owning a boat or traveling the world like our colleagues.

We chose to prioritize our needs before wants and made the disciplined decision to purchase real estate in lieu of toys and plane for the future. So help me understand that because my divorced, married several times, selfish parents raised an average (white) lower middle-class, self made OC boy is by chance "White Privileged" (which by the way I considered naming my current nameless boat) is somehow justification as to why you are in the current predicament, status or situation you are living in? As Kid Rock states "You Get What You Put In and People Get What They Deserve".

While my parents and predecessors made a few smart decisions, choices and worked their ass off which allowed them the opportunity to prosper from their humble beginnings, encourage your offspring to do the same and I am somehow condemned by the less fortunate (underprivileged/impoverished and poor) to be "White Privileged" because the color of our complexion can pretty much "Suck My Dick".

If you are on this board I believe you are decent down home, grounded individual with a passion for the things that can be perceived by jealous society as luxury material processions. However, the Media and Lurkers use it as justification for their current sub-standard/social status or situation need to conduct a serious self accountability/reality check of why you have amounted to your sub-standard situation.

So stop blaming society, your lame ass dead beat ancestors, my race or myself (a hungry individual or the well to do) for holding you down. Get off your ass , own and accept your reality! Self Made, rant over till the election propaganda starts.
well written. you get an "A".

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Do the boat name! It's been planned for a while but I just got the name on my Ultra about 2 weeks ago
20200425_202559.jpg

I'm a registered Independent, but repeatedly test as a Libertarian. I believe in survival of the fittest, you reap what you sew, and personal freedoms trump all else.

Also do unto others as you would have them do unto you. For some reason a lot of them dont like it. My only thought is that just means I have higher standards for myself and society as a whole, I guess?

I enjoyed your rant and all the long winded rant replies 😄

jet496

Reaction score
My son just Graduated as an undergraduate from Johns Hopkins University with a high GPA & got a 98% on his MCAT test, which is important for getting accepted into med schools, but yet only got invited to interview at 2 schools & luckily accepted at one of them.

But, his roommate at Hopkins, got shitty grades & low MCAT score was accepted at 20 schools because he played the race card. His parents were Mexican immigrants & he writes about their struggles in the mandatory interview essays, really plays on it. They even pay for most of his school.

It aint right.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
My son just Graduated as an undergraduate from Johns Hopkins University with a high GPA & got a 98% on his MCAT test, which is important for getting accepted into med schools, but yet only got invited to interview at 2 schools & luckily accepted at one of them.

But, his roommate at Hopkins, got shitty grades & low MCAT score was accepted at 20 schools because he played the race card. His parents were Mexican immigrants & he writes about their struggles in the mandatory interview essays, really plays on it. They even pay for most of his school.

It aint right.

I feel Sad for the Patient/Patients he will be attending to.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Fuck THEM!!!!

ALL of THEM!!!

THEM = WHITE, BROWN, BLACK, BLUE, RED!!!

WORK HARDER THEN ME!!!!

THIS 60 Y/O still work harder than 99 % of the fucken population!!!

GROW SOME BALLS!!! Quit whinning... you reap what you sow !!!

FUCKIN PEOPLE!!

Jesus....

Last edited:

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Privelege...No....Advantage...Yes, but only for the reasons RD stated: family structure/environment and the exposure to solid influences in their lives(mentors,etc.). The privilege is living in the U.S., where everyone is afforded the opportunities to control their own fate.

Taboma

Reaction score
Skin Colors aside --- I circular filed his employment app when I read "Havasu Surfer" 😖

HBCraig

Reaction score

It aint right.
Had that happen to me when I applied to grad school. I had a 3.9 GPA and my buddy, that is Hispanic got into the same school with a 3.1.
Worse scores on the GRE as well.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I am not big on "identity" politics.. Meaning just because I'm a "R" that I have to agree with every single thing the party line tows.. One of the key issues between D & R is abortion. I tend to think if people end up in a bad spot, and they know they aren't going to be able to take care of a kid and it's early on than more power to them..

That said I can't think of any of the major things the D's do that I agree with.. Putting illegals in front of their own citizens is mind blowing. Every week they do something that absolutely blows my mind and I can't help to think What the fuck has to be wrong with someone to even come up with that.. Let alone who the hell votes for these people?

Than I'll get some R's that say somethings that I'm like WTF as well? LOL. I'm about as "right as right" gets, but I don't go across the board as said above.

As far as white privilege, it's bullshit and it doesn't exist.. Anyone that thinks it does has their head up their ass IMO. You will have the D's talking about it and will basically describe how anytime a black man is stopped (which obviously has to be disproportionate to whites) the cops shoot first and ask questions later.. That is an example of white privilege. That isn't reality, if you look at the stats.. I mean if you truly look at them.

Here's some reality, you can take any black guy and he can walk through any white suburban neighborhood and other than maybe some strange looks if he doesn't belong that's about all that's gonna happen. You take any white guy and drop em off in South Central and I guarantee you that crackah is gonna be running for his life..

