WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who received their stimulus check?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
0ZtOnZu9.jpeg

Cdog

Reaction score
I just read they lowered the phase out threshold from the last. Married couples 174k down from 199k.

4Waters

Reaction score
Ours will go to the same place the last stimulus check went, towards our debt except this time it will pay it off. We didn't use it on stuff we didn't need, we spent it on what we needed, zero debt.

Edit: Haven't received it yet

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
A couple at my wife’s tennis club are very well off. She and her husband have seperate accounts, hers showing almost no income as hubby makes all the money pays the bills and taxes. They are probably worth we’ll into the 9 figures

She got a check.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
We are not getting one as both my wife and i work and have been lucky enough to continue working during this whole thing. But my neighbor is getting one, he who has been working this whole time. he has received 400K for his business and during the last 10 months remodeled his house spending over 200k, bought a second river house as well as a second side by side so he has one for the sand and a separate one for the desert. This stimulus crap is a joke.

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
Ours will go to the same place the last stimulus check went, towards our debt except this time it will pay it off. We didn't use it on stuff we didn't need, we spent it on what we needed, zero debt.

@4Waters....You aren't doing like the gov.??? Charge and charge and charge some more??? 😂

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Let's just wait and see if/when/how much before we talk about "who received their stimulus check" (aka Gov't giving back some tax dollars to keep the peasants quiet while they continue raping our country's financial and moral future)

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
No deposit last night but they are sending them since then.

Cdog

Reaction score
A couple at my wife’s tennis club are very well off. She and her husband have seperate accounts, hers showing almost no income as hubby makes all the money pays the bills and taxes. They are probably worth we’ll into the 9 figures

She got a check.

Files separately. Don’t hate the player hate the game.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We make less than 150k per couple. So hopefully we both will be getting one.
I've been paying for everybody else / lowlife who refuses to work or use the system for their benefit my whole working life.
I will take it, spend it how I/We want and not have one bit of guilt for doing so.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I didn’t get one last time, this time however my wife hasn’t worked in a year and a half. So I’m thinking we qualify. I might splurge with extra 600 dollars and go to Vegas for an hour or two. [emoji106][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

She got a check.

Some of the wealthiest people I know book ~$50k “salaries” from their passive investment/businesses.

They control everything and “own” nothing...they live thru their businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdog

Reaction score
I didn’t get one last time, this time however my wife hasn’t worked in a year and a half. So I’m thinking we qualify. I might splurge with extra 600 dollars and go to Vegas for an hour or two. [emoji106][emoji849]

It’s still based on your last tax return. So 2019

2Driver

Reaction score
Some of the wealthiest people I know book ~$50k “salaries” from their passive investment/businesses.

They control everything and “own” nothing...they live thru their businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep I have an old colleague friend retired with 7 figures, 2 homes, RV etc. Kid has full scholarship, they pay basically nothing for Obamacare and got checks.

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
I thought it was approved for $2000 ea person ? Or is it the original $600. ?

just_floatin

Reaction score
Yep I have an old colleague friend retired with 7 figures, 2 homes, RV etc. Kid has full scholarship, they pay basically nothing for Obamacare and got checks.
Part A - Lifestyle
Guy and his wife earn well over 200k combined and file taxes separately. They both invest a large portion of their income to a 401k and roth account through each of their businesses. The both of them can borrow any amount, at anytime, paying any amount they desire back to the third party 401k account monthly, so long as the funds are there.

Part B - Healthcare coverage + stimulus
The threshold for the affordable care act is netting under 69k per year to qualify. The couple described pays 330 dollars per month combined in Arizona and self fund their HSA accounts. They have no children and are 35 & 39 years of age.

You can live very well on 140k + stimulus a year with toys, a second home and cheap healthcare if you fit this scenario. You just need a great tax man and the know how 😎

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Sitting pending in my account as of about 20 minutes ago.

Thankfully they are still using 2019 income as the qualifiers.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
thats whats seems not right for me. People may have had a great year last year, have large expenses, paid a lot of taxes, now they have no income in 2020 due to the virus. And they don’t get shit.

