WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who wants a great dog?

Community

Reaction score
This is Huck. He is 1 yr 4 mo. Was at a shelter in Nor Cal I volunteer at. With the fires we all fostered the animals we had to make room for evacuees' animals. We already have 3 pups and he does great with them, playing etc. Just can't keep him. Not sure the breed, but sleeps well during the night, house trained, walks well on a leash. I can deliver him anywhere between Nor Cal and Phoenix.....818-621-8950

Attachments

• Huck1.jpg
    Huck1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Huck2.jpg
    Huck2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,416

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
That's a cool dog right there. I have 3 80lb dogs already or else I'd be on the road.

Community

Reaction score
He is way cool. Has manners and plays well with a male husky, the two labs are older and occasionally get in the mix, almost too well sometimes with the rough housing. Short haired and I bet he is a great swimmer and would be a good boat dog.

mobldj

Reaction score
stunning pupper,i have 5 right now so im full but someone would be lucky to have this doggo as a best friend !

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looks like a happy pup.....I can't have more than one in the trailer while traveling but would have interest if not.

Someone step up and save the pup....give him a good home

Reactions: DWC

RichL

Reaction score
This is Huck. He is 1 yr 4 mo. Was at a shelter in Nor Cal I volunteer at. With the fires we all fostered the animals we had to make room for evacuees' animals. We already have 3 pups and he does great with them, playing etc. Just can't keep him. Not sure the breed, but sleeps well during the night, house trained, walks well on a leash. I can deliver him anywhere between Nor Cal and Phoenix.....818-621-8950
Awww!

Reaction score
hope he finds a good home. I'm NorCal but I have a dog who doesn't like dogs, yeah I know...

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Huk looks like he could be someone's "best dog ever".. This is how it happens.. I hope someone here takes you up on the offer.

poncho

Reaction score
Pretty much what I have been looking for, in Alaska for 3 more weeks and would have to get him to Boston.
The logistics don't bother me just no clue how I would go about it.

Community, My little Sister lives in Pheonix (Queen Creek) and would keep him for me till I get there.

Made the mistake of sending pictures to my Wife, now she is like "Have you heard anything"

Last edited:

Community

Reaction score
Pretty much what I have been looking for, in Alaska for 3 more weeks and would have to get him to Boston.

Community, My little Sister lives in Pheonix (Queen Creek) and would keep him for me till I get there.

Made the mistake of sending pictures to my Wife, now she is like "Have you heard anything"

I will get him to Queen Creek! Let me see what paperwork will need to be done. Can you call me at 818-621-8950?

poncho

Reaction score
I will get him to Queen Creek! Let me see what paperwork will need to be done. Can you call me at 818-621-8950?
Good morning, just coming on shift, call after rounds...Thank you

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

poncho

Reaction score
Thank you Gary (Community), everything is falling into place for our new family member Huck. This pup is going to be spoiled, we both have missed having a dog around since our last rescue passed, the Wife is over the moon. 👍
He's already my new screensaver at work.
20210915_085538.jpg

Last edited:

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Thank you Gary (Community), everything is falling into place for our new family member Huck. This pup is going to be spoiled, we both have missed having a dog around since our last rescue passed, the Wife is over the moon. 👍
He's already my new screensaver at work. View attachment 1049705
You’re a good man 👍

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Check out Pilots 'n Paws....

poncho

Reaction score
Always enjoyed taking a late day putt around the lake, way more fun with a dog. All of my dogs have loved boating and always end up with dog friends that live on the lake, our rounds usually take a few hours of visiting their Buddy's along the way, one of my great pleasures in life and look forward to having Huck along for the ride. 👍
20210723_202012.jpg

poncho

Reaction score
You are going to uncomfortable in a crate though...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D
Flying out of Alaska for years I have known uncomfortable, told them strap me to the wing if you can get me out of here and home.;)

Last edited:

MRSCOMMUNITY

Reaction score
So glad he found a great home!

poncho

Reaction score
Interesting side note to this deal. About a year ago I saw a picture of a Catahoula on the internet and I was immediately intrigued due to it's size and colors, pretty much checked all the boxes of medium size and a cool looking dog that I had in my head, read up on them and felt that was the right fit.
Researched breeders and rescues for a few hours and couldn't get anywhere so threw in the towel .
When I opened this thread something clicked but at the time I didn't know what it was, now that I've had time to think about Huck reminded me of that search even if he is mixed.
Fate is a funny thing.

17 Catahoula Leopard Dog Mixes That Are Both Beautiful and Unique (loveyourdog.com)

Community

Reaction score
Poncho, was it your thread of a TR 2 needing a new gunnel? Also, spoke with your sister via text. Gonna call her when I am close to give her a heads up. He is going to dinner with myself and my twins at my favorite meixcan joint in LA tomorrow night. Crate and bed are loaded. We will have to reassemble the crate there. Driving a car for mileage. Can you please send me the address he will be registered to, or your wife can send to my mother? Text is fine.

toto

Reaction score
Interesting side note to this deal. About a year ago I saw a picture of a Catahoula on the internet and I was immediately intrigued due to it's size and colors, pretty much checked all the boxes of medium size and a cool looking dog that I had in my head, read up on them and felt that was the right fit.
Researched breeders and rescues for a few hours and couldn't get anywhere so threw in the towel .
When I opened this thread something clicked but at the time I didn't know what it was, now that I've had time to think about Huck reminded me of that search even if he is mixed.
Fate is a funny thing.

17 Catahoula Leopard Dog Mixes That Are Both Beautiful and Unique (loveyourdog.com)
We picked up a rescue Catahoula and she has turned out to be a great dog.
20210301_200731.jpg
20201202_090456.jpg
20210908_065717.jpg

poncho

Reaction score
Huck was dropped off at my Sister's today and she sent me this pic and said he'd just polished off a whole bowl of food, the excitement didn't seem to diminish his appetite.[emoji106]
received_579904229945230.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
that good looking dog has some interesting colors. If your curious about breed ? I've used wisdom panel for my two rescue's and found out they are a mix of 7 different breeds. I gave a copy to there veterinarian, he was kinda amused...

Last edited:

poncho

Reaction score
that good looking dog has some interesting colors. If your curious about breed ? I've used wisdom panel for my two rescue's and found out they are a mix of 7 different breeds. I gave a copy to there veterinarian, he was kinda amused...

Ok,
So I typed in wisdom panel and yep we'll give it a shot, thank you.