WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who changes their own DMax fuel filters?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Rockauto sells the Acdelco flters which are made by Racor.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Rockauto sells the Acdelco flters which are made by Racor.

Word is the AC Delco Duramax fuel filters are no longer made by Racor.
Now made by a Chinese company goes the tale.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Word is the AC Delco Duramax fuel filters are no longer made by Racor.
Now made by a Chinese company goes the tale.

The 3018 is the new number I think? I have heard the same but had one in hand that looked identical to the 3012.

Mad Jack Racing stocks Racor, Cat, and Donaldson filters.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Not all fuel filters are the same. Smallest Micron number the better.

I use a Baldwin in my Dodge and they have a true 5 micron which is better for the Bosch Injectors.

Pulling the fender sucks as those push pull pins will drive you nuts. They do make a tool for those that will make things easier.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
After first filter change i did many years ago i dropped that factory filter and bought a CAT 1R-0750 filter head adapter kit.
Easily available, Cheap, Good Filtration at 2 Micron, and have put over 200k miles since the conversion. changed filter almost every 10 to 15k miles, Bought a case of filters from CAT at a discounted price.

https://www.alligatorperformance.com/performance/fuel-system-injectors-pumps/filtration-systems/deviant-70200-cat-filter-adapter-01-16-gm-6-6l-duramax

Along with a filter door that goes on the fender

http://performancetruckproducts.com/0107door-ptp-fuel-filter-access-door-01-07-duramax so i never had to remove the whole fender again

Also My water sensor plug on the bottom of the factory filter was already broken anyways.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I never pull the liner. Just reach up and remove it. I unclip the wif sensor first. Having an actual wif wrench is nice also.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
change my own got the filter wrench and the good filters from the dura max store online:thumbsup

kevnmcd

Reaction score
Piece of cake. Just unplug the sensor on the bottom, unscrew and pull it out through the top. Swap out the sensor in the bottom and reverse to put the new one in. Done deal.

minijeep

Reaction score
Stock filters are a P.O.S.! They are a 7 micron combined filer( fuel filter and water separator. Bought the cat adaptor from sinister diesel and run the car 1R-075 which is a 2 micron filter. I also run a pure flow lift pump/filter system with another 2micron and a dedicated water separator filter. I replace all of them every oil change and they cost about the same as the POS Acdelco junk

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Micron Rating is only 1/2 of the filter. Beta Rating is the other part. Beta rating determines how many of that particular size micron passes through the filter. Baldwin Baby! They will always have a better beta rating than anything else!:thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Stock filters are a P.O.S.! They are a 7 micron combined filer( fuel filter and water separator. Bought the cat adaptor from sinister diesel and run the car 1R-075 which is a 2 micron filter. I also run a pure flow lift pump/filter system with another 2micron and a dedicated water separator filter. I replace all of them every oil change and they cost about the same as the POS Acdelco junk

Super important. This is how you get 250k miles or more out of injectors.