WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who Was The 1st RDP Member That You Met In Person????

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
First I met was RiverDave himself probably 8 or 9 years ago. He busts into the Nautical Inn registration area and says "which one of you fockers is BeerMaker?" I say me. He goes "damn, you weren't shitting about bringing out a full truck load of beer!"

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
First I met was RiverDave himself probably 8 or 9 years ago. He busts into the Nautical Inn registration area and says "which one of you fockers is BeerMaker?" I say me. He goes "damn, you weren't shitting about bringing out a full truck load of beer!"
Was that the 2nd annual after party at la vita dolce? Truck bed was full of beer out in the parking lot?

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

My wife and I met Jeff and Angie (Sportin' Wood and Mrs. Sportin' Wood) when we pulled into the parking lot at the Avi for the 2004 Classic Boat Beach Bash. They were standing next to their Hallett.

But we were all HotBoat peeps back then. RDP was just the subject of drunken conversation in those days. :D

The CBBB was a great event.

Yes, it was. You guys were the first people we met also! Fun memories.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I met RD, t&y, Keymiester, River Runnin and Jeep Dog all the same morning. It wasn't for fun and games, but helped reaffirm my faith in people. Only RDPeeps I've met so far, but not done with the river yet either ;)

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I met RD, t&y, Keymiester, River Runnin and Jeep Dog all the same morning. It wasn't for fun and games, but helped reaffirm my faith in people. Only RDPeeps I've met so far, but not done with the river yet either ;)

Well I met the irrepressible RD at the last OP6C event.
If I remember correctly he had a cast on his wrist due to a flip flop malfunction chasing some hoodlums at his house at the Keys. :D

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Hard to believe this thread is from 2016. LOL

The first people I met were RiverLynchMob, Nord, & Hammer at the RDP booth at Desert Storm in 2012. They were setting up the booth.

Sent From Tapatalk

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Met RD at one of the Tom Papp memorials at Elsinore somewhere around 2009 ish? I had just joined SCJB.com and went out to meet up with some of them. Mid-morning and RD and I are walking in opposite directions, each alone, and we exchange hellos. I am holding 2 unopened Coors lights, and this total stranger says "hey, can I have one of those?" LOL. Hard to believe I know. Still don't know why I let him have one.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... I met Andy Herbert probably around 1960 when I was 15... now that I think about it was Andy just on Hot Boat or was he also on RDP???...

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
It's awesome to see this thread come back.

old rigger

Reaction score
@RiverDave, met him a few years before he started this site up in Big Bear. He and his buddies came there to buy a bare hull I had stashed away.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I met most of the people I know on here when some of us were on Hot Boat. I can't really pinpoint who it was though that was the first one I met. I think I remember, but they are not on here any longer.

Riverhound

Reaction score
RiverRacerx, Froggystyle and RiverDave at one of the OP6C events long before RDP.com existed.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
In 1998 I am at Fox’s with my Hallett tied off in the upriver inside position. The party is raging! At some point..... I look out at my brand NEW Hallett and some prick has tied a 21’ Nordic to it. However, when I go over to check out the tie-up, I am impressed with the care taken with my boat. Then this dude comes up and asks me if the Hallett is mine? I ask is that your Nordic?

That is how Riverdave and I first met and we have been great friends ever since!!!! Too many memories too list! Some funny shit too.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I went to my first Howard Regatta in 08, and at the drivers meeting I had no idea where I was going. So this pretty good sized guy came up to me and said do you need some help. It was Kap, treated me and my wife well. Later that night we ended up in the elevator at London Bridge and he said you guys clean up good. Wife and I cracked up. At the banquet he asked us to join the table, then everyone at the table won a prize except me and the wife. So Kap goes over to a vendor he knew and brought over hats and shirts.

That’s who I met first, so Kap if you are reading this thanks again for making us feel welcome.

Ray

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
It was RD I believe. I know when he moved in up the street from me but I may have meet him at some early RDP event, just not sure when it might have been.

farmo83

Reaction score
I'm sure it was it was texasjet or devilman at welchfest one year although I didn't know they was an inmates at the time.