WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who likes watches?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Left to Right
  1. Rolex Datejust - Stainless and Gold with Jubilee Bracelet
  2. Rolex President Day/Date in 18K with Bark Finish (wedding present from my Bride (34 years ago)
  3. Rolex Daytona in Stainless with Leather band (Hidden Clasp)
  4. Frederique Constant - Dual Time (Ultra thin dress watch with 2 time zones)
  5. Tudor Tiger Chronograph with Alligator/Leather Band and hidden clasp
  6. Tudor Tiger Chronograph with Stainless Band.....Also have the Alligator/leather band and end links but I like the stainless as it's better for in and out of water.
  7. Rolex GMT Master II with Jubilee band in Silver and Gold (This band no longer available with GMT)
  8. Carrera Twin Time with Leather band and hidden clasp

I used to travel extensively and twin time was great.....but I pretty much just wore the GMT II as it was the easiest to change time zones!!

Anymore I just have them and rarely change them out......although today I did take off the Datejust for the 1st time in 4 or 5 months and I'm wearing the Tudor Tiger with the Red Alligator Band.....one of my favorites!!

Nice collection.

Dont know Jack about #4 or 8.

Ive pulled back to one Rolex.

The tudors are a solid investment - really simply a Rolex at a lower price point.

Tell me about it on the travel. My go to travel piece is the Reverso GMT in the vid.

Im missing an annual or perpetual calendar from my collection - and a speedmaster w manual wind.

UD

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
9410601D-7E82-4850-BC95-8D6089213ADD.jpeg
<———— Baller!!

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Nice collection.

Dont know Jack about #4 or 8.

Ive pulled back to one Rolex.

The tudors are a solid investment - really simply a Rolex at a lower price point.

Tell me about it on the travel. My go to travel piece is the Reverso GMT in the vid.

Im missing an annual or perpetual calendar from my collection - and a speedmaster w manual wind.

UD
I forgot that #8 is a Tag Heuer.....the Carrera Twin Time is the model.....it has a 24 hour hand similar to the Rolex GMT :)

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I love watches but don't have the budget for the rolex's, Tag etc but I got a couple nice ones Tissot and of course a few Michael Kors, Invicta, Seiko, and some others. Total of 18. My wife says I have a problem.

Just 5 more years and my job and I get a Rolex.

caldezrat

Reaction score
I have an old Rolex GMT Master II 16760 Sophia Loren or "Fat Lady" with the factory original jubilee band. I usually break a cheap watch every year. This Rolex has been with me since the early 90's. It's built like a tank, but recently the date doesn't line up in the cyclops. I'm kinda embarrassed to wear it because of it, but I could tell many stories of how it keeps on tickin. I even short circuited it against the terminal of my alternator and left me with a burnt skin ring around my wrist, but the watch kept going. I had a jeweler buff the burnt spot off the case and he asked me what the heck happened and I told him. He couldn't believe it.

DLC

Reaction score
Left to Right
  1. Rolex Datejust - Stainless and Gold with Jubilee Bracelet
  2. Rolex President Day/Date in 18K with Bark Finish (wedding present from my Bride (34 years ago)
  3. Rolex Daytona in Stainless with Leather band (Hidden Clasp)
  4. Frederique Constant - Dual Time (Ultra thin dress watch with 2 time zones)
  5. Tudor Tiger Chronograph with Alligator/Leather Band and hidden clasp
  6. Tudor Tiger Chronograph with Stainless Band.....Also have the Alligator/leather band and end links but I like the stainless as it's better for in and out of water.
  7. Rolex GMT Master II with Jubilee band in Silver and Gold (This band no longer available with GMT)
  8. Carrera Twin Time with Leather band and hidden clasp

I used to travel extensively and twin time was great.....but I pretty much just wore the GMT II as it was the easiest to change time zones!!

Anymore I just have them and rarely change them out......although today I did take off the Datejust for the 1st time in 4 or 5 months and I'm wearing the Tudor Tiger with the Red Alligator Band.....one of my favorites!!

