WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who set the El Dorado fire?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
They know who did it, but I haven't seen the names. I thought it would be in the media by now.

HCP3

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200918-044458.png

floatn turd

Reaction score
Good question.
I looked for the original video, pictures etc.

There ain't nothing out there, that I've found.
In this day & age instant picture posting.......not one snap?????

Hmmmm🤔

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Good question.
I looked for the original video, pictures etc.

There ain't nothing out there, that I've found.
In this day & age instant picture posting.......not one snap?????

Hmmmm🤔
That's what I'm talking about. Figured there would have been a livestream that someone captured.

Javajoe

Reaction score
The news showed the concrete bench surrounded by chard brush were it was started by the Gender reveal. Other than that, nada. Started by one of those colored smoke bombs they said. That’s going to cost a pretty penny for a long time. Doubt they will recoup any money. Can’t recoup the life lost, that’s for sure.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I was told the people who were involved in the gender reveal party have been cooperative with authorities. It’s going to be a real long road ahead for these folks now that there’s been a fatality.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was told the people who were involved in the gender reveal party have been cooperative with authorities. It’s going to be a real long road ahead for these folks now that there’s been a fatality.

Who knows -- Sergio Martinez started the 03' San Diego Cedar fire. 15 people died as a result of his being lost and starting a signal fire. He got off with a hand slap.
What I don't know is if there were numerous civil trials ?? Can't seem to find anything showing he was later sued in Civil court.

Investigators determined that the fire was started by Sergio Martinez of West Covina, California, a novice hunter who had been hunting in the area and had become lost.[21] Martinez initially told investigators that he had fired a shot from his rifle to draw attention and that the shot had caused the fire,[22] but he later recanted and admitted he started the fire intentionally to signal rescuers. After gathering sticks and brush together, Martinez lit the brush and quickly lost control of the fire because of the heat, low humidity and low moisture content of the surrounding vegetation.

Martinez was charged in federal court on October 7, 2004 with setting the fire and lying about it.[23] In November 2005, a federal judge sentenced Martinez to six months in a work-furlough program and ordered him to complete 960 hours (40 days) of community service.[24] He also was sentenced to five years' probation and to pay $9,000 in restitution.[25] As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors dropped the charge of lying to investigators.[24]

floatn turd

Reaction score

I have less than zero sympathy for these people. (Whoever they are)

They committed a crime with extreme negligence.
No forethought
No afterthought
And it resulted in millions spent, houses lost, property damage, lives ruined and now a death.

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
IMO

rrrr

Reaction score
I have less than zero sympathy for these people. (Whoever they are)

They committed a crime with extreme negligence.
No forethought
No afterthought
And it resulted in millions spent, houses lost, property damage, lives ruined and now a death.

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
IMO

When the baby gets old enough, his grandma should be telling him why Mommy and Daddy are in jail and that he might see them before his fifteenth birthday.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Can't these people be prosecuted for manslaughter now?

X Hoser

Reaction score
From what I've heard both are correction officers. Should they have know better? Maybe? Probably? Are they the same as someone who throws a match into dry brush with the intent to start a fire, I don't believe so. I'm sure the lawsuits are gonna fly blaming the reveal company and the safety of their product. From what I understand they called 911 and are cooperating with authorities. No good outcomes for anyone here, just a big shit sandwich for everyone! RIP to the firefighter and prayers for his family and the family having the baby.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
When I first heard it was a Gender Reveal Event. I thought oh WTF, was it some sort of LGBTQ happening in the hills around Yucaipa? Lol. For real, that's what I actually first thought. Sign of our times, I guess.. . . .

Tragic fire. May the firefighter RIP.