WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who put the K in Kustom?

N of the rvr

Reaction score
I'm doing a little job for the man that may have put the K in Kustom. The car guys would probably say it was his father, Frank. But I'm a boat guy so I would say it was Arlen.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Maybe Ed Roth or George Barris.:thumbup:
yellow-fang.jpg 16f1_1_b.jpg 1961_Roth's_Beatnik_Bandit.jpg _shows_currentshow_roth_roth13.jpg

dread Pirate

Reaction score
All mentioned are greats. As far back as I can remember I think of Billy B as the one who put the K in Kustom. :thumbup:

Dick Vale, Ron Merando, Woody Gilmore, Al Martinez as well as some others should also be mentioned.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
All mentioned are greats. As far back as I can remember I think of Billy B as the one who put the K in Kustom. :thumbup:

Dick Vale, Ron Merando, Woody Gilmore, Al Martinez as well as some others should also be mentioned.
All those guys were pure talent.:thumbup:

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
claimed to be "The King of the Kustomizers", back in the early 1950's . I think the term was 'coined' right around the time the Barris brothers brought out the "Hirohata Merc" to shows and magazines . By 1960 the AMT company's 1/25th scale model of 'The A La Cart' had packaging proclaiming "Barris, King of the Kustomizers" .

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
put the '500' in custom boats, since he was "Mr 500 for a number of years" . (The Indy race)

N of the rvr

Reaction score
Arlen brought in some body parts to be louvered for a "Kurtis Kraft" car he is building

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 32

jesco

Reaction score

I use to do a lot of electrical work at Dick Vales shop, SUPER COOL GUY!!!!! At the time I was only 18 or 19 and had no idea how big a legend he really was. I told him once "I would love to have that kind of talent and be able to paint like that". He told me "come on in whenever you have time, Ill teach yah...." Really wish I would have took him up on that offer. RIP DV

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I use to do a lot of electrical work at Dick Vales shop, SUPER COOL GUY!!!!! At the time I was only 18 or 19 and had no idea how big a legend he really was. I told him once "I would love to have that kind of talent and be able to paint like that". He told me "come on in whenever you have time, Ill teach yah...." Really wish I would have took him up on that offer. RIP DV
Wow, that was a real opportunity missed.:(