WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who has a job that will continue even if we go on lockdown?

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We won’t stop as soon as I’m healed I’m back and the 2 superintendents watching my site will go start there’s , hell we need 10 travel supers now
Looks like after Calif SIP I’m told to SIP at home for a week full pay but I want to go back to work .

Singleton

Reaction score
My wifes IT department just placed 53 team members on LOA.
She got saved this round, but round 2 is in 2 weeks if clubs can’t open

mbrown2

Reaction score
My wifes IT department just placed 53 team members on LOA.
She got saved this round, but round 2 is in 2 weeks if clubs can’t open
What kind of industry? Would think IT with the WFH push would be essential making that happen and insuring the infrastructure does not fail. Heck I know of companies hiring and giving bonus's to folks who will still go into the office to manage systems onsite.

Singleton

Reaction score
What kind of industry? Would think IT with the WFH push would be essential making that happen and insuring the infrastructure does not fail. Heck I know of companies hiring and giving bonus's to folks who will still go into the office to manage systems onsite.

Fitness industry. No revenue, with all company locations nationwide closed.
WFH started for all corporate employees last Tuesday, last Wednesday all clubs closed.
All club hourly employees were terminated Friday, given 1 weeks pay and paid out any accrued PTO.

socalrzr

Reaction score
I'm still reporting to work. How is everyone else doing? Although I could use a vacation I dont want a forced one, especially when I cant do anything!

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm still reporting to work. How is everyone else doing? Although I could use a vacation I dont want a forced one, especially when I cant do anything!
Still working although people won't stay the hell away. They walk right up to us and wanna know what we are doing. Found out today that 2 of our guys (not on my crew) have tested positive, I know one of the guys really cool dude.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I actually started a new job in the middle of this whole ordeal. (Electrical Distribution Planning) office Monday and Thursday home the rest.
Wife does insurance 100% from home to begin with so we are going to be ok.

Bear Down

Reaction score
With the whole Tourism and dining issue in flux, my business is about 70% of what it was the 2nd week of March.. Example, Week ending 3/14 I sold about $180k worth of produce in 6 days, now the week ending 3/28, I sold a whopping $55,000 worth of product.... So I really have a ton of time really doing nothing. I've been working from home twice a week, but I am feeling some guilt doing so, even with my low sales #'s, I am covering my full salary, so I am not to worried about covering the ROI for the company, but I don't want to be that employee that is working to much from home, because I really appreciate not having to worry about being laid off or a furlough. Plus the company just paid me out my bonus last week, even with the downturn of business... But my family is tucked away in house and we are pretty strict on hand washing and exposure. We go through a routine of undressing and washing when I get home in the garage to protect the family and I am pretty diligent at work about being separated from staff, but that is tough to do at times. Its a no win and tough to manage mentally... For us in an essential role, we are blessed but we are also cursed at the same time...