WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who was the wooden gazebo kit guy on here?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Phone number? Need to find one for over our spa.

Thx, Walt

yard dog

Reaction score
Sam's Club has a 12 x 10 for 1500 in BHC .

charlyox

Reaction score
I just bought this one at SAMS club for$1499. It is 10X12. .
IMG_3713.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

charlyox

Reaction score
That the one I pick up today .

Are you going to assemble it yourself? I was going to but I read the reviews and it looks like a pain in the ass. SAMS wanted $500 to assemble it. I called the number on the instructions and they only charge $375. I put some Thompson’s water seal on it and they are coming Friday to put it together for me. It is too hot and I wouldn’t ask my friends to bust their ass in the heat here.

yard dog

Reaction score
Are you going to assemble it yourself? I was going to but I read the reviews and it looks like a pain in the ass. SAMS wanted $500 to assemble it. I called the number on the instructions and they only charge $375. I put some Thompson’s water seal on it and they are coming Friday to put it together for me. It is too hot and I wouldn’t ask my friends to bust their ass in the heat here.

I was going ask you the same question , I am going try my self I think key part is laying out the all the parts by each assemble step . My only concern is doing roof if it's windy and that always windy up in BHC foothills .

lantz

Reaction score
I bought one from Costco with four roof panels not just an A-frame roof and reviews said you needed four people to raise the roof panels. It took four of us. Everything else I did myself. It did help to completely unpack the boxes and lay things out and count screws/bolts/nuts/brackets before starting each stage. It took me several days though. Then it took a few weeks to get rid of the cardboard from the boxes in my weekly curbside pick up bins. IMO. $375 is a fair price if they are putting it together in a single day and hauling away all the packaging. It was a fun project though.

spectras only

Reaction score
I did my 10X14 in two days by myself, bought from Costco. Only needed my son giving me hand lifting the four upper beams to attach.Every piece fit together perfectly!
I stained all the pieces before install.This video shows the 12X16 pergola. I preferred the open desing with canopy over the solid roof because we do get gusty winds whip up out of the blue. Our motorized awning has a wind sensor and remote for this reason as well.
Breeze 6 six posts in the video above
Picture
imageService

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Breeze Pergola Features:
  • Made in Canada
  • Made with 100% western red cedar
  • Notched and pre-drilled girders
  • Notched and pre-marked joist
  • 4 red cedar post 14 cm x 14 cm (5.5 in. x 5.5 in.)
  • 4 sets of post skirting manufactured from Western red cedar to conceal post mount hardware included
  • Hardware and illustrated instructions included
  • Post mounts: Not included. Member must provide post mounts
  • Assembly time is approximately 6-7 hours for 2 persons depending on skill level, technical assistance available through manufacturer’s customer service helpline
  • Product ships unstained and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look
  • Tools required for assembly: Screw gun, 1/8 in. and 3/8 in. drill bits, tape measure, level, hammer, work gloves, safety glasses and a utility knife
Retractable Canopy Features:
  • Dual track system
  • Independent laterally tensioned tracking wheels
  • Fixed magnetic tracking wheel housing ensures canopy fabrics stay together when retracted
  • Black anodized rust proof aluminum tracks and wings
  • Black plastic injected molded rust proof tracking wheels and bearings
  • Acrylic-coated polyester marine fabric
  • Highly water repellent
  • Pull handle with marine grade pull rope
Spécifications :
Overall dimensions 12 ft. x 16 ft. pergola with 6 posts
  • Outside height: 2.7 m (9 ft.)
  • Outside post to post depth: 3.7 m (12 ft.)
  • Outside post to post width: 4.9 m (16 ft.)
Overall dimensions 12 ft. x 20 ft. pergola with 6 posts
  • Outside height: 2.7 m (9 ft.)
  • Outside post to post depth: 3.7 m (12 ft.)
  • Outside post to post width: 6.1 m (20 ft.)
  • Warranty:
  • 1 year on structure for defects in manufacturing and workmanship
Model: BZ1216WRC / BZ1220WRC

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
C32383FB-FC94-4B44-934F-CB30D81DD688.jpeg
That’s a pretty cool in the price, but as the price is right, long-term maintenance depending upon the climate could kill you. In the southwest United States are along the coastline I wouldn’t give it 24 months and I look like hell. Been there done that, but in the mountains it’ll probably look fabulous.

I’m going to do a separate RDP post this weekend for our open house in Las Vegas, for 4K aluminum is Saturday June 29, 2019.

