WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who would you ride with- Ken Block or Travis Pastrana

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
So bored watching videos and this question came up. IF you had a choice who would you ride with? Ken Block or Travis? I think either one would scare the shit out of me but I’m thinking Ken. He doesn’t crash as much.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Ken Block for sure. Travis' goal always seems to be to do the craziest stuff. If it works... great, if it doesn't... crash. LOL

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
All depends...what car and what track?
Ken if Hoonicorn has a passenger seat...
Probably Travis in dirt...

Near death experiences I've had lead me to think Hoonicorn and Ken on asphalt would scare the hell out of me, on dirt he's more fluid, almost like a Sunday drive.

Dirt, Travis may wad up, but before that you'd be amped on adrenaline...

Either one would be cool though...my life insurance is paid up.

rrrr

Reaction score
Your going to crash on a straightaway.

Danica Patrick finished in the top ten at Indy in six of her seven starts between 2005-2011, including a 4th place finish as a 23 year old rookie. She also had seven top ten race finishes in her rookie season.

At one point during her IndyCar career, she ran three consecutive seasons without a DNF. She finished in the championship top ten six times, and won over $8M in prize money during her eight year run.

Danica was a damn good racer in IndyCar. She had to put up with the press and fans hounding her every minute at the track, and still turned in good results. She didn't put up with any bullshit from other drivers, and was ruthlessly criticized for her "attitude." She didn't do anything that other male drivers have done, except they were called "tough" and "racers", she was called a bitch.

She didn't do anything in NASCAR, but neither did IndyCar champions and multiple 500 winners Dario Franchitti and Juan Pablo Montoya. It's a tough transition. But she got rich there, and took criticism for it. I say eff the critics, she didn't get the results she wanted, but she fought hard while taking a lot of shit. She's a racer, and a good one.

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Patrick finished in the top ten at Indy in six of her seven starts between 2005-2011, including a 4th place finish as a 23 year old rookie. She also had seven top ten race finishes in her rookie season.

At one point during her IndyCar career, she ran three consecutive seasons without a DNF. She finished in the championship top ten six times, and won over $8M in prize money during her eight year run.

Danica was a damn good racer in IndyCar. She had to put up with the press and fans hounding her every minute at the track, and still turned in good results. She didn't put up with any bullshit from other drivers, and was ruthlessly criticized for her "attitude." She didn't do anything that other male drivers have done, except they were called "tough" and "racers", she was called a bitch.

She didn't do anything in NASCAR, but neither did IndyCar champions and multiple 500 winners Dario Franchitti and Juan Pablo Montoya. It's a tough transition. But she got rich there, and took criticism for it. I say eff the critics, she didn't get the results she wanted, but she fought hard while taking a lot of shit. She's a racer, and a good one.
I totally disagree... Montoya did something no one else had done in the Cup series. He took out the jet dryer!

beerrun

Reaction score
Our son raced with Travis in the mint 400 a few years ago everyone was saying the odds were they wouldn't finish the first lap and my son was crazy for getting in the truck with him. My wife went to Travis before the start and told him if you hurt my baby don't come back 😁 they finished 4th

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Our son raced with Travis in the mint 400 a few years ago everyone was saying the odds were they wouldn't finish the first lap and my son was crazy for getting in the truck with him. My wife went to Travis before the start and told him if you hurt my baby don't come back 😁 they finished 4th
Now THAT’S a reputation. 😄

wallnutz

Reaction score
I used to have a video of Travis riding with Matt Crafton jumping off the top of Oldsmobile hill. He had his eyes closed the whole time.

X Hoser

Reaction score
So bored watching videos and this question came up. IF you had a choice who would you ride with? Ken Block or Travis? I think either one would scare the shit out of me but I’m thinking Ken. He doesn’t crash as much.
Good observation! Ken for me.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Seems Travis is aging into a solid racer, his success in desert and now the water has got him learning his own boundaries it seems. He seems to realize his worth is no longer in stupid acts as much as it’s in his abilities, i would no doubt be comfortable riding in most anything with today’s Travis.

