WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who was or still is a street racer

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
And I mean legit illegal street racing. Not this bullshit I race the back half of a track on a weekend shit.

both boner and I were obsessed with fast street cars in our 20s and later

I still have a 88mm turbo sn95 mustang that was in a few magazines and pinks all out

Boner aka Taylor had a twin turbo last gen lightning that made 1400 rwhp

We both are retarded on street bikes as well

who else has this illness or did

1615344662368.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
I had been but don't really miss it anymore either, I do miss the track tho

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
Was part of a car club from 93-96...
Tribe out of whittier... meetings on Sundays, cruising whittier, Legg lake... car shows and map point street racing by Montebello Park or in city of industry. Thats why I enjoyed the original fast and furious.. somewhat embellished but most spot on on the ricer circuit. Got lucky one time in whittier.... once me and another racer took off the line....smoked the tires... cherries and berries lit up right after... decided to make a run, but with a lowered car in Montebello side streets, it would have caused so much damage so I pulled over and got an exhibition of speed... got lucky....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

attitude

Reaction score
I used to be when I was younger, I no longer go out to organized meets or races as I feel like my luck is running thin. I’ve only been caught as a spectator and the cop was super cool and just gave me some fix it tickets. I have no issue giving someone a go on the freeway if they line up though.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Do you get extra credit if you ran from the cops and got away?
I’ve never street raced but I’ve been in a high speed chase. Got away, but a few months later, arrested for felony evasion. That was why I didn’t think I would get my ccw. They had me write a statement about it because of course it popped up even though I had it taken off.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You kids must be slow...

I got away in both cars and bikes. Or maybe I'm just lucky...

😎

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No pics, never thought to take any. I had various Fox body mustangs. Usually early "foureyed" cars that got clipped and quarter windows changed out. I could afford them, and would boneyard the upgrades. This was in the mid 90's. I learned to play with nitrous, and chassis setups. Had one car with a -3 line running through the main loom of the harness, 90* nozzle into the egr spacer. With a line lock solenoid to close the return line for the efi, you could run a pretty healthy shot. Stole that idea from Paxton. It made me a fair amount of money, just a dumb kid with a "stock" Mustang. Worked my way up to 2 stage setups, and better transmissions. I miss those days. Stupid, dangerous, but a lot of fun.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Did street racing right out of high school. Had a slow civic but ran it hard. That all stopped when I almost flew off the road when I lost control racing a mustang on the Santa Susan pass at the turn at Rocky Peak Church. Lost control on the turn but recovered. If I would have went over it would have been at least 100-200 foot drop.

traquer

Reaction score
Good memories! I got into it in high school but I was a ricer so I wasn't fast. My fastest car was an AWD eclipse that might have done 12's but I blew the motor and sold it before I could get it to the track

Since I didn't have money to go fast I decided to get into canyon racing and that's what I did in College. I have some pretty gnarly footage I will have to dig up. Think 110mph downhill on that straight section on frontside GMR with the bumps

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Had a 383 before they were cool in a 74 Vega. Turbo 400, 12 bolt posi, 4.10 and a 150 shot of NOS. Cruised the Orange Mall, did most of our street racing in Anaheim off Lakeview and La Palma. OCIR on Wednesday nights, Whittier a few times were I usually got my ass beat, Van Nuys a few times, Market Street in Riverside on occasion. No jail time. 1 fix it ticket for exhaust gasket leak. 3 piece header flange was a bitch to keep sealed at the head.
2016-07-04 12.08.58.jpg

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And I mean legit illegal street racing. Not this bullshit I race the back half of a track on a weekend shit.

both boner and I were obsessed with fast street cars in our 20s and later

I still have a 88mm turbo sn95 mustang that was in a few magazines and pinks all out

Boner aka Taylor had a twin turbo last gen lightning that made 1400 rwhp

We both are retarded on street bikes as well

who else has this illness or did

View attachment 980432

That is a good looking Fairmont!

4Waters

Reaction score
I'll name a few streets . I visited on occasion , with a 67 camaro . Wentworth and San Fernando . Plus a few others in , Gardena and Ontario .
Early to mid 80's .
Glenoaks/Peoria, Coldwater/Saticoy, Canoga/Lassen (Same street as Cole Boats), Canoga/Plummer, Nordoff/Mason, Valley Circle/Vanowen and "The Road"

Mototrig

Reaction score
I flagged a few times on Argosy st in HB after midnight. Nothing too crazy. One car I remember was a 60's Biscayne with a BBC and a Lenko 3 lever shift trans. I had an '89 foxbody and a buddy had an IROC that was usually pretty fast.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Yep been there, done that. The box factory in Sante fe springs, Little alameda, long alleys, shoemaker rd. to name a few. We used to meet At the Winchell's donut shop on Abbot and Atlantic or the grocery store parking lot Orangethorpe and Brookhurst to pass the bail bag and negotiate the terms of the races.

rrrr

Reaction score
South Eubank Blvd in Albuquerque was isolated, and where it dead ended into a gate on Sandia Base that was closed all night, the street racers congregated. Sometimes there were 30 or 40 cars there. The cops didn't come out that way very often, I guess because there wasn't anyone around to complain.

I raced my '73 T/A occasionally. It did OK, the 455 was putting out about 410 HP with the mods it had. That was a lot of HP in 1973.

Last edited:

robert1050

Reaction score
I had a 70 440 Six Pack 'cuda with a 727 & 4:10 Dana.
20210309_224040.jpg

Used to hang out at Bob's Big Boy in Westchester racing on Pershing Dr. I hung out with a regular group. We would do Whittier Blvd, Van Nuys Blvd, the Strand in Redondo Beach, OCIR, Terminal Island and any place in the South Bay or San Fernando Valley and never got busted. This was from the late 70's thru the mid 80's.

Made some mag covers too.
20210309_224040.jpg
20210309_223702.jpg

Knew Big Willie, Smitty @ Service Center, Camelot, a bunch of people......

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Early 80's to early 90's Ontario (Rockefeller, G street, Victoria, Double Day), Chino (met up at Del Taco on Riverside Dr), Riverside (cruised Market met up near Castle park on Magnolia) , Covina (meet up was grand and Arrow I think), LaVerne (foothill in n out), Rowland Heights (met up off of Fairway). I can't remember all of the exact streets we raced at for the places we traveled. We also raced at Riverside Raceway, Carlsbad, LACR and briefly at Terminal island and Pomona. I ran with a small group that I still stay in touch with.

Back then a 12 second car was respectable and 10's were fast.

dougstang.jpg

JohnvsmikeRiverside.jpg

beigetorino2.jpg

The Sleeper
Sleepertd.jpg

10486217_942954535736303_1032219905841462036_n.jpg

86LX6.jpg
stanglxparked.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My car was just a few inches off the ground so going left and right at high rates of speed was my thing. Did drag/street race for fun a couple times but my little 4 banger with dual sidedraft webers could not match up with 2 1/2 times the displacement...however, that displacement couldn't keep up on the winding roads, even if they had red and blue lights on🤣

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I was very religious when I started driving.

Tortilla Flats leading up to Canyon Lake and through to Apache Lake was my church.

This was my bible:
DE1B9CC7-A259-495D-A4C0-74514F138F9B.jpeg

I still have the old sleds from my early 20s.
5B91D1B4-B5C3-439F-9BB5-115785CB1209.jpeg

@Blackmagic94 what did you think of Pinks All Out? I was on season 1 and the season 2 finale when it was just called “Pinks”. I thought the host was a real douchebag.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
Use to go to ontario early 90s i had a gsxr 750 use to give some guys a good run on other bikes but there were some fast cars.My boss was best friends with jr and dirty ronny going way back too.

As for running from cops done that a few times nothing like driving between 2 sheriff cars as they blocked a street people were racing on and another from hb pd on a wekend.Too old for that now.

Riverblender

Reaction score
Use to go to ontario early 90s i had a gsxr 750 use to give some guys a good run on other bikes but there were some fast cars.My boss was best friends with jr and dirty ronny going way back too.

