WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a Howard 288 Sport Deck???

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I am in need of a faster boat than I have......

The Magic deck boat is great, but I want to go faster when the kids are on the beach. I am taking a hard look at the 288 Sport Deck with Merc 600.

Would love to here what the RDP mind trust has to say about this boat.

Thanks!

Devious Chris

BUSTI

Reaction score
Have you read Dave' write up in his boating review section. Thing is pretty awesome.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Yep, relaxalot has a 288 with a 600. The are several other inmates with 288s, I just can't remember their screen names. Post this thread in the lounge to get more replies. Btw, I'm assuming you have seen the 28SCS walkthrough with the 600 listed at Horizon?

Where is this 28 SCS listed? Horizon?

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
The SCS is a beautiful boat, but with the 3 smaller children the 288 Sport Deck is the boat for us.

the510

Reaction score
In the original sketch HOWARD put out there were two drawings of the 288. One with a windshield, and one without. Have they built one with it yet? I think with the lines of the 288 it would look really nice with the windshield.

Scott E

Reaction score
Yep, relaxalot has a 288 with a 600. The are several other inmates with 288s, I just can't remember their screen names. Post this thread in the lounge to get more replies. Btw, I'm assuming you have seen the 28SCS walkthrough with the 600 listed at Horizon?

Unless Dan has upgraded he has an original Sportdeck.

In the original sketch HOWARD put out there were two drawings of the 288. One with a windshield, and one without. Have they built one with it yet? I think with the lines of the 288 it would look really nice with the windshield.

I don't think they have yet. If so, I'll get pics of it. Something to remember that the windshield for the SCS and the 288 are the same so that will give you an idea of what it will look like.

the510

Reaction score
Thank you. I think it will look a little different than the SCS because of the slope at the stern and bigger swimstep. Just curious.

relaxalot

Reaction score
Unless Dan has upgraded he has an original Sportdeck.

I don't think they have yet. If so, I'll get pics of it. Something to remember that the windshield for the SCS and the 288 are the same so that will give you an idea of what it will look like.

My boat is an original sportdeck 2007.. an old tub! My bud is currently building a 288 that will be the first with a windshield.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I have a 288 on order, with a 565 should do 84mph, with the 600 should do 90mph. I haven't decided on the power package yet, but leaning towards the 565. The price is near $200k with the 600. Howard is currently building the first 288 with a windshield, it was out of the mold when I was there 2 weeks ago.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
I am stoked to see the first with the windshield.....

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
I have seen the Vessel View 7 in a couple of these boats. Does anyone have any feedback on going that route instead of full gauges??

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Logged about 9 hours with our new 288 Sportdeck running with a 600SCI and spinning a Maximus 28 five blade. Boat planes out pretty quick with minimal bow rise (never loose sight of horizon), runs really strong and responsive through the mid range. Now that we have broken it in I will be pushing to see what the top end gets but expecting mid to high eighties with half tanks gear and a few passengers. I have been told 90 is achievable under ideal conditions; 1 passenger and tanks at or below 1/4 full. I'm not concerned about the number on top since I am still building seat time and spend most of my driving time in the 60-70 mph range with 4-8 passengers. As far as handling and maneuvering this thing feels like it is on rails and has not disappointed. Hope this helps in your decision. Good boating!