WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a job that will continue even if we go on lockdown?

mbrown2

Reaction score
Big healthcare company....CEO was with Trump last week...He told everyone on Friday this is the time the public is counting on us to be there for them for providing care, RX's, coverage, support ect... He basically told us unless you are infected or high risk please continue to go to work and practice cleanliness and social distance. They will also pay for folks if they have to take time off....meaning you don't have to use sick or vacation.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Poolman for 32 years. 99% of my customers are retired and communicate by email, phone and mail.
I survived three recessions, one divorce and full-time single parenthood.
I'll survive this bullshit too and run the fuck out of my Hallett270 all summer long this year.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I've lost all my work, studios have shut down. I was booked solid until May, now nothing. In fact, my next job scheduled is the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo leaving July 12th. NBC sent me an email saying that they are watching the situation closely but plan to be in Tokyo. We'll see. I guess I'll work on my house and live off of my savings.

I’m so sorry. Almost all shoots have been shut down. Have you heard anything from your local / IATSE as far as being paid for at least a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Times Like These

Reaction score
My wife is the chief Human Resources officer for Ucla health. She’s been working pretty much 24/7
The last 2 weeks. Definitely wouldn’t want her job during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
If a true recession hits, the answer is no one.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Wife is an RN and I’m a HVAC contractor. We are considering going remote. Downside for me is wife is immune compromised so we will have to make some decisions shortly as to what we will be doing. She can’t get infected.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Oil refinery. Still working.
Yep.... boss said "are you sick?" Before I could even answer... "see your ass at 6am"

Refineries will run 24/7 - 365. Well 366 this year

I had just came into the refinery in 07, I'll admit I was young but if I didnt turn on the TV or read the internet to see the outside world crumbling you woulda never known 2008 was happening.... I can expect the same again.

Cmmmoonnnnn summer time!!

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Ohh yeah, and we already had 1 confirmed case of covid-19

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Wife is an RN and I’m a HVAC contractor. We are considering going remote. Downside for me is wife is immune compromised so we will have to make some decisions shortly as to what we will be doing. She can’t get infected.
RN and has a compromised immune system? Damn, how does that work in normal times?... bad stuff in hospitals all the time.

Reactions: DWC

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Major layoffs COULD be coming tomorrow (Monday)California small businesses. Many employers will be thinking get it done before Senate votes and Trump signs.Trump will have alotta positive news for small business this week. Everybody calm down

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If a true recession hits, the answer is no one.
Nope. The shit you say some times. I'm a Fire Captain and my wife works for one of the two AZ power companies. We both work no matter what. She's working from home right now as mandated by the company and I'm going to hit the OT hard for the next few months. Some of us actually try to make a bad situation into a positive and move forward with life.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I've lost all my work, studios have shut down. I was booked solid until May, now nothing. In fact, my next job scheduled is the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo leaving July 12th. NBC sent me an email saying that they are watching the situation closely but plan to be in Tokyo. We'll see. I guess I'll work on my house and live off of my savings.

I hit the like button only in support.Seems you have always stepped up.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Nope. The shit you say some times. I'm a Fire Captain and my wife works for one of the two AZ power companies. We both work no matter what. She's working from home right now as mandated by the company and I'm going to hit the OT hard for the next few months. Some of us actually try to make a bad situation into a positive and move forward with life.
:rolleyes: Wait for it.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wife and I are both paramedics, she is still out from childbirth but Im still on the grind. I wont be seeing much of my family in the next few as our call volume is starting to really take off

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Show I'm on shut down friday on a week to week basis . This show was to shoot till June 20th . Good news is producer's said they are still planning on finishing the season once this blows over , and will pay the whole crew 40hrs for the first week off at least . Paramount was pretty much a ghost town when I left Friday .

boatnam2

Reaction score
31 or so years ago I started working in a refinery, the talk then was then the world would be out of oil within 5 years and electric cars will have taken over. Also that all California oil refineries would soon be a thing of the past with every increasing emission laws. The corona crud is trying but I think the big machine rolls on.

Last edited:

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Power Lineman. Situation doesn’t matter, where or when, rain or shine, hot or cold, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, fire, flood, ice storm or pandemic. Union Linemen will be working 24/7/366 to keep the lights on.* *except maybe when PG&E calls BS PSPS! Sorry. Argh!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
HVAC project manager...... So far still business as usual. Would not be surprised though if a couple few of my job sites get shut down this week though. Tucson has put in some pretty strict limits.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Business as usual and actually picking up a bit. Medical air pumps, vacuum pumps, and med gas manifolds need to keep running and are getting more usage for most hospitals. 24/7 365 emergency service calls if needed.

boatpi

Reaction score
Aluminum patio cover contractors are already swamped in Vegas, ill be at the office at 6:45 getting orders ready for pick up.

77hallett

Reaction score
Stationed at Nellis and we are restricted to Clark County. All leave cancelled, TDY personnel sent back to their bases, and mission essential personnel only to their workplaces. They also restricted the base to active duty, dependents, and mission essential contractors only. However, being Search and Rescue on C-130’s we have the plane locked and cocked to launch.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Mechanic at a nuke plant in MI....still working..gotta keep the lights on even for the hippies that hate us hahaha...there was talk of keeping us onsite if this crap were to break out in our area...that would be fine as we would be paid 24/7 if we are onsite lol

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well, I’m getting double fucked.
Oil prices in the shitter and Coronavirus has everything on hold.
Haven’t worked in 6 weeks, and likely won’t work for another 6 weeks.
Thank God no one is depending on me except me.
I’ve binge watched the entire seasons of The Wire and Breaking Bad so far...
I had 3 solid proposals and 1 “for sure” extended job in Utah 3 weeks ago...was doing the math to see which to accept.
Now they are ALL on hold indefinitely, and I don’t see any light at the end for at least 4-6 more weeks depending on how this insanity plays out.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We won’t stop as soon as I’m healed I’m back and the 2 superintendents watching my site will go start there’s , hell we need 10 travel supers now

HCP3

Reaction score
Stationed at Nellis and we are restricted to Clark County. All leave cancelled, TDY personnel sent back to their bases, and mission essential personnel only to their workplaces. They also restricted the base to active duty, dependents, and mission essential contractors only. However, being Search and Rescue on C-130’s we have the plane locked and cocked to launch.

Interesting. Isn't Red Flag 20-2 going on? How are they handling that?

77hallett

Reaction score
Interesting. Isn't Red Flag 20-2 going on? How are they handling that?
As of now no flying. Not sure what their plan is for all the foreigners. Hopefully send them home.

wet hull

Reaction score
So far we are sill going with no change. I had a residential remodel cancel. They backed out of escrow after getting spooked. We have another decent remodel starting Monday. Told my guys we will go 100% in house on this one to keep their hours. I typically sub 90% of my work out. I have a couple others projects that are pending permits, those may be delayed.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yep I’m just waiting for department to go to 12 hour shifts with no days off.
Wife is nurse exec. who is dealing with this 24/7 from home and office as response changes daily for her field.
Good thing is I’ll be B shift 1800-0600 so I’ll be around with kids in daytime.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
We manufacture food containers/lids for mainly the deli/spread industry. This is our slow time of the year but a couple of our biggest customers are telling us they may increase their production which in turn may force us from a 5/24 to 7/24 schedule. Let's see how this week pans out...

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pretty much always work from home, but now I don't have to go in for meetings, thank God. Lol

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk