WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a job that will continue even if we go on lockdown?

j21black

Reaction score
I could leave and go work from home right now and not miss a beat. I've considered it, but it doesn't sit a good example for the ones who need to be here, so I'm here until instructed otherwise from the rung above me on the ladder.

I don't like the idea of a forced shutdown, but man I could get some projects done around the ranch that I've been putting of.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Guess I'm not that essential after all. LOL.
Just got told to head back home and we will take it day to day.
All good, I'll just get a lot of the little projects finished up.
I worry for my wife though. It's gonna drive her Fn crazy if I'm home for to long:oops:😁

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My wife is technically classified as a county emergency resource, so they could re-task her if needed. Even if they dont, she is working now and has to make visits to homes.
I'm in construction, we are still open with added precautions. I could see large jobsites being shut down shortly, some have over 500 men on them. That would be some major shit.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
We're tearing up a street in front of a whole foods, it's ugly, people are definitely pissed. LOL

Of all the places to have to work around right now! 🤣

Probably less traffic than normal in other areas.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
My family is in commercial construction (concrete contractor) we have about 25 employees. So far no job has been canceled and we are working as usual. Hopefully the concrete plants don't shut down because that would put us out of work. Just need the rain to stop so we can get on the jobs. Wife is an RN, she worked this weekend. Her hospital is no crazier than usual and there is no sense of panic there. She has two more shifts this week so we will see how it goes

W.O.T

Reaction score
My dept just ordered all vacation days canceled for the next 60 days. I will be working and missing my planned vacay unfortunately.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
We work both from home for our inspections and web work but will have to go to the shop and "carry on" because of my age I have decided a disguise may be necessary to drive that gruling 3 miles to my business , wondering if this my get me past LEO
gilly.jpg

RaceTec

Reaction score
They will have to post a cop out in front of my door 24 hours a day before I quit going in to work! I have too many employees that I am responsible for, we are taking all of the needed precautions here at the shop and if anyone wants to call in sick they can no issue. We have a ton of work that I need to get out the door... All of my guys are here cranking! Only thing that might hurt us is if they shut down UPS and FedEx?

cofooter

Reaction score
I can work remote and we went from discretionary to mandatory today. Our supply chain is impacted so we're scrambling and getting yelled at from customers that wonder why we can't push the Chinese factories harder. They have no clue. Its a surreal time......................

Roaddawg

Reaction score
I'm still going in and our Department really hasn't restricted us much. Had a .30 deuce tell us he had the virus the other night while taking the breath test so it could get interesting

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Like many others I work from home but this thing is affecting almost every aspect of the US' and global economy. The financial impact is and will continue to be significant even for those who "have jobs while we're on lockdown"

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am the Salesforce Administrator for an industrial automation software company. Refineries, food processing plants, power plants, pipelines, shipbuilding, you name it. My team is based out of the UK so I work from home a couple days a week as the Lake Forest office is just the assigned office for me. I am working from home all week now, luckily its no change for me, same robust tech set up in my home office as at work. Our business will be impacted just as any other global company as our sales guys aren't travelling at much, but the majority of our business comes from renewals of software business of companies that are not shutting down. The impact will be not as much growth as we want, but I am optimistic that there won't be nearly the same effect most are suffering with.

C-2

Reaction score
Just got the memo, suspend all field calls for March and April and work from home until further notice. (State of CA, DCA) Woo Hoo, time to catch up on all my work! Sweet...

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
My team is still running full steam, we’re just doing it remotely. We do software sales and renewals for automation software. We’re hoping to keep our forecast for the remainder of this quarter but expect to lower next quarter.

On the plus side the majority of our clients are consumer goods manufacturers (bottling plants, bakeries, etc) and municipalities (water, gas and electric). Last I checked the bakeries were still baking bread, the bottlers were still producing water and coke and people still need running water and power in their homes so I think our hit will be temporary and we’ll make up whatever we miss in the following quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The funny thing is that all our administration personnel are "working from home" because the are considered non essential for day to day operations. So if they are non essential why do they make so much more than those of us that are crucial to the operation of the plant?

just_floatin

Reaction score
Me yes. IT - Been working from home for 15 years. Wife No. Hair dresser so she will be moving into my space soon. :eek:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We were told at 11am to work from home until further notice.

I get in at 6 and the email came about 8. Why didn’t they let me know last night I could slept in. Lol. Is what it is I guess. I already got a couple things done. I better slow down or work myself out work. Wait. House projects never end, do they.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Wish i did.. I just got the notice the military is shutting down all relocation til may 12th.. And me being a mover that does 98% military...means im FUKT!! 2 months with no income ahead of me.. 😕

Sherpa

Reaction score
Nobody wants the Internet to stop right?
Therefore were still working..

Sherpa

ltbaney1

Reaction score
got told today im "essential" and need to be in the office this week, but to limit customer visits as needed. next week ill rotate to the home office and the other guy in my position will come in to keep the warehouse moving and provide customer support

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
I've lost all my work, studios have shut down. I was booked solid until May, now nothing. In fact, my next job scheduled is the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo leaving July 12th. NBC sent me an email saying that they are watching the situation closely but plan to be in Tokyo. We'll see. I guess I'll work on my house and live off of my savings.

Same here... Was booked solid until May as well, Coachella/Stagecoach was a killer for me. 14 shows pulled off the wall on Friday. 20 cameras on the Olympics IF it goes forward but they are saying gonna use local guys now. Lots of boat time now... LOL

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Auto Repair, so I am exempt so far....I'll be at work through this whole deal, as I am 2 weeks in advance, and no one wants to miss their appointments.... 😁

Other than seeing absolutely retarded behavior at the supermarket, everything is rolling along as usual with me. They break em, I fix em, get paid.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Same here... Was booked solid until May as well, Coachella/Stagecoach was a killer for me. 14 shows pulled off the wall on Friday. 20 cameras on the Olympics IF it goes forward but they are saying gonna use local guys now. Lots of boat time now... LOL

Pretty crazy, Rich.. If I were a betting man, I'll see you in Tokyo... :)

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Was just told, work from home on even days. In the office odd days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cancers not an elective illness so the RN wife is working extra hours.
I'm retired and the DD checks have been clearing the bank fine.

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
Water district, fleet mechanic , busy supporting vehicles and equipment.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
100% of my shows shut down today so i have everyone staying at home, i'll go in just because. this sucks big time, i can keep paying peeps for couple months but if it goes longer than that not sure what to do.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I've lost all my work, studios have shut down. I was booked solid until May, now nothing. In fact, my next job scheduled is the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo leaving July 12th. NBC sent me an email saying that they are watching the situation closely but plan to be in Tokyo. We'll see. I guess I'll work on my house and live off of my savings.
I feel for you man, its going to be a tough summer

boatpi

Reaction score
Lapd just took half of the detectives and put uniforms on them, hit
The streets.
Costco patrol.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
MWD water treatment plant operator...so ya...not shutting down anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
Earlier in this thread I made a flippant post about me being retired and the checks keep coming in.

Now I'm feeling like an asshole for being so inconsiderate and pea-brained. A bunch of RDP people are going to be knocked flat by this deal.

I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad for those of you that take a hit from reduced hours and layoffs. Stay strong.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Residential construction for me. Business as usual. My wife works for a city and she's working from home till further notice.

charred1

Reaction score
For what most of you call an overpaid Fire Fighter, I work 26 of the next 30 days.

Where is that happening? 26 days “mandatory” or “voluntary” sign up for OT?