I don't even like the term reverse racism (note @highvoltagehands used it..) because it implies racism comes from whites to others, and when it is "reversed" it is others to white. At it's roots that's just dumb. It implies that racism comes from whites only.

Racism as a whole is defined by treating someone differently solely based on the color of their skin. It can go any direction anytime anywhere. I'm not sure how you'd reverse something like that.

At its heart though if you think about "groups" of people in general. Maybe it's your NFL team fans.. Well they think they are better than the other teams fans.. Every team in the NFL knows that the Raiders fans are straight ghetto.. I don't know anything about football. I know god damn well I wouldn't want to go to a "Raider Nation" party.. Is that racist? We don't even know who'd be there or whether they'd be white or black. I pretty much hate everything about San Francisco, but a 49'ers party? Sure why not.

Do you take pride in your country as an American? Do you feel you live in the best country on earth? Are you proud to be an American? Well the liberal left now calls that "Nationalism" and is trying to convince the general populace that it is basically "racism" but for countries. Don't believe me? Google nationalism and some of the major news networks to go with it. it will blow your mind.

It's fucking sad to be honest.. They don't want you to be proud of anything for any reason. By they I mean the on some level both the Left and the Right. It's one of the reasons I was do die hard on Trump is because he's the first one that says "Stand up be proud of who we are as Americans" via "MAGA".

To get to the point of the thread though and to address your comment of people from the Hamptons. Only guy I know of that straight got away with Murder was OJ Simpson.. LOL. What the F do you call that? Because that was "Black Privilege" all the way if I've ever seen it. I don't give a shit how rich a white guy is, he wouldn't have gotten off of that, and Johnny Cochran played those cards perfectly.

As far as "White privilege" it's an all encompassing term.. It relates to financial well being.. it relates to being treated better by LEO.. It relates to being more likely to be hired for a job.. It relates to whatever the person throwing the term at you decides it's going to relate too in that very moment. The whole thing is a crock of shit.

When you really get down to what's going on, it's being privileged for having a "family unit." (again go look at the stats and see what's wrong). If the father is in the household the stats go through the roof for potential for success and it is across all metrics of race.

Am I privileged for being white? I don't think so..

I think I'm privileged because I had 2 parents that cared. A mom that was/is a freakin saint, and a dad that was a genius with an inexhaustible work ethic both in business and in life.

Between the two they helped to shape me into who I am today, and they taught me things that I sometimes take for granted but quickly find out there's a lot of people in this world that don't know them. On the inverse of that though while I was learning some of those things, other people were learning their things and I find myself strangely lacking in some areas.

For example a lot of people were taught about $$ growing up. To take some % of their paycheck and save it for retirement. To take some % of their paycheck to save for taxes. To take some % and "invest" it into xyz.

I envy those people because I see them and they are setting up their future. I was never taught any of that, and I find myself trying to learn it "crash course" here for nothing else curiosities sake. I was taught other things that are polar opposite to that in a bizarre kind of osmosis way. (Which we can talk about, but it's gonna side track the thread)

I learned that you can create your own value if you have something that people want. Your value isn't determined by others, but rather by yourself. I also learned that if you are quick on your feet you can "create value" and not have it pre determined.

We live in a Society where people place value on people by completely abstract principles, and completely abstract theories.

Quick Story -

I met Stacy and she was working for a construction company as a dispatcher and they were paying her some absurd paycheck of like 15-17 bucks an hr.. (I can't remember what it was) She quit to move down to Carlsbad area and was in the midst of looking for a new job. The construction firm called her and said "We really need you back for 2 weeks". She was standing in my shop when they called and I told her "Tell them you want 20-22 (can't remember but it was 5+ an hr more) an hr to work those two weeks".

She was completely taken back by the situation thinking they'd say "F No." I told her if they don't give it to her I'd pay it to her, because I knew they'd say yes.. short term like that the $$ doesn't offset the inconvenience of trying to find someone that could do the job and know the ins and outs..

They called back and said "No problem".

Two weeks later when she went into her new job there was the one question that's on every application "What did your last position pay you?" What do ya think she got to write in that? Now they gotta go above it to make it worth her while right?

10+ dollar an hour raise in a period of less than 2 weeks..

We are getting pretty far off track of the "white privilege" conversation here so I'll get to he point, and the point of that story.

Same employer, same employee.. 2 sets of extenuating circumstances... 1 being supply and demand. 2 being someone that believes you determine your own worth.

- End Story.

Just a little disclaimer here Stacy has taken that ball and run with it further than I ever have. I learned that lesson via osmosis.. I taught her that lesson in a situation. Go try and tell her what she's worth to you, or what she is capable of here 15 years later.. Good luck with that.. LOL. Stacy's like oil.. You mix her with water and she always rises to the top. That's why I married her.

Back to the subject though..

