WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who is up for Cen Cal next weekend?

rightytighty

Reaction score
43393D59-EDAF-4B63-8EDC-CA451544743C.jpeg
There’s no one on the lake today....

It’s supposed to be low 80’s next weekend!

Anybody up for another day or two before it’s all done for the year ? Our family weekends are done but I’m not... Pine Flat Lake.

I’m offering up my place at the lake Friday and Saturday. I’ll set the houseboat up as a day beach on Friday/Saturday for any/all.

There’s safe parking for several rigs on the property. Can sling extension cords for basic power needs but won’t run ac’s. Shouldn’t need ac in any event. There’s room in the house.

DavAlf04

Reaction score
We'll be out there tomorrow if you're around.

rightytighty

Reaction score
6D9EA510-7069-4AA9-98D7-208458C80CA2.jpeg
Here’s an old pic of the house boat tied up.
Very nice day barge. Shade, grill, gas carrier etc.

I’m going to get there Thursday evening and leave early Sunday Morning (heading to Bako for drag races at Ming).

Short notice but whatever, it’s all good!

Wbinder

Reaction score
Dang I’d be ok but I work sat and sun of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Speaking of which, pine flat has been my stomping ground for the last 18 years. I'm curious how many rdp members are from the central valley.

rightytighty

Reaction score
Speaking of which, pine flat has been my stomping ground for the last 18 years. I'm curious how many rdp members are from the central valley.
There’s quite a few that I’ve noticed.

Any pics of the boat? Wondering if I’ll recognize it?

DavAlf04

Reaction score
There’s quite a few that I’ve noticed.

Any pics of the boat? Wondering if I’ll recognize it?

Got a new phone and lost all other pics. But shes hooked up and ready for tomorrow. I plan on getting some more pics tomorrow.

20190914_135545.jpg

oldschool

Reaction score
Sounds great! I’ll post details where houseboat is once I set it on Friday. You still recovering from the motorcycle accident? Or recovered( hopefully)?
Sounds great! I’ll post details where houseboat is once I set it on Friday. You still recovering from the motorcycle accident? Or recovered( hopefully)?

oldschool

Reaction score
WTF? I quoted the hell out of that. Lol. Yes, all the broken stuff was healed up till I decided to try to ski a few weeks ago. Now, I’m a bit dinged up again.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
View attachment 798194 There’s no one on the lake today....

It’s supposed to be low 80’s next weekend!

Anybody up for another day or two before it’s all done for the year ? Our family weekends are done but I’m not... Pine Flat Lake.

I’m offering up my place at the lake Friday and Saturday. I’ll set the houseboat up as a day beach on Friday/Saturday for any/all.

There’s safe parking for several rigs on the property. Can sling extension cords for basic power needs but won’t run ac’s. Shouldn’t need ac in any event. There’s room in the house.

Thanks for the invite, I'm in Sanger. Can't make it.

DavAlf04

Reaction score
New boat looks nice! Details? Hope it ran well on your maiden voyage!

I’ll keep an eye out for you.
2001 advantage citation 25 with the 496 ho. It ran well. The little gremlins are starting to poke their heads. Found a leak on the trim pump. And every once in a while it didnt want to start. Acted like the batteries were dead.

Saw 50 mph but we were full of fuel and people. Including the mother in law. I would like to put a 24 or 26p prop but I think it would make it difficult for tubing. Which the kids would not stand for.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
2001 advantage citation 25 with the 496 ho. It ran well. The little gremlins are starting to poke their heads. Found a leak on the trim pump. And every once in a while it didnt want to start. Acted like the batteries were dead.

Saw 50 mph but we were full of fuel and people. Including the mother in law. I would like to put a 24 or 26p prop but I think it would make it difficult for tubing. Which the kids would not stand for.

Your boat looks familiar.
Not too many of these up this way.

I also have a Citation however mine is now undergoing a minor 3 year facelift or we would be up this weekend.
I have the Rhinda scan tool and lifting capabilities to remove that 25 off the trailer if ever need be. Pm me if I can give you a hand. I'm in Sanger and pretty handy with water craft like yours. Mike

Last edited:

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Your boat looks familiar.
Not too many of these up this way.

I also have a Citation however mine is now undergoing a minor 3 year facelift or we would be up this weekend.
I have the Rhinda scan tool and lifting capabilities to remove that 25 off the trailer if ever need be. Pm me if I can give you a hand. I'm in Sanger and pretty handy with water craft like yours. Mike

Thank you so much for the offer. I'm still learning with these boats.

