WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who'll win catalina 09

Reaction score
Can you look past Todd Haig? Will Pete Proctor be able to make the pass stick that he's almost done to Todd in the last couple of years?

Who are the sleepers?

Sean Clancy will be a real threat this year towing Grant Turner from Aus in my opinion.

Who do you think?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Got to go with Todd. He has it upstairs and knows the water like no one else does (I was in the boat for his first 4 wins so I have seen him up close). Peter will give him a good run and has the best chance to beat him. Grant is a very good skier but I dont think he has the experience yet. It will be an odd year with so many missing due to the close proximity to the Worlds. Not sure who else is going to be running this year.

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Gotta pick Todd as he goes for #9. Until someone beats him, he is the one. Peter Proctor is the only true challenger this year since Wayne Mawer won't be here. In my opinion, those are the only two legitimate guys that have a chance at winning. The better discussion is who will be top 5. The battle for 3rd and beyond should be a good one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll put 10 bucks Peter Proctor.. Dunno anything about him, but I like to gamble.. ;) :D

Lynch are we on?

RD

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have to go with Todd, for many of the reasons above, and because I have known him so long, he has to be the favorite in my mind.

We had one race that was real memorable for me in 2000, the Benicia to Alcatraz race, ran side by side all the way out and part of the way back! I was riding for Jason Cartledge behind Chuck Marino, and we ended up winning, but it was a heck of a battle, don't think anyone else was close.

Go Todd!

Last edited:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Mens Open- Todd
Womens Open- Anne
Jr Boys- Alex Herrera
Int Men- Hopefully, us (Craig Gordon AU)
Senior Mens- John Kompaniez
Veteren Mens- Phil Cramer
Expert Mens- Hopefully, Bemo
F1- Marshall (or Graham) Cole
Stock Day- Dana Thorsen
Int Womens- Hopefully Amy (Firecracker)
Jet- Billy Mason (if he's healthy)

Fill in the ?'s....

F2- ?
Jr Girls- ?
Novice-?
Over & Back-? (I hold the record w/ 2 AU mates)
Senior Womens-?
Veteren Womens- ? (not Lori, she has to ski Open)
________
Csi: miami forum

Last edited:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Mens Open- Todd
Womens Open- Anne
Jr Boys- Alex Herrera
Stock Day- Dana Thorsen

Fill in the ?'s....

F2- ?
Jr Girls- ?
Novice-?
Senior Womens-?
Opps, forgot Double-up?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
With the right odds, I'd bet on Chuckie Stearns, Men's overall :D

" old age and tenacity will overcome youth & skill every time"
Skyskier

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Except for the last 9 times.. ;) :D

RD

Don't know for sure, but I don't think Chuck has run in the last 9 years :hmm I hear he's been 'training" for this years. Even at 70 yrs old, I'd still have to look for him to take it to the kids, .......longshot ? yeah, ......but I like longshots :thumbsup:D

hobo

Reaction score
I heard chuck will be out of town this year but is planning for next year.:thumbsup

USA for the overall Mens and Womens...............:champagne:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Don't know for sure, but I don't think Chuck has run in the last 9 years :hmm I hear he's been 'training" for this years. Even at 70 yrs old, I'd still have to look for him to take it to the kids, .......longshot ? yeah, ......but I like longshots :thumbsup:D
He hasn't competed in the race since the 50th when LBBSC made commerative trophies is his honor. This year w/be the 61st CSR.
________
Utg Heavy Duty Web Belt

Last edited:

SkiTard

Reaction score
A new guy by the name J. M. Roberson has been doing some serious training and is gona be a sleeper competitor. This guy has it all upstairs, water knowledge and most definitely the endurance to complete the race. It is his first race and I am not sure what class he is running, but he is one hell of a skier and he is looking to race hard i mean race hard.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
I have to go with Todd, for many of the reasons above, and because I have known him so long, he has to be the favorite in my mind.

We had one race that was real memorable for me in 2000, the Benicia to Alcatraz race, ran side by side all the way out and part of the way back! I was riding for Jason Cartledge behind Chuck Marino, and we ended up winning, but it was a heck of a battle, don't think anyone else was close.

Go Todd!

