WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who knows about Cancun?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Damn there are a lot of options. where is a good place to stay. going for new years i think

Swain

Reaction score
Only good place in Cancun is taking a boat to Isla Mujeres .

My wife and I got terrible food poisoning the 2nd day so that really killed our trip.

The Beaches in Cancun had Seaweed all the time so going to the Island is the best spot.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I prefer south of Cancun. Playa del Carmen, or smaller towns like Puerto Morelos, or the village of Akumal, or down to Tulum. We rented a sweet little place in Akumal. Awesome snorkeling right out front. None of the crowds of Cancun.

Waterheater

Reaction score
Been there twice this year. As mentioned above, Isla Mujeres is the best. We stayed at the Westin Lagunamar resort in Cancun both time. This last trip we went to the island and stayed a night there. Had a great time. Rented a Golf cart and hit a bunch of the beach bars. If we go back, I'd probably stay the whole time on Isla Mujeres. Much more laid back. To me Cancun is to much like Vegas. It was fun and had a great time, but I'm over it now.

checkrd past

Reaction score
Don't stay at the Grand Oasis,freakin party hotel.For 4 days we had 3 bus loads from mexico city of 15 year olds getting drunk and puking everywhere. Oh, and a drug deal gone bad with a murder . it looks nice nut they sock in the party crowd

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I prefer south of Cancun. Playa del Carmen, or smaller towns like Puerto Morelos, or the village of Akumal, or down to Tulum. We rented a sweet little place in Akumal. Awesome snorkeling right out front. None of the crowds of Cancun.

this

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn there are a lot of options. where is a good place to stay. going for new years i think

Not really a party town but if you want to go somewhere fun that Troncones place we just went to is paradise

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Go down to Playa del Carmen. Stay at the RIU Palace.
5 gold apples on Appple vacations. We stayed there. Ill go back.
Google it.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Secrets Maroma Beach

I posted a thread on FB for recommendations for all inclusive and this was recommended by several. Unfortunately our trip got derailed because of Covid, but we are booking again soon. I heard that the beach is the nicest one there.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We stayed at an AirBnb in Playa del Carmen.
It’s owned by the Norwegian ambassador to Cuba...at the time it rented for $200/night. Amazing place with a private rooftop pool and deck.

We really prefer Airbnb to hotels.

IMG_5888.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

johnner58

Reaction score
Secrets Maroma Beach

I posted a thread on FB for recommendations for all inclusive and this was recommended by several. Unfortunately our trip got derailed because of Covid, but we are booking again soon. I heard that the beach is the nicest one there.
Secrets Maroma Beach is one of all time favorites!

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Another reason why Playa del Carmen....
New Years huh ? The big water gets rough down there in winter. Still warm enough to get in, but rough....
PDC installed these huge organic looking (dead whales!) wave breaks. They're large burlap bags they pumped full of concrete. Made a huge difference.
This is Jan. there a few years back

DSC_0220 - Copy.JPG

endobear

Reaction score
I got married on the beach in Akumal 18 years ago. Sweet spot. I have heard its grown since we were there.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
We are picking between Belize and Playa del Carmen for our next vacation.

LBLL

Low Budget Livin' Large
Reaction score
El Dorado Maroma. They have over the water Bungalows. Place is amazing.

jadenchick

Reaction score
We stayed at Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya in 2018

Our room was a swim up room, we loved it. The beach was incredible. Make sure you check out Xplor, lots and lots to do. Zip lining, cenotes, rafting, and they have John Deere vehicles that you drive through caves. https://www.xplor.travel/en/

We’ve stayed in Cancun before, it wasn’t our favorite.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Belize is rad. San Pedro on Ambergris Cay is the spot. Easy flights. Even southwest goes there.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I took my wife to Secrets the Vine for her 30th. Great hotel and service. Try to check out the Cirque du Solei show down there, it’s awesome.

jet496

Reaction score
Any of the big resorts between Cancun & Playa del Carmen are nice. We never go to Cancun & hang at Playa del Carmen, south of there some good attractions & the cenotes are cool. But, our favorite is Cozumel, diving & hanging out downtown, but it's pretty much mostly about the diving over there, not much night life.

Reactions: DWC

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
This place was pretty cool. Some of it was dumb, but parts were a hoot.