Not to hijack this thread, but what kind of overhaul are you doing.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
IMG_5807.JPG
Well, since you asked !
Gutted the interior, rebuilt all seats and floor that needed attention, replaced All the purple carpet and upholstery replaced headliner, throttle control and cables, stereo head unit, amps and wet sounds speakers, autometer gauges with gps speedo, all new switches and blue sea fuse panel that was wired by the head rigger at Sanger Boats, steering wheel, pulled all the grab rails and did a sand and polish on the boat off the trailer, replaced all fuel hoses inc fill and vent along with newer style fills, pop up cleats with drains, stainless cup holders, bilge blower, 8' full stainless Bimini top with 80% black shade cloth , power ram for hatch, power and USB outlets (3), led bow and stern lights , led transom lights towards back with another set on the swim step pointing down , pulled the bravo lower unit and fixed the chewed up skeg then painted it in two part urathane car paint , belts , hoses , fuel pump , impeller, tilt ram limiter shims to limit new drive showers contact to swim platform, the VSO thingie got a new diaphragm and o ring , (yours doesn't have this Fred flintsone piece),

I set the boat on my loaner trailer and cut the flimsy competive trailer apart and am replacing all new led lights, UFP torsion axles, (cut the leafs and hangers off) disc brakes, under side spare carrier , added 8' of 4.5" plate on both sides of front channel to take out the Frontal sag, white led landing lights on a float switch for night retrieval, added the missing rt rear fender, boat buckles , f2 winch and tongue jack, new bunks and crash pads, sand blast , two part urathane paint and a new trailer plate "TK ADVNTG"
IMG_4963.JPG
IMG_4987.JPG
IMG_5807.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_5132.JPG
IMG_5424.JPG

HAD THE DAMN THING GOING ON THREE YEARS AND NEVER HAD IT ON THE WATER. This boat is a 96 and before I bought it it sat in a back yard for a couple years unused. I did get on sale. Or maybe not? and I tell others to not buy projects LOL

DavAlf04

Reaction score
View attachment 799030 Well, since you asked !
Gutted the interior, rebuilt all seats and floor that needed attention, replaced All the purple carpet and upholstery replaced headliner, throttle control and cables, stereo head unit, amps and wet sounds speakers, autometer gauges with gps speedo, all new switches and blue sea fuse panel that was wired by the head rigger at Sanger Boats, steering wheel, pulled all the grab rails and did a sand and polish on the boat off the trailer, replaced all fuel hoses inc fill and vent along with newer style fills, pop up cleats with drains, stainless cup holders, bilge blower, 8' full stainless Bimini top with 80% black shade cloth , power ram for hatch, power and USB outlets (3), led bow and stern lights , led transom lights towards back with another set on the swim step pointing down , pulled the bravo lower unit and fixed the chewed up skeg then painted it in two part urathane car paint , belts , hoses , fuel pump , impeller, tilt ram limiter shims to limit new drive showers contact to swim platform, the VSO thingie got a new diaphragm and o ring , (yours doesn't have this Fred flintsone piece),

I set the boat on my loaner trailer and cut the flimsy competive trailer apart and am replacing all new led lights, UFP torsion axles, (cut the leafs and hangers off) disc brakes, under side spare carrier , added 8' of 4.5" plate on both sides of front channel to take out the Frontal sag, white led landing lights on a float switch for night retrieval, added the missing rt rear fender, boat buckles , f2 winch and tongue jack, new bunks and crash pads, sand blast , two part urathane paint and a new trailer plate "TK ADVNTG" View attachment 799031 View attachment 799032 View attachment 799030 View attachment 799033 View attachment 799034 View attachment 799035

HAD THE DAMN THING GOING ON THREE YEARS AND NEVER HAD IT ON THE WATER. This boat is a 96 and before I bought it it sat in a back yard for a couple years unused. I did get on sale. Or maybe not? and I tell others to not buy projects LOL

You're right, a minor overhaul lol!! Mine is somewhat of a project but I want to use it as its redone. It's set to go for upholstery in april. That will make a big difference. I have not seen another advantage in the valley. Typically on the lake, it's a fishing boat or a wakeboard boat, very few "performance" boats. May have to find a more appropriate thread other than rightytighty's but I'd love to see more pics as it goes back together. Or maybe, if you willing, I can stop by and take a look.

rightytighty

Reaction score
You're right, a minor overhaul lol!! Mine is somewhat of a project but I want to use it as its redone. It's set to go for upholstery in april. That will make a big difference. I have not seen another advantage in the valley. Typically on the lake, it's a fishing boat or a wakeboard boat, very few "performance" boats. May have to find a more appropriate thread other than rightytighty's but I'd love to see more pics as it goes back together. Or maybe, if you willing, I can stop by and take a look.

Don’t worry about it. I love all of the in process pics and stories. (Makes me feel better about all of my bad decisions ).

I’m always amazed when someone says they know exactly how much this or that rebuild costs as they have all of the receipts.

I purposely don’t save receipts as I would rather plead ignorance to the costs of this stupid passion.

I like your style shrub lurker!

rightytighty

Reaction score
895B8831-D9BC-45B4-B2D4-70608E5214F6.jpeg

Time for cocktails!

If anyone pulls up to PF tomorrow, hope to see you!

Island park is the second launch ramp. Just before you get to Lombardos.

House boat is just out side the 5 mph zone ion the right as you exit island park

DavAlf04

Reaction score
How was it? Anybody else show up? I had to work all weekend but the weather was beautiful.

rightytighty

Reaction score
How was it? Anybody else show up? I had to work all weekend but the weather was beautiful.

Nope. Too bad. The island we were on was unusual. Nice sand and room for several other boats. Tall rocks provided great afternoon shade.

We enjoyed it just the same.

Take care!