WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who Remembers 'Rat Tails'?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
No . . . not the little braided hair tassel guy sporting the puka-shell necklace.
It was where you tightly rolled a towel, (preferably one with the loose fringe) diagonally on the bias.
Then you'd pinch the one end and wrap the loose end around your fist! Then run around on the beach everyone snapping each other on the legs!
The gnarly guys would dip the end of the towel in water and throw some sand on it !
That shit would leave a serious welt! That was some of the best pain ever growing up as a kid !!! I remember it would only take 1 kid to start rolling one, then it was a race to roll yours the fastest cause it was game on !!!
After a few snaps they'd kinda come unrolled and the party was over.
Could you imagine if some of these parents now-a-days saw some kids doing that now!?!?!?! Holy Hell they'd have a complete meltdown! But that was the best !!!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
On another note remember monkey bumps? A knuckle to the forearm
Oh yeah, good one. . . and 'Dead Legs' where you'd take a knee to the outer thigh !
I still have a permanent scar on my right thigh from 5th grade were they held me down and the biggest kid dropped on me with one knee!
Glad I grew up when pain, scars, stitches, etc. were all part of being a kid.

rrrr

Reaction score
I terrorized underclassmen in the football locker room with a rat tail. ☠ 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I swam and played water polo all thru school. I watched a guy lay open another guys thigh with the snap of a towel. Needless to say if you even appeared to be rolling up a towel you were toast.
First thing I thought of with the thread title...welts from pool decks, or knocking ball caps off of heads. All kinds of fun!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
When I worked at Jamba Juice and we were slow, we'd take a towel and soak just the tip, then put it in the freezer. It would put holes in very thick cardboard boxes. I was the king with a towel at the Jamba. And everybody knew it. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
In high school, the equipment manager was KING of the towel snap...

You didn't bring back that basketball you checked out?? Oh yeah, you went home with some welts.

And no one complained. Imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sadly, yes I do

1611071642087.png

1611071654830.png

1611071705336.png

1611071687608.png

OHHH YAAA

Reaction score
I gave my son a pretty good welt on the back of his thigh when he was about 8 or 9 (kinda on accident) to “show” him and explain what it was. Still 4 years latter if I start getting lip about a chore from him I just start twisting a towel, and it’s end of discussion he is hot on whatever I asked him to do 😄. He has gotten me back a few times since then...what’s good for the goose is good for the gander right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk