WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who Uses a leaf blower to dry vehicles?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Corded or batteries? I was looking at the Dewalt and Worx models.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Corded or batteries? I was looking at the Dewalt and Worx models.

I use a Makita 4 stroke leaf blower that I've had about 10 years. Thing just works and I don't have to screw with pre-mix.

That being said the battery powered jobs have come a long way and I'm going to add a Stihl battery blower to the arsenal pretty soon here.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I have a battery echo. Supposed to be all that......... my cheap corded echo is way more powerful. And way cheaper.

HitIt

Reaction score
I just got this one. Most powerful electric out there right now. It was hard to spend $300 on a blower but it is freaking awesome. My kids will grab the blower, sit on a skateboard, hit the turbo button, and it pushes them around.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I just got this one. Most powerful electric out there right now. It was hard to spend $300 on a blower but it is freaking awesome. My kids will grab the blower, sit on a skateboard, hit the turbo button, and it pushes them around.

This is the real deal for drying cars. I use my K9II dryer, and it works very well, but isn’t nearly as portable as the Ego. If you like detailing, check out Obsessed Garage. Matt really does have OCD with getting the best products out there. I see a lot of myself in what he does with research and testing, so I try to support him whenever I can. I bought my pressure washing system from him, and I KNOW I’m getting the absolute max out of it because he did all the testing. Best way to turn a $100 pressure washer into $400, but it’s awesome.

Long story long, Matt uses an Ego and is even having his buddy 3D print different nozzles to get the most out of it... He’s that crazy about every piece of the detailing process

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score

I was seriously looking at this, but since I've got too much invested in Makita tools I found a 36v blower (tool only) for $125 and this thing is awesome - it actually torques in your hand when you pull the trigger, but at full boil it goes through the batteries pretty quick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XBU...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
From a bit of research, they say CFM is more important than MPH. Anything over 600 CFM is good.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
From a bit of research, they say CFM is more important than MPH. Anything over 600 CFM is good.
Yes CFM is really the important part. They can increase the velocity by changing the tips out to a smaller size but unless you are using very well designed tips that creates a planar flow pattern, the velocity doesn't mean shit cause it will just creat a bunch of turbulence.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
Deionized water and a leaf blower works good on the Harley's.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was seriously looking at this, but since I've got too much invested in Makita tools I found a 36v blower (tool only) for $125 and this thing is awesome - it actually torques in your hand when you pull the trigger, but at full boil it goes through the batteries pretty quick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XBU02-18V-X2-LXT-Lithium-Ion-36V-Brushless-Cordless-Blower-Tool-Only/223731537594?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That's the same one I recently purchased as I'm trying to convert over to cordless for my yard duties. When our house burned 13 years ago I had to replace all my tools. I'd been happy with my previous Makitas, so they got the nod. 13 years later I'm still using the 13 year old Lithium batteries, so trying to stick with one brand of batts and chargers. Also bought the smaller weed whacker for light lawn duty, still have the Echo SRM225 for the tougher grove weed duties.

I was however disappointed with the heft and redundant "Two Handed" safety nannies on Makita Hedge Trimmers, as occasionally I need to one hand it. Had to opt for a much smaller and lighter Black and Decker. I've ground off the battery size tabs on a couple of tools so I can use any Makita sized batt on any tool if the need arises.
I normally only run the blower on 4, rarely do I need to max it out speed wise. At 4 it runs a long time, longer than I've ever needed in one use.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I really should upgrade from my old leather chamois...lol
Work smarter not harder. 🙂
I've found leaf blowers spread the water rather than remove it so you still got to wipe but the blower blows dust into the water that is still on whatever is getting washed. Hard to beat a chamois and rain boots.

Taboma

Reaction score
I've found leaf blowers spread the water rather than remove it so you still got to wipe but the blower blows dust into the water that is still on whatever is getting washed. Hard to beat a chamois and rain boots.

I just use the blower for blowing water from the grill, mirrors, emblems, places where later it tends to drip. Then proceed with hand drying.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I purchased this thing on Amazon last summer and its perfect. I use it on cars, I bring it when we camp to blow the dirt and dust out of my enclosed trailer and motor-home compartments. Also works great for blowing up the tubes at the river. It gets more use than my gas powered one that I use for my yards.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
What ever you use for your battery powered tools. My 20 volt Dewalt blower kicks ass.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I just take the motor unit off my shop vac and use it as a blower

Nordie

Reaction score
I have the big and small Makita version. The EGO stuff is probably the most powerful I've ever seen though.

20200522_182037.jpg

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I use my Stihl BGA 85 battery powered unit but mostly for the areas that are hard to get the water from then I have a large drying towel that I got from the Chemical Guys that works great.

HitIt

Reaction score
I am fully invested in the Makita stuff and looked at the 36v one as well as the new 18v brushless one they just came out with. I really didnt want another battery system. They work fine and if they do what you need, fantastic.

I wanted a replacement, no sacrifices, from an electric and waited until the Ego that I linked to above came out this year. I have been looking every year for a few years now. It is the first real no compromises gas replacement. $300 is stupid though.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I use the Milwaukee one. Works perfect use it almost daily

CobraDave

Reaction score
I also have the large Milwaukee one. Honestly it works to dry the windows and get water out of the cracks. It doesn’t do very well drying the whole thing. I love the blower though don’t get me wrong.

Now you want an awesome microfiber towel that will dry my 2500 and my wife’s Altima with a single towel?

Here ya go. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
18v Milwaukee. Small version. Every time. Works awesome

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I always use air my air co mpressor. If you have hard water it is much more important to get the water off the vehicles before drying it. I have found that blowing the water off then drying with terry cloth towels works best, hard water or non hard water. Much easier remove to remove small hard water spots than large,

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have a cheap black and decker 40v leaf blower that I use after I dry the car off to get the water that hides in the trim, lights, grill, etc. I don’t dry the car with it, I just get the “drips” that leave streaks sometimes.

That being said, the wife approved a cr spotless car wash system. Won’t have to even dry the car anymore.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I use the blower to get the majority of the water off the body panels then hit it with a mist of Beadmaker then do a final wipe with a super absorbent towel from Adams that my kids got me for Christmas. It makes the car so smooth it’s sexy.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I use the blower to get the majority of the water off the body panels then hit it with a mist of Beadmaker then do a final wipe with a super absorbent towel from Adams that my kids got me for Christmas. It makes the car so smooth it’s sexy.
This. Beadmaker is amazing. Especially if you have the car ceramic coated. Water flies off with the blower.

DLC

Reaction score
We used to use a leaf blower, until we got a big boi....

RichL

Reaction score
Around here we use our Stihl....

To actually blow leaves.

:D

Mikes56

Reaction score
Dewalt with the 60V battery. I use the Griots Ceramic Wax on all my vehicles and toys. The water just beads and runs off with the blower.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I sport a Ryobi full crank 2smoke with a turbo fan attachment. It moves twice as much air as any leaf blower I've ever used.

All y'alls 4strokes and electric blowers can suck it!

But yes, blowers help out quite a bit and almost all my vehicles are black....

95Enforcer

Reaction score
I have the Worx stuff for yard duties and use my 60 gallon air compressor for the cars. Use the air nozzle and a drying towel together so it keeps the water from blowing everywhere after ive dried the car. Use a drying squeegee first before drying.