Five years ago........ no thank you!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You're going to crash on a straightaway.
Thats fine
Right? She's got a great rear bumper to repeatedly bump into🤗
Screenshot_20210818-085930_Chrome.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
She's hot, but she's an arrogant, self centered bitch.
Watch the documentary that was done on her in 2017 - she's not a nice person.
I truly believe a lot of highly motivated and/or successful people come across that way.

rrrr

Reaction score
She's hot, but she's an arrogant, self centered bitch.
Watch the documentary that was done on her in 2017 - she's not a nice person.

One of my best friends in the IndyCar world was Danica's spotter. He had been a spotter for years before they became a team. If anyone would know about her attitude and demeanor, it was him.

He told me she was no different than any other highly focused driver. Danica had plenty to prove, and if you read my post above, you'll find she did just fine in that regard. The critics were relentless.

At Indy in 2007, my team's garage was next to Danica's, and on the other side of our garage was the entrance to the restroom. When Danica left her garage to hit the restroom, there were literally almost a hundred media and fans following her on the 100' walk. It was ridiculous and relentless, and that's what she had to deal with for the first five years or so.

In the years I was around her, I never saw her lose her temper or be rude to anyone. Well, except the time Penske driver Ryan Briscoe ran into her in the pits during the Indy 500 and took her out of the race when she was again running in the top five. She climbed out of her car, marched down the pitlane, and gave him a well deserved MF'ing. She was skewered for that, but A.J. Foyt and many other.drivers would have done the exact same thing.

When she won her only IndyCar victory in 2008, the haters repeatedly pointed out it was done on fuel mileage and therefore didn't count. But when Alexander Rossi won Indy in 2016 on the exact same strategy (his last laps were turned at less than 170 MPH), Rossi and his race strategist Brian Herta were hailed as geniuses.

Like I said above, Patrick was a racer, and a good one. That she couldn't adapt to NASCAR didn't mean shit to me.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
One of my best friends in the IndyCar world was Danica's spotter. He had been a spotter for years before they became a team. If anyone would know about her attitude and demeanor, it was him.

He told me she was no different than any other highly focused driver. Danica had plenty to prove, and if you read my post above, you'll find she did just fine in that regard. The critics were relentless.

At Indy in 2007, my team's garage was next to Danica's, and on the other side of our garage was the entrance to the restroom. When Danica left her garage to hit the restroom, there were literally almost a hundred media and fans following her on the 100' walk. It was ridiculous and relentless, and that's what she had to deal with for the first five years or so.

In the years I was around her, I never saw her lose her temper or be rude to anyone. Well, except the time Penske driver Ryan Briscoe ran into her in the pits during the Indy 500 and took her out of the race when she was again running in the top five. She climbed out of her car, marched down the pitlane, and gave him a well deserved MF'ing. She was skewered for that, but A.J. Foyt and many other.drivers would have done the exact same thing.

When she won her only IndyCar victory in 2008, the haters repeatedly pointed out it was done on fuel mileage and therefore didn't count. But when Alexander Rossi won Indy in 2016 on the exact same strategy (his last laps were turned at less than 170 MPH), Rossi and his race strategist Brian Herta were hailed as geniuses.

Like I said above, Patrick was a racer, and a good one. That she couldn't adapt to NASCAR didn't mean shit to me.
I completely understand that she was held to a different standard than the other racers. Plus since she was hot and sexy the press were on her 24/7. I agree that it's a lot of pressure, but even off the track on her alone time, decompressed away from everything at her home she still seemed selfish and self centered even to her then boyfriend. She is talented, but she seemed to push everyone away from her. Not even her family was included in the documentary. You would think that they'd be a big part of her life, but they weren't mentioned or around her in her adult life.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Great question. Both would scare the shut out of me. But if I had to choose I’m going with Ken Block.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I'd ride with both if I had the chance. Wouldnt even think twice. I be in either car before they finished the sentence "you want to jump in and go for ride". Honestly I think Travis has "more skills" he just lives a little more on the edge". He could have had all he wanted with his supercross career bit that's not him, yes it was short lived but at his choice. The cool thing is his parents let him pursue the direction in life that he loved and enjoyed. They knew it might last one jump, it might last a lifetime, but the stood behind whatever choice he made, even if it was a stupid one. Travis is a LEGEND for sure! He has had the life and $$ most can only dream of!!