WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who’s got the Rona?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I’m curious how many people have coronavirus or know people that have Coronavirus?

I just got word my dad has it. He’s 61 and doesn’t have the best ticker. For the time being he’s at home but from what I’m hearing he’s pretty rough. My mom is 59, a hardcore alcoholic and a chain smoker. She doesn’t have it yet but it’s likely only a matter of time considering they live together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hope they pull through it Boozer.

A couple people I work with had it. They were sick for a few days, and got better.

4Waters

Reaction score
Shit Boozer sorry to hear. A couple of guys at work have it and my wife's uncle is on the mend.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Sorry to read that Boozer. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Nope and don’t know of anyone with it

RodnJen

Reaction score
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I’m curious how many people have coronavirus or know people that have Coronavirus?

I just got word my dad has it. He’s 61 and doesn’t have the best ticker. For the time being he’s at home but from what I’m hearing he’s pretty rough. My mom is 59, a hardcore alcoholic and a chain smoker. She doesn’t have it yet but it’s likely only a matter of time considering they live together.

Simple answer is we don’t know who has had it, or even who has it now.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Wish the best for your parents . Don't know anyone with it .

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that.

I am on day 9 of having a temperature up to 103.4 along with headache, body aches and feeling worn out. My breathing is ok but I’m just ready for this to be over.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that.

I am on day 9 of having a temperature up to 103.4 along with headache, body aches and feeling worn out. My breathing is ok but I’m just ready for this to be over.
You may want to get that checked out, might not be the rona, but it sounds like some kind of infection that’s around way too long

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that.

Wow. That’s a high fever. I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling shitty but glad to hear you haven’t had any respiratory issues. Get well soon.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
One close friend in our circle confirmed.

One friends father died, that I used to be close to.

Another friends grandmother has it, I don’t know her personally but I know their entire family.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
One close friend in our circle confirmed.

One friends father died, that I used to be close to.

Another friends grandmother has it, I don’t know her personally but I know their entire family.

Sorry for your loss. [emoji17]

LowRiver2

Reaction score
45 of my fellow Officers have it, one in ICU. I know five of them personally.
And Dave Werksman
If an improvised nuclear or biological WMD is set in So. Cal, Dave was one of less than 20 that knew how to render it safe. His loss weighs heavy on our community and what he had health wise, many here do as well.
235 of my fellow Officers in quarantine, all hoping they don’t end up like Dave.
Best of luck with your Dad.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
45 of my fellow Officers have it, one in ICU. I know five of them personally.
And Dave Werksman
If an improvised nuclear or biological WMD is set in So. Cal, Dave was one of less than 20 that knew how to render it safe. His loss weighs heavy on our community and what he had health wise, many here do as well.
235 of my fellow Officers in quarantine, all hoping they don’t end up like Dave.
Best of luck with your Dad.

I’m so sorry to hear about your colleagues. Everyone is talking about the medical workers but nobody mentions all the first responders getting sick.

Stay safe out there.

Taboma

Reaction score
Senior neighbor lady displayed all the CV symptoms (This was around two weeks ago) . Fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing etc. Teleconferenced with her doctor, then another at a local hospital.
They had her report to the hospital for a test, by the time she'd basically recovered the results came back, negative on Corona Virus. Was a type of flu, just not the CV19 strain.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
You may want to get that checked out, might not be the rona, but it sounds like some kind of infection that’s around way too long

Shortly after my post my breathing felt odd. Had my wife take me to the ER. They put me in a yellow tent out side the hospital with one nurse. She took my vitals and I described how I have been feeling for the past 9 days. Nurse tells me the doctors are not even on site. That they work from home and still get Harare pay. So we face time a PA and not even a doctor. She listens to my lungs with a digital stethoscope while the nurse moves it around. Says your lungs sound good and you look fine. We can prescribe a Z pack and an inhaler. And if you do have Covid there isn’t a treatment for it. But most likely you have influenza.

The nurse said since my fever does Hoover in the 101.x’s the majority of the time then most likely I do have it. The nurse was a sweetheart and I thanked her for putting herself in harms way daily and helping us all.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Senior neighbor lady displayed all the CV symptoms (This was around two weeks ago) . Fever, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing etc. Teleconferenced with her doctor, then another at a local hospital.
They had her report to the hospital for a test, by the time she'd basically recovered the results came back, negative on Corona Virus. Was a type of flu, just not the CV19 strain.