I remember that race well...Todd was sicker than a dog was coughing up green golf balls had the chills and looked like a ghost...never would have guessed by the way he skied :thumbsup

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I remember that race well...Todd was sicker than a dog was coughing up green golf balls had the chills and looked like a ghost...never would have guessed by the way he skied :thumbsup
JL, as much as I would like to see someone else win it, preferrably an American) I'll take you up on the $10 & raise ya another 10-ski...=$20
________
Lamborghini marco polo

Last edited:

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
JL, as much as I would like to see someone else win it, preferrably an American) I'll take you up on the $10 & raise ya another 10-ski...=$20

And a drink of the winners choice :thumbsup

You're on!!!

obnoxious001

Reaction score

Right,, same with Jason,, he felt terrible but was on a mission, since it was only 12 days after Scott Dominguez was killed, so it meant a bunch to both of us.

Like I said, it was a very exciting race between our two teams!

stevo13

Reaction score
im picking troy hooker first to the island and first overall in a 21 footer he has been training and skiing like its nobodys business

obnoxious001

Reaction score
im picking troy hooker first to the island and first overall in a 21 footer he has been training and skiing like its nobodys business

Nothing against Troy (I used to observe for him in all the marathons), but I still think Todd "owns" the water out there.

If they are still staggering the start, Troy could make the island first, but I would think it would take a super flat water race to have a 21' win now days.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guy's know a Ron Tzarski (sp?) from this Catalina run? I went to school with him and knew that he did run this race but it has been awhile....so I am not sure if he is still around...I believe he ran with a crew with Joe Rodes....Rodesway Boat Shop? Just curious.. Tracy

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Do any of you guy's know a Ron Tzarski (sp?) from this Catalina run? I went to school with him and knew that he did run this race but it has been awhile....so I am not sure if he is still around...I believe he ran with a crew with Joe Rodes....Rodesway Boat Shop? Just curious.. Tracy

Ron Tesarski owns Custom Canvas in Montclair. He and his sister Monica continue to build some of the nicest interiors, boat covers and bimini tops. I have known him about 30 years, guess that kind of dates me. He probably is running his boat #600 in the race, probably pulling Debbie Norblad I think.

Joe Rodes just moved his shop out to Montclair within the past few months also.

Skee

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Ron Tesarski owns Custom Canvas in Montclair. He and his sister Monica continue to build some of the nicest interiors, boat covers and bimini tops. I have known him about 30 years, guess that kind of dates me. He probably is running his boat #600 in the race, probably pulling Debbie Norblad I think.

Joe Rodes just moved his shop out to Montclair within the past few months also.

Thanks for the info..I was not aware he owned that place..I live in La Verne just about right next to Montclair...I have known that place for years but never had to use them...Also,I was not aware Rodes moved there shop from Glendora,I used to use them all the time for many thing's. When I moved out here I started usin' Rex...

boatnam2

Reaction score
[Joe Rodes just moved his shop out to Montclair within the past few months also.[/QUOTE]

I work with joel rodes barry, they did open up a new shop in upland.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
[Joe Rodes just moved his shop out to Montclair within the past few months also.

I work with joel rodes barry, they did open up a new shop in upland.[/QUOTE]

Ok,, must only be a block or so out of Montclair, sorry.

SkiTard

Reaction score
You guys are all way off I am telling you My buddy J.M. Roberson is coming and he is gona bring home the win. He is skiing on a custom big easy and he is ready to compete against the best.

hobo

Reaction score
As of July 1 st there was 55 entries. more expected this week:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You guys are all way off I am telling you My buddy J.M. Roberson is coming and he is gona bring home the win. He is skiing on a custom big easy and he is ready to compete against the best.

A big easy like the conelley big easy that us fat boys use to ski on?

RD

skinut

Reaction score
Mens Open- Todd
Womens Open- Anne
Jr Boys- Alex Herrera
Stock Day- Dana Thorsen

Fill in the ?'s....

F2- ?
Jr Girls- ?
Novice-?
Senior Womens-?

Denny: Bemo running Master class this year. TJ

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Mens Open- Todd
Womens Open- Anne
Jr Boys- Alex Herrera
Stock Day- Dana Thorsen

Fill in the ?'s....

F2- ?
Jr Girls- ?
Novice-?
Senior Womens-?

I'll be skiing F2 with the boys!!! :party2:

I don't know of any Intermediate Women skiing... But I haven't seen the entry list yet either.

15 women skiing F2 at Worlds! Yee Haw!