I’ll have it all posted by this weekend. We will have refreshments and a built unit along with a river Dave special.

All RDP members will receive contractors price on material ( panels excluded) until August 1.

I would recommend bringing a drawing of what you’re looking for make sure this includes the anticipated height and your dimensions something align 10 x 15 20 x 20 10 x 10. Our support post are 8‘10‘ and 12 feet. Most every standard design is pre-engineered, All at the Nevada 122 mph wind standard.

License contractors contact me personally at [email protected] for a contractors only showing late next week.

Also that day will be our engineer here to discuss construction techniques and any questions you may have.

We have a banner ad on RDP. Material has 20 year powder coat guarantee once you put it up you basically hose it to clean it off no maintenance and no exposed screws or bolts, no plastic parts.

More to follow later this week we’re located just a few blocks from McCarran airport. There will be a $300 gift certificate drawing towards the purchase for anyone that shows up that day.

bring your business cards to go in for a drawing!

My decorative laser cut aluminum panels are at the port now I’m anticipating having them by this week and they will be in the warehouse for the grand opening. Look at the brochure on our website.

there’s no one that we are aware of in the western United States producing panels like this, and we will sell them at about 50% less than any under the manufacture.
All of this is it aircraft alloy at least T6 hardness, this is no joke stuff it’s not going to flex like Aluma wood or the other rollform aluminum products on the market.

Photo shows the entire load for a 25‘ x 25‘ unit that we can take six panels, will be installed at our house next week.

Www.4kaluminum.com

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
boatpi, your product seems to be top notch. Are you going to have distribution in Canada as well? Looks to be the perfect product for contemporary homes here in the Okanagan too.

boatpi

Reaction score
Thanks dude, you know I’ve been to your part of the country many many times and love it. Did a little wine tasting on the Okangan.

If you know anybody in this sort of business we would be open to direct container sales for panels only into Canada.
so send them my way if you happen to know someone we could discuss it.

briefly on these panels, right now they’re all 4 x 8’ but in a few months we will have them 5’ x 10’. Our closest competitor is in Colorado Springs and they make a fabulous product for twice the price! Not to mention ours is a superior alloy and we have twice the guarantee on the powder coat. We’re gonna be taking a 4 x 8‘ panel and put it between 25 foot post in the ground as yard art next week also I’ll post the photo.

For now we’re not playing anything up in Canada but we truly anticipate this going well towards the end of the year and if it does we have another family member that would be interesting in opening a location in California. Long-term goal as were considering the corona area. Perhaps as early as the second quarter of 2020.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm afraid to put anything wood(unpainted) up in Havasu. Just seems like splinterville to me.
I might be overthinking it, dunno.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
View attachment 765582 That’s a pretty cool in the price, but as the price is right, long-term maintenance depending upon the climate could kill you. In the southwest United States are along the coastline I wouldn’t give it 24 months and I look like hell. Been there done that, but in the mountains it’ll probably look fabulous.

I’m going to do a separate RDP post this weekend for our open house in Las Vegas, for 4K aluminum is Saturday June 29, 2019.

I’ll have it all posted by this weekend. We will have refreshments and a built unit along with a river Dave special.

All RDP members will receive contractors price on material ( panels excluded) until August 1.

I would recommend bringing a drawing of what you’re looking for make sure this includes the anticipated height and your dimensions something align 10 x 15 20 x 20 10 x 10. Our support post are 8‘10‘ and 12 feet. Most every standard design is pre-engineered, All at the Nevada 122 mph wind standard.

License contractors contact me personally at [email protected] for a contractors only showing late next week.

Also that day will be our engineer here to discuss construction techniques and any questions you may have.

We have a banner ad on RDP. Material has 20 year powder coat guarantee once you put it up you basically hose it to clean it off no maintenance and no exposed screws or bolts, no plastic parts.

More to follow later this week we’re located just a few blocks from McCarran airport. There will be a $300 gift certificate drawing towards the purchase for anyone that shows up that day.

bring your business cards to go in for a drawing!

My decorative laser cut aluminum panels are at the port now I’m anticipating having them by this week and they will be in the warehouse for the grand opening. Look at the brochure on our website.

there’s no one that we are aware of in the western United States producing panels like this, and we will sell them at about 50% less than any under the manufacture.
All of this is it aircraft alloy at least T6 hardness, this is no joke stuff it’s not going to flex like Aluma wood or the other rollform aluminum products on the market.

Photo shows the entire load for a 25‘ x 25‘ unit that we can take six panels, will be installed at our house next week.

