• Welcome to River Dave's Place

White Trailer to Black

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by shunter2005, Oct 27, 2019.

1. shunter2005

shunter2005 Well-Known Member

My Extreme Trailer is currently painted white and is due for a repaint. I am thinking about changing it to black. I'm tired of it always being dirty and over the years it has turned somewhat dingy than the original pure white. Just trying to decide if it would look good with my boat. I like the black, but it's hard to picture since the black isn't glossy. Here are a couple of pics of it as it is, in the white and some crappy Sharpie mods of the trailer in black.

Opinions and reasons why, please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. hallett21

hallett21 Well-Known Member

Leave it white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shunter2005 likes this.
  3. yz450mm

yz450mm Well-Known Member

White.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

shunter2005 likes this.
  4. jmeads

jmeads Well-Known Member

white

shunter2005 likes this.
  5. Riverfamlee

Riverfamlee Well-Known Member

This is interesting since I’ve been thinking about the same thing. I’m kinda tossed but leaning towards the white. Maybe try blacking out the wheels too and see if changes the overall look

shunter2005 likes this.
  6. mash on it

mash on it Beyond Hell Crew

Black is great.

For equipment trailers, and horse trailers.

Of the 3 boats I have, all 3 had black trailers, now they're white.

#whitetrailersmatter

Dan'l

Shrub Lurker and shunter2005 like this.
  7. Ballsdeep

Ballsdeep Well-Known Member

White

shunter2005 likes this.
  8. 02HoWaRd26

02HoWaRd26 Well-Known Member

Stay white Pat, you get tired of white looking dirty, well black shows twice the dirt.

#whiteprivilege

Shrub Lurker and shunter2005 like this.
  9. shunter2005

Personally, I am not a fan of black rims on a white vehicle or trailer. My daughter and SIL have a white '18 Tahoe with black rims and I think it dulls down the look of the vehicle. Yeah, I know....I should join the 21st century, but I am an old guy and I still like the shiny shit.

Don't get me wrong, I like the white trailer, but.... it shows every imperfection, like scratches, rust spots, etc. so bad. From 20 ft away, my trailer looks good, but when you get close, you see all the road rash and nicks in the paint. I was just thinking about a different look. Boat has both purple and black in the gel scheme. I surely don't want a purple trailer, so I was thinking black. I know that black is harder to keep clean and looks like shit when it's dirty or dusty.

10. BUDMAN

BUDMAN HAVASU BOUND

Leave it white. Change out the fenders to stainless and just give the trailer a classy clean up. It’s a Hallett. Keep it classy.

shunter2005 and hallett21 like this.
  11. brownsuger

brownsuger Active Member

I'm painting my trailer this winter and was thinking of black.... But after seeing this, I'll keep it white

12. shunter2005

Yes, I agree. The more I have thought about it the more I don't really like the black. Mine will stay white as well.

13. Scapegoat

Scapegoat Well-Known Member

Repaint the trailer to match the tow vehicle. That's how I prefer it. I personally don't like boats and trailers match in color, while the tow vehicle has a different color.

14. shunter2005

Well, thanks to all of you. As stated, I decided to keep the trailer white. I have a white truck and I still like the white. The paint on it is original and still looks good (from a distance) even though it's getting a bit long in the tooth. However, I am going to have it powder coated instead of painted.

Budman - Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about SS fenders two years ago before I had my old steel fenders powder coated. They still look like they were coated yesterday, but I really do like those SS fenders. So, I priced out the SS fenders and they are available for $355 each. Since I live in Texas, I found a shipping company that will pick up and deliver to me for less than $200. All in all, not a bad deal. I just have to drill the mounting holes and the fender board holes.