WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who to call for a 26x40 garage build in Ontario?

chvynhra

Reaction score
Who should I call to qoute building a workshop at my dad's place in Ontario? Anyone on the board build steel buildings? Can stick built be done for the same price??

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Who should I call to qoute building a workshop at my dad's place in Ontario? Anyone on the board build steel buildings? Can stick built be done for the same price??
that answer is gonna be no.... but most places won't lt you put up a steel building in re area's.... if you put up stick built the roof and stucco kills the price... if you put up steel, you have to frame walls and do a suspended ceiling to finish off the inside...so the price starts to even out... wind load and snow load drives the price up on steel, and you have to make sure it's calc'd to add the weight of the ceiling

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Frame or Masonry in Phoenix is going to cost between 60.00 to 80.00 per square foot for a 16 foot ceiling shell depending on size. Price will go up from there depending on finishes, electric and plumbing.
I'm sure it will be 20 to 30 or more percent higher in California.

wzuber

Reaction score
have you checked with the bldg dept. to see if they'll allow a steel bldg.? many cities seem to be going away from them. pomona of all places no longer allows steel bldgs. conc. tilt or stick frame only. Your specific locale may be different? Call tuff shed. They built a similar sized garage for a friend of mine near lake elsinor and it was pretty damned cheap for the size from what they told me. ymmv

Rbcconst

Reaction score

I can build you a stick frame garage. As someone has mentioned it is more then a metal building. Also as mentioned you would need to check zoning to see if the metal building is allowed, they typically arent on smaller lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chvynhra

Reaction score
I can build you a stick frame garage. As someone has mentioned it is more then a metal building. Also as mentioned you would need to check zoning to see if the metal building is allowed, they typically arent on smaller lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info guys, I'll call around Monday. He has a half acre in an equestrian zoned area so hopefully that helps.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
My brother recently ordered a garage for his river house. My brother is tighter than a constipated Jew so I imagine that he did research his options thoroughly.

He went with United Carports in Riverside. I believe that he'll be assembling it himself ...and whatever slave labor he can get out of me. o_O

Unitedcarports.com , you can build it and price it on line. Very straightforward. There are some variables that you might have to talk to them about. Family owned, 2 brothers.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I’m doing it right now. I have 5 acres in Murrieta (county pocket). It was 40-50k cheaper for me to do steel vs the stickbuilt. Before the naysayers comment, I have a seamless metal roof and James Hardie siding on the house so stucco and tile weren’t an option for me. I don’t plan on “finishing” the whole inside like some do. It’s a real workshop, not a man cave. I’m also very concerned about fire danger because I’m in an high fire danger area. I’m at 52k for complete 50x40, 14’ top plate, 3 rollups. Hoping to be done by Christmas.
I used Forbes Steel in Phelan