Www.4kaluminum.com

I have asked this before, but are you going to have solid panels available? That really is the only thing stopping me from getting one of these for my house in Havasu.

hallett21

Reaction score
Vegas for the 29th? I have a lot of customers for alumawood. Might be a good product to add.

I like anything we can hide our wires in [emoji1303][emoji1303]

charlyox

Reaction score
Does yours have a solid roof as well?

It does have a metal roof It also has electrical outlets.
The recusal a lot of the bolts get stripped easily and some of the holes aren’t drilled very good.

boatpi

Reaction score
E3475CEC-5886-4E0C-A50E-18E4225677C4.jpeg
454DFD2B-EC48-43B5-9C95-D638102514B6.jpeg
879060A1-C77A-4D18-BB26-18153623BDE6.jpeg
A5AD1804-A3A3-47AF-B575-DDDD4FAF9FE9.jpeg
1. Solid panels are at the port now, they will be here next week with all of my end caps.

2. No solid roof but if you place the 2” or 3” square ‘slats’ you will have 85% shade if they’re 2 inches apart plus you can barbecue below and ventilate up solid covers cannot do this safely.

3. You could run any kind of low-voltage wire you want inside of this it could be fixed through the entire structure even the beams can be laid midsection sideways with LED lights inserted and drilled into the beams.

We design it specifically this way since there’s not much rain in the southwest United States yet people want their furniture to have shade and the barbecues to have shade this is the point of this product plus it is so modern and so clean.

Location for June 29th is 6325 s. Pecos rd #14 and 15, Las Vegas 89120.

I would do a separate posting by the end of the week.

Industry people and licensed contractors only even if out of state email me directly for a different invitation for Friday June28 in Las Vegas.

And good news, unlike California if I sell to an out-of-state contractor that has a resale license, and they complete the resale form in Nevada there will be no sales tax if you pick it up here in Las Vegas, and take it to anywhere including Lake Havasu!!

I just took these photos three minutes ago. the photo at the bottom is our soon to be patented beam connector. this receives the huge beams for a smooth finish the post goes on the inner portion of this screws and bolts to the inside of the beam connector. All sections if necessary gets extruded aluminum powder coated caps no plastic whatsoever!

Depend upon the size you want are the look the beams are 2 x 4 2 x 6 or 2 x 8 the posts that hold the structure up with her for post or one so I bolted to the wall of the house eight to post to design our 4 inch and 6 inch.

A photo of the third from the top shows a 4 inch post for shipping inside of a 6 inch post. All with a slightly textured matte powder coated finish so it doesn’t show dust or fingerprints as much as the typical glossy finish.

charlyox

Reaction score
Got my Gazebo put up yesterday. I let the installers do it. It was a pain in the ass. They had to go to ACE hardware to get some long bolts because the ones that came with it kept breaking. I could have never done it.
IMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3829.jpg

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Got my Gazebo put up yesterday. I let the installers do it. It was a pain in the ass. They had to go to ACE hardware to get some long bolts because the ones that came with it kept breaking. I could have never done it. View attachment 767048 View attachment 767050

Is it attached to the floor? My brothers wasn’t initially and with the high winds of BHC blew over and damaged some glass and the structure itself.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Got my Gazebo put up yesterday. I let the installers do it. It was a pain in the ass. They had to go to ACE hardware to get some long bolts because the ones that came with it kept breaking. I could have never done it. View attachment 767048 View attachment 767050

Can you PM me the number you called to get it setup? Also, was this the ine from Sam's or Costco?

charlyox

Reaction score
I got it an SAMS. I sent you a message.

charlyox

Reaction score
Is it attached to the floor? My brothers wasn’t initially and with the high winds of BHC blew over and damaged some glass and the structure itself.

Mine isn’t anchored. I asked the installer about and he said it weighs about 700 lbs. He has one too and lives in Vegas and his has never moved. I am still thinking about anchoring it because I live in FORT MOHAVE and it gets windy as hell here too.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Mine isn’t anchored. I asked the installer about and he said it weighs about 700 lbs. He has one too and lives in Vegas and his has never moved. I am still thinking about anchoring it because I live in FORT MOHAVE and it gets windy as hell here too.

