WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's a good mechanic in Parker?

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
I've got this old ski boat with a 60's Pontiac in it which has been sitting for a couple of years now during a refurb. Cleaned the carbs, new plugs, checked timing, etc. I just cannot get it to run "clean", now want to turn the job over to a Pro and get back on the water.
Anybody in Parker good at this sort of thing?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I've got this old ski boat with a 60's Pontiac in it which has been sitting for a couple of years now during a refurb. Cleaned the carbs, new plugs, checked timing, etc. I just cannot get it to run "clean", now want to turn the job over to a Pro and get