WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a job that will continue even if we go on lockdown?

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Wife is a registered nurse, 10 years experience in respiratory ICU at cedars siani. Pretty sure she will be in high demand soon.

Im just a dirty construction worker. If I haven't died yet from the nasty andy gumps at work I ain't scared of ebola.... errr I mean covid

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
LEOs, fire, hospital, utilities?

City power plant worker here. I wouldn’t think they would shut us down, but if they do, we have bigger issues than coronavirus going on.
I am a contractor in new home construction and run a manufacturing facility, which is not nearly as important as as first responders or anyone else tou mentioned, and we will probably not shut down. Housing is still needed.

Singleton

Reaction score
Still working.
we just moved all employees to remote this evening, unless you are required to keep the lights on

i Have 3 weeks of software demos, companies are still moving forward for now

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’m in IT sales. I work from home or with clients most of the time anyway. I’ll probably be working primarily from home. Had a client visit, and lunch with a manufacturer partner tomorrow in Pasadena, that is getting pushed. Some of my clients have been instructed to work from home. I have not had any impact yet but it is too soon to tell.

Singleton

Reaction score
We received the 'work remotely' email on Friday. I will be here at the home office for the next few days. Had to clean up a bit, so when we Skype, it does not look like I live in a barn :rolleyes:

Working from home since 2014
all meetings require video feed effective March 16. I usually work out in the morning then work.
shower after lunch
my morning routine just got F’d, or I will wear a hat for internal meetings.
guess the polo gets pulled out for customer meetings now

Rayson1971

Reaction score
We're doing electrical on a brand new fire station in Santa Monica. We'll be working till they pull us off.

rrrr

Reaction score
My paychecks are coming from my 401K and the US government. Both of those sources appear to be immune (I had to say it) from financial upheaval.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Wife and I both work in a hospital, I’m an RN, she’s an RT. Business as (pretty much) usual for us. Have always worked opposite schedules to account for child care so we’re good there. If anything, it’s OT. Wife just finished 2 13 day shifts of 12’s while they are offering bonus incentives for extra shifts.

C-2

Reaction score
I work in non-sworn law enforcement for the State and a couple of hours ago I went and picked up all my files so I can work remotely when they announce it. At least, I'm thinking he will.

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Yep
‘heading to the shit show in the morning.
gonna get worse before it gets better

F6AE7DCA-0A64-4B63-A2BC-B28C910A328D.jpeg

Blubyu

Reaction score
Even as LEO we’re getting restricted on our contract with the public and what our responses will be for calls for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wallnutz

Reaction score
Made a list of materials to keep us working for three weeks. I will be calling the builders we have signed PO’s on to make sure they are willing to move forward with material advances. Once I get the green light I will order. Most of the job sites we are on we are the only subs working. My concern is the supply houses closing.

DWC

Reaction score
Wife and I both work in a hospital, I’m an RN, she’s an RT. Business as (pretty much) usual for us. Have always worked opposite schedules to account for child care so we’re good there. If anything, it’s OT. Wife just finished 2 13 day shifts of 12’s while they are offering bonus incentives for extra shifts.
Hope it doesn’t get too crazy for the 2 of you.

DWC

Reaction score
All travel has been cancelled. Not a brutal thing. My boss was supposed to fly in and give my review tomorrow. I don’t like to tear up in front of him.
Working from home for the most part over the coming weeks.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
3PL for kroger, trade joes, sprouts,Starbucks. It’s going to get ugly for us

Reactions: DWC

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Bean counter and working from home for the next 2 weeks. Life goes on.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
As of now I’m considered an essential employee so I am still working. I’m not sure if I I like that or not [emoji33][emoji12]. But will be there on time as always.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Hope it doesn’t get too crazy for the 2 of you.
We will manage. One of the reasons we chose our respective professions. Job security. We will keep on keeping on. We are used to the chaos, this is our busy time of year, the snowbirds keep us full. As a supervisor, I expect some staffing issues but we stay open no matter what. 90% ventilator patients in our unit so we will be packed regardless. Thanks for the concern.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Office and shop still working for right now. Will be shutting down 1 project this week in Michigan to send the crew home as they are pretty worried and want to be with fam for a little bit. Will see how the customer reacts to the conversation tomorrow am.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Worst case, I hope I can use my badge as an excuse to escape the quarantine, lol, I have no set schedule. Worst case is we get exposed (officially, we already have been indirectly, the hospitals are out of PPE) and we have to stay at home for 2 weeks. We have the leave so getting paid is not an issue. Luckily, this is spring break week for my son so we’re both off. We will see how this pans out. Looks like he’s off through the end of month, which is fine with me, looks like I get to sleep in. If things progress and we have to quarantine multiple staff members things will get ugly fast. Strict visiting hours and requirements going into effect tomorrow should help. A couple of presumed positive pts in ICU but no outbreak yet.

Reactions: DWC

rickym20

Reaction score
50 50 chance right now we shut down. Will know by 9am tomorrow! Its gonna hurt in a big big way

Just Found out 2 of the construction sites we have in LA area have been shut down. One is at a theme park that already made news for shutting down theme park itself and another is a fair size project. Hopefully not a trend .....

PlanB

Reaction score
I'm retired and wife works for the state. She is working remotely from home for the time being.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Big Corp. company's shut down . This will shut down the small guys from no orders coming in .
Monday will tell a update story on what’s happening

Brobee

Reaction score
Lineman here. I don’t know what their plan is, but it’s been business as usual so far. I can’t see shutting down but maybe a change in schedule. So far all that’s changed is we aren’t allowed to have our morning meetings together. They limit the number of us together at one time, but then we’re all working together and hang out together anyways so I don’t understand what it’s accomplishing.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've lost all my work, studios have shut down. I was booked solid until May, now nothing. In fact, my next job scheduled is the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo leaving July 12th. NBC sent me an email saying that they are watching the situation closely but plan to be in Tokyo. We'll see. I guess I'll work on my house and live off of my savings.