It won’t fly away but it will flip over and damage itself or anything in its way. The top becomes like a sail. It was one of those windstorms right before the monsoon hit. Worth a couple of dollars to secure the 4 post to the ground.

spectras only

Reaction score
Yeah, anchor that sucker down. 700 lbs isn't enough against strog gusts of wind to stay put. I've anchored my pergola to my deck and it's also about 700lbs but it's a open top. If I'm not out under it, I pull the canopy in.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
This is on our agenda maybe as soon as next summer. We will be pouring new new concrete for the build. Should we do concrete footings or steel anchors brackets and concrete screws?

spectras only

Reaction score
if you have new concrete poured, use galvanized brackets and lag bolts. Pre-drill the holes using plastic inserts for the bolts. You'd need concrete footings if placing your structure on dirt, like for posts building a fence.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
if you have new concrete poured, use galvanized brackets and lag bolts. Pre-drill the holes using plastic inserts for the bolts. You'd need concrete footings if placing your structure on dirt, like for posts building a fence.

Thanks!

boatpi

Reaction score
So these should have an engineering sheet included in the instructions, if so it should show how to anchor it down.

FYI in most states this is a structure and must have a building permit and a sheet detailing construction. probably good inexpensive unit but it’s all in how you anchor it down.

Keep in mind if you go to sell your house or you have an insurance claim and there is an unpermitted structures on the property, you could have a mess on your hands.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
View attachment 765642 View attachment 765643 View attachment 765644 View attachment 765645 1. Solid panels are at the port now, they will be here next week with all of my end caps.

2. No solid roof but if you place the 2” or 3” square ‘slats’ you will have 85% shade if they’re 2 inches apart plus you can barbecue below and ventilate up solid covers cannot do this safely.

3. You could run any kind of low-voltage wire you want inside of this it could be fixed through the entire structure even the beams can be laid midsection sideways with LED lights inserted and drilled into the beams.

We design it specifically this way since there’s not much rain in the southwest United States yet people want their furniture to have shade and the barbecues to have shade this is the point of this product plus it is so modern and so clean.

Location for June 29th is 6325 s. Pecos rd #14 and 15, Las Vegas 89120.

I would do a separate posting by the end of the week.

Industry people and licensed contractors only even if out of state email me directly for a different invitation for Friday June28 in Las Vegas.

And good news, unlike California if I sell to an out-of-state contractor that has a resale license, and they complete the resale form in Nevada there will be no sales tax if you pick it up here in Las Vegas, and take it to anywhere including Lake Havasu!!

I just took these photos three minutes ago. the photo at the bottom is our soon to be patented beam connector. this receives the huge beams for a smooth finish the post goes on the inner portion of this screws and bolts to the inside of the beam connector. All sections if necessary gets extruded aluminum powder coated caps no plastic whatsoever!

Depend upon the size you want are the look the beams are 2 x 4 2 x 6 or 2 x 8 the posts that hold the structure up with her for post or one so I bolted to the wall of the house eight to post to design our 4 inch and 6 inch.

A photo of the third from the top shows a 4 inch post for shipping inside of a 6 inch post. All with a slightly textured matte powder coated finish so it doesn’t show dust or fingerprints as much as the typical glossy finish.

I'm looking forward to learning more about your gazebo systems and kits!

boatpi

Reaction score
C5E228AC-AA70-4022-A635-62F26B70A898.jpeg
I have been super busy. Here is next weekends flyer. We open Monday July I will update our rdp posting tomorrow am.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Guys
I am getting a gazebo next week. My question is -
Did you guys put concrete anchors in or braces?

Thanks

CigAjerk

Reaction score
Guys
I am getting a gazebo next week. My question is -
Did you guys put concrete anchors in or braces?

Thanks

Got the costco cedar 12x14. I originally made 2'x2'x2' footings, was much easier to level and square the gazebo. Used wedge anchors into each footing...sumbitch wasn't going anywhere but then decided I would rather have a bar under the gazebo with a full wall on the west side to block the sun. The old lady didn't like the idea of fully blocking her sunsets so I added some window openings to either side of the TV.
puaS5TMcQuefGczEaf6_MA.jpg
pV5UricOSI6kr94MRadmbw.jpg
TFJkxlSgSj2YfOv915BUGQ.jpg
VrXSk9O3RFOCV3n-TYoFUw.jpg

boatpi

Reaction score
241BF07D-2410-42B8-869B-D17F4C4CD055.jpeg
5627DD93-D86B-45F0-B0AE-9DDE0F357DCA.jpeg
FYI;’we just completed this 20’ X 20’, 4 , 6” posts with 6” beams, all aluminum on a concrete pad.

Engineered to 97mph wind Nevada standards. No screws aside from a few at the bottom of each post. Just hose off, all powder coat, end caps for modern design are solid extruded aluminum as well.