As for running from cops done that a few times nothing like driving between 2 sheriff cars as they blocked a street people were racing on and another from hb pd on a wekend.Too old for that now.

Jr and Dirty Ronny they were legends wherever I went growing up Here is a few More Baseball Bill, Big Bill, Boyd, Vince and nI**er Mark, the Gypsy's I spent many nights at Santa Fe & Del Amo, Rockwell, Phoebe, Shoemaker, Fullerton airport, Philadelphia LA Palma, Bolsa, Manville.

robert1050

Reaction score
Jr and Dirty Ronny they were legends wherever I went growing up Here is a few More Baseball Bill, Big Bill, Boyd, Vince and nI**er Mark, the Gypsy's I spent many nights at Santa Fe & Del Amo, Rockwell, Phoebe, Shoemaker, Fullerton airport, Philadelphia LA Palma, Bolsa, Manville.

I knew ni****er Mark also - he came with an entire entourage from South Central. We also ran Santa Fe & Del Amo on Sunday afternoons for test & tune. My best friend was Tarkus in his Mustang.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I was to poor to have a race car, but my friend wasn't.

69 Chevelle 396 with a rock crusher trans. Sat in the passenger seat on many races. Usually, Telegraph in Detroit. Was $100 a race back then in 81 ish.

We went up to Gratiot and ran some cars, but it seamed like when we would go up there he broke something. We were racing a hemi Cuda when we threw a rod. Scared the shit out of me. Next day he ordered a 454 crate.

My first engine I helped rebuild was the 396. I did help him with the 454, but he got a new girl friend and would work on it when she wasn't there. He knocked her up and he had to sell the Chevelle. Only did one race with him with the 454. Jesus it was fast.

BONER

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and one more thing.......

ON THE STREET, OR ON MY MEAT!

Apex svt

Reaction score

That truck hurt alot of feelings.

Don’t remember seeing this L. See you ditched the 2v, was it a 4.6 or 5.4 replacement? Always digged the look of the ls coils going into the plug holes.

Badass ride for sure. You have a handle on svtp?

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score

I ran OCIR mainly in the 80's but would venture out onto the street on occasion. I was friends with Boyd and would run around with him, his super sleeper Nova was much faster then my 68 Fairlane. Watched him make some pretty big money until his car got real well known. Did get to watch some real big dollar races go down back then with the LA legends of street racing, was a fun time.

Fast forward I am not into drag racing at all, I do have a tuned exotic that will run high 9's according to draggy and I really enjoy taking that car out for a spin. My dad still owns the 66 Fairlane he regularly ran at OCIR back in the 70's and 80's and he runs that car frequently in division 6 in central Oregon

Last edited:

renodaytona

Reaction score
Never got into the muscle cars as they were out of my price range, I did have a pretty fast AWD eagle talon with a big turbo, cams, etc. Took it to Sac a few times and whooped up on quite a few at the street races and at the track.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

That truck hurt alot of feelings.

God damn it hurt some feelings for sure. 600s then the 1k bikes after they thought they could hang. That dipshit George with his turbo 600 whp civic turbo.

hell he just left from the freeway and never came back after the first roll race

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Don’t remember seeing this L. See you ditched the 2v, was it a 4.6 or 5.4 replacement? Always digged the look of the ls coils going into the plug holes.

Badass ride for sure. You have a handle on svtp?
Hahahahha fuck Lightning Larry. He banned me in the hot girlfriend thread for calling a dudes fat girlfriend fat lol

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I had some good times in Ontario and the occasional trip to Compton in the late 90s. I did race some but I already had enough brushes with the law at 18 and didn’t want more. I was more of a spectator. I still live vicariously through guys like CSU Kevin though 😎
Here was my first car, it was an easy mid/low 11 second car post high school and then I kept going from there what it eventually became.
6F973973-7EE5-4AF0-B343-E28153E4FC0C.jpeg
96EF213F-E86D-4E93-ADBD-F376C3056EA5.jpeg
6DB3E6E6-01F7-4789-B515-AA5CB9387130.jpeg