I don't think anybody is any more privileged than anyone else. EVERYBODY WHETHER THEY KNOW IT OR NOT DETERMINES THEIR OWN VALUE IN THIS WORLD! To get even deeper with that, there's the age old saying "It takes 2 to tango." Most people when dealing with another person will let what that person does or doesn't do determine the outcome.

You will never be able to help if some asshole treats you someway because of the color of your skin. To me that is literally just stupidity. You judge a man by the measure of his character (and my own personal twist also the measure of his ambition).

To get to personal reflection though - The idea that some other person though no matter how they treat you is going to affect the outcome of the conversation? The outcome of the business situation? The outcome of your emotional state or your thought process?

That's putting an awful lot of power into other peoples hands.. When the you yourself are completely in charge of all of that.

Am I "privileged" because I was white? No I don't think so..

I am privileged because I grew up in a complete family unit, and the parents gave a shit.

I'm especially lucky because I was raised by a person(s) that took the time to talk to me when I was a kid, and fortunate enough that I met some amazing influences in my life as I grew older.

To all of them I thank them profusely for giving me a set of tools, and knowledge that I can work with in damn near any scenario.

I'm privileged because of some huge influences in my life :

My Mom : Donna Johnson
My Dad : Dwight Johnson
My Dads best friend : Ward Chamberiln
My Boss : Tom Bulger @TBulger
My Mentor : Brad Bulger
My Brother : Jon Johnson

and most importantly in my life
Myself : Dave Johnson

Sounds weird doesn't it?

But for those that feel "oppressed"... can I ask an honest question? Have you ever really given yourself a chance? I bet if you were honest the answer would come back "No."

Am I the most successful guy on the planet? Well no.. LOL. Because shit I know guys that are 100's of millionaires and I even know a couple that start with a "B"

But I read an interesting thing the other day about that. People always ask "How are you doing?" People never ask if "You are happy."

I'm doing alright in one, but I'm fucking killing it on the happy front.

F the idea that "white privilege" got me either success or happy, because it does a disservice to those that actually influenced my life.

RD

Why do you think it is ok to kill an innocent human if you "end up in a bad spot".....?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
White privilege is real, I can get a taxi at 3:00 am above 110th st on Manhattan island, try that shit if you're not white and let me know how that works out for you😂

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I never let anyone label me and won’t allow things like that to get to me. How someone can label you when they don’t know your background is beyond retarded.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
White Privilege.....Black Lives Matter. Interesting how you can take these (5) words & divide millions & millions of people based on ignorance with the intent to divide & manipulate. IMO, we are all being controlled or influenced by the media, to some degree, & the the media is owned & run by who or should I dare say, which party???

Get caught in the trees & you will never see the forest for what it is.....

702sandman

Reaction score
@RiverDave that is some great reading. i agree with you on a lot 👍
as far as this is concerned
“To get to the point of the thread though and to address your comment of people from the Hamptons. Only guy I know of that straight got away with Murder was OJ Simpson.. LOL. What the F do you call that? Because that was "Black Privilege" all the way if I've ever seen it. I don't give a shit how rich a white guy is, he wouldn't have gotten off of that, and Johnny Cochran played those cards perfectly.”
I agree 100% I would call that a Fawkin tragedy and huge miscarriage of justice !!
Thank you for chiming in, I look forward to meeting you this summer 🤘

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
White privilege is real, I can get a taxi at 3:00 am above 110th st on Manhattan island, try that shit if you're not white and let me know how that works out for you😂

Lol
Like a non white is gonna be above 110th at 3:00AM...in Manhattan.
That's just stupid.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
I grew up hearing the same "Democrate Party represents the working class" & I believed it. Fast forward 30 years......catchy slogan, maybe at one time, but I don't see any validity too it now. I see a lot of corruption, manipulation, & liberal policies I don't agree with from the Dem party.

I agree, life is short & don't be hating or be jealous of the the person who has made a lot of money, earn yours or don't. However, if I earn it, don't come taxing my ass & then giving to those that haven't done shit.

rrrr

Reaction score

It aint right.

That's a perfect example of how effed up life in the US is becoming. Graduating from Johns Hopkins with those credentials, medical schools should be tripping over each other to sign your kid up. Johns Hopkins is the best pre-med education in the US. Period.

nameisbond

Reaction score
We didn't have white privilege in Vancouver when I was a teenager. We didn't have any blacks in the 1980's. Had one black kid in my high school, he was adopted out of the states by a white family.

j21black

Reaction score

Interesting. Very Similar paths. My Dad wasn't necessary a shit dad, but was difficult and very hard working.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is this website dashboard affiliated with JHU? Asking for a friend.
49F61B3B-02A5-4C52-AFF7-EEB5E5FFDAE2.jpeg

j21black

Reaction score

I love Manhattan...

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
We didn't have white privilege in Vancouver when I was a teenager. We didn't have any blacks in the 1980's. Had one black kid in my high school, he was adopted out of the states by a white family.
My dad told me they had one black kid in town growing up in the 50’s, he was half black and everyone called him n____r Williams. Times were definitely different.