I think they’ll get a tax credit when they file their 2020 taxes. At least that’s what I thought with the first round.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I think they’ll get a tax credit when they file their 2020 taxes. At least that’s what I thought with the first round.

Hopefully that doesn't mean those of us who qualified based on 2019 income and definitely would not qualify based on 2020 income will owe the stimulus checks back

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
thats whats seems not right for me. People may have had a great year last year, have large expenses, paid a lot of taxes, now they have no income in 2020 due to the virus. And they don’t get shit.

I’m not saying this to be a dick, but if you did that well last year and are now destitute this year and you need the $600 to actually live, maybe you should have been smarter with your money and saved some more over the last few years.

white tortilla

Reaction score
I’m not saying this to be a dick, but if you did that well last year and are now destitute this year and you need the $600 to actually live, maybe you should have been smarter with your money and saved some more over the last few years.

I hear what you are saying. However $75000 and living in Los Angeles, you are still pretty much in the poor house if u are a recent homeowner and have to pay for your own car/ or medical/ have a family and your probably not able to save much. And you probably paid 30% on that money to taxes.
$75k in oaklahoma you might be living pretty good. I think it should have been a higher threshold. I’m ok with no handouts at all, “maybe you should have been smarter with your money” -LOF, can apply to all the people who are claiming they can’t make it without $600.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Married, two good incomes.
Money is just not what it used to be.

Drive old cars, old used boat. Kids have college funds though.
So over 150k. Agree money isn't what it used to be.
The income you make shouldn't matter. to me anyway. The more you make the more you've paid to keep others afloat already.
If they are going to give a stimulus payment then give it to everybody.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Hopefully that doesn't mean those of us who qualified based on 2019 income and definitely would not qualify based on 2020 income will owe the stimulus checks back

I'm pretty sure it's taxable income so you'll just pay tax on it like everybody else. It's been a long time since I looked into it and talked to accountants about it. Maybe one of them will chime in.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying. However $75000 and living in Los Angeles, you are still pretty much in the poor house if u are a recent homeowner and have to pay for your own car/ or medical/ have a family and your probably not able to save much. And you probably paid 30% on that money to taxes.
$75k in oaklahoma you might be living pretty good. I think it should have been a higher threshold. I’m ok with no handouts at all, “maybe you should have been smarter with your money” -LOF, can apply to all the people who are claiming they can’t make it without $600.

At $75k I agree, but $600 isn’t moving the needle.

Your example was someone over the $199k threshold in 2019, that is now bringing in little to no income. That is different than $75k.

At $200k If you don’t have at least 6 months worth of living expenses in reserve or stuff to quickly liquidate to get there, stop buying shit and save son money, ESPECIALLY if you live in LA. If you are struggling in LA because you want or need to live here, I would say that is not the rest of the country’s problem. Everyone has challenges, LA isn’t special.

If you are $600 away from being homeless in LA and your household brought in $200k last year, you probably should move (barring some crazy unforeseen financial challenges).

For someone in that category to actually have my attention and sympathy I’d expect to see 5 year old phones, and 10+ year old vehicles, etc. We both know that isn’t the case by and large.

DLC

Reaction score
I think every American should be pissed off at Pelosi for playing politics with the hand out!
No stimulus in sight prior to 11/3! And if Trump won there wouldn’t be a stimulus now!

Her Bitches cheated and WON so now she wants to help him with a good economy ! It’s all a Bunch of BS! And there will be a huge STIMULUS as soon as Biden puts everyone back on lockdown!

CobraDave

Reaction score
I think if you are going to receive a W2 for 2020 you should get a check. That would be my policy. David for 2024!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Wondering if I’m gonna buy a s&w shield or a sig 365. 😂

If we get anything I'm getting a new g26 for sure.

Maybe i should save it...My wife got laid off 2 months ago from a huge company after 16 years that shipped 400 jobs to India. Looks like we are about to test unemployment for the first time ever.

Nah...I saved and prepared I'm getting a new gun...hahaha

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Who is even talking politics there is people that can use and that will abuse the system put gas in the new truck from your ppp loan and it’s done

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I just checked and see a lil bump deposited from IRS/ Treasury ... its "stimulus" money so I'll be getting stimulated shortly to do my part for our economy.