Probably flu A. I had it and it’s brutal.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m so sorry to hear about your colleagues. Everyone is talking about the medical workers but nobody mentions all the first responders getting sick.

Stay safe out there.

Thanks
I’m out of here
Too many individuals that don’t see the big picture of what we are up against. It changed my perspective on a lot of people and why I only hang with people that ring the bell for the greater good.
Most outside this circle won’t
Sad but a sign of the times

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Shortly after my post my breathing felt odd. Had my wife take me to the ER. They put me in a yellow tent out side the hospital with one nurse. She took my vitals and I described how I have been feeling for the past 9 days. Nurse tells me the doctors are not even on site. That they work from home and still get Harare pay. So we face time a PA and not even a doctor. She listens to my lungs with a digital stethoscope while the nurse moves it around. Says your lungs sound good and you look fine. We can prescribe a Z pack and an inhaler. And if you do have Covid there isn’t a treatment for it. But most likely you have influenza.

The nurse said since my fever does Hoover in the 101.x’s the majority of the time then most likely I do have it. The nurse was a sweetheart and I thanked her for putting herself in harms way daily and helping us all.
So they didn’t test for CV?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Thanks
I’m out of here
Too many individuals that don’t see the big picture of what we are up against. It changed my perspective on a lot of people and why I only hang with people that ring the bell for the greater good.

Consider the 100s of RDP members who lurk never post,but sure as hell appreciate your input.No doubt about your experience.THANKS

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks
I’m out of here

Like I said many just don't know what they don't know. I too am a bit disappointed in folks.
An old timer I really respected once told me, "There is no point in banging your head against the wall, no one will listen and it just gives you one hell of a headache". It took me awhile to figure that out, and I have lots of bumps on my head.
Cover your ass, brother.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanks
I’m out of here
Hang around, those of us that do know are listening.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Thanks
I’m out of here
Hope you stick around. Please don't judge all by the actions of a few. Alot of us know what you and those in your profession go thru. I watched my uncle work LAPD my entire childhood, retire, then take his life shortly after. And those were in the days before the video camera. I'm sure it's worse now with the you tube generation. These are trying times, I'd love to buy you dinner and drinks anytime even though I'm not in your circle. Stay safe.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Thanks
I’m out of here
LR

Prayers to you and your Brothers....

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

did you get the Z-pak??? I read that was the Best remedy currently available... w/ Zinc and Vit. C...

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
A friend of a friend has it, he's in his 50's and in good shape. He was in Italy. He's been in an induced coma for 4 weeks. Say some prayers for Gregg Garfield.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
A friend of a friend has it, he's in his 50's and in good shape. He was in Italy. He's been in an induced coma for 4 weeks. Say some prayers for Gregg Garfield.

Oh man. Sorry about your friend. I hope he pulls through.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Hope everyone stays healthy just respect the virus and other people we are all in it stay safe and smart

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
did you get the Z-pak??? I read that was the Best remedy currently available... w/ Zinc and Vit. C...

I did get the Z-Pak today and I have been taking vitamin for close to a week.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Dan we will add him to our Prayers
Paul....thinking of you and your wife the baby she carries, you too will be in those prayers.
Take care of her, and yourself, OK?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Dan we will add him to our Prayers
Paul....thinking of you and your wife the baby she carries, you too will be in those prayers.
Take care of her, and yourself, OK?

Awe man. Thank you. We are good. Just keeping our distance and trying to keep her healthy to the end.

C-2

Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to read this. Wishing him the best, hopefully it's a mild case.

My brother and niece in Havasu have it. Both are doing okay, it started last Sunday and they are already on the road to recovery. The deal is, my SIL and my niece's boyfriend do not have it, at least not yet. As of last Sunday, Havi had the ability to administer 3 (yes, three) tests per day. Eyeopener, for sure.

Our friend was married to the same copper that LR mentioned, who died in Corona.

People compare it to the flu, but in my 53 years, I've known 1 person who died from the flu. Three weeks into this and it's already hitting close to home.

Fingers crossed for everybody.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Friend of the family passed away from it on Tuesday at 80. Great man and great Pastor.

• Sad
Reactions: C-2