My favorites #3 & #6 I would love to get a Daytona some day
I have a thing for white /silver face, your collection is very nice!
I would also like to get a Leather or a more sporty type band instead of the bracket

PhyrMnGil

Reaction score
I actually just looked at a few watched yesterday. Looking at a Rolex Datejust Blue dial and Omega Aquaterrra Blue Dial. Also gonna look at a Buame and Mercier.
Have a few Movado a Museum and Chronograph.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
View attachment 643270 I love watches. Next one will be either a Breitling or an Omega.

One of my favorite features of modern Omegas, is the dual-layer anti-reflective coating. They put it on the top and bottom of the crystal.

The crystal literally becomes invisible to the naked eye at certain angles. In this regard, it has a much nicer look than a Rolex.

IMG_9548.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rrrr

Reaction score

Anyone interested in buying a Baume et Mercier 18K Catwalk? It's a nice looking watch but my wife doesn't like it anymore. I want to sell it and get her something else for her birthday. I have the box and papers.

16978168919_98097e7577_c.jpg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Pretty sweet. Real flashy piece will definitely get attention.

Curious why you didn't get a used one?

Used they start around 20K with box and full docs. Looks like mint ones can be had for low 20's
https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/submariner-date-full-yellow-gold-watch--id8190108.htm

Gold watches seem to take a really hard beating up front then hold from there.

UD

I don’t want to be jacked at gun point or beat the watch up so It spends the majority of its time in my safety deposit box. Didn’t buy it either, it was a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yeah lots of these very nice pieces end up as safe queens.

Nice gift dude.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
-not sure if the above Rollies are stock or modified-

Interestingly modification to Rolex's tend to reduce their value vs increase it.

One would think that adding several grand worth of diamonds to a case would always increase is resale value but it often tanks it.

SJP- nice piece you sure will sparkle.

-just my personal preference - I've never been a huge fan of diamonds on mens pieces.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Good gal.

My current wife never once asked me for anything, which is why I bought her an awesome piece and surprised her with it.

Me ex wanted a lady date just and I bought her one. Its a great watch everything a sub is but miniaturized.

UD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I have 3 Rolexs. My wife does not want one. Tried to buy her one this last week. She says no. I guess I am lucky in a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Summer wanted a Nixon...I surprised her...she doesn't like flashy either...told me her right g was too big too...I'm lucky too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Albert

Reaction score
image.jpg

Havnt worn it in i dont know how long

stolen

Reaction score
I probably wear my Rolex Daytona the most, but my favorite watch is the Bell & Ross. It seems that most don't know what it is, and I like it that way!

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_9679.JPG

spectras only

Reaction score
26718238_1_x.jpg
Buddy of mine doesn't wear a watch, but, has a Orologio Breguet [ only 50 ever made ] in the dash of his Lambo Diablo, that was a 12K option back in the day.:eek:

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Sir Bob- Ohh a Royal Oak mmm.. -I love that shit - apart from the service bills about on par with header replacements on big block boats.

spectra - I love exotic clocks and well executed clocks.

Heres my toy.

It runs forever with zero external influence - aside from 1 degree of temp change in 24 hour period which provides the system with enough energy to power the clock for 3 days.

It is- essentially - aside from pollution gumming it up every 30 years or so - it's a perpetual motion machine that works on a millennium scale.

It tracks -

Years - to 3000
Months
Hours
minutes
moonphase accurate to 3000 year give or take a bit,

Its a generational device that Im merely holding for the next guy.

Its appreciated significantly from it purchase price about doubling its worth.

Atmos clocks have a fascinating history.

UD

Atmos.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I really like Citizen eco-drive watches. I've had a few. I really like my Skyhawk, it's Titanium, Solar powered, Radio controlled with lots of features. Oh, and super light too.

4bRGmTxYTEyZAInOf54gew.jpg

Motor Boater

Reaction score
One of my favorite features of modern Omegas, is the dual-layer anti-reflective coating. They put it on the top and bottom of the crystal.

The crystal literally becomes invisible to the naked eye at certain angles. In this regard, it has a much nicer look than a Rolex.

View attachment 643471

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dam that’s badass! Now I’m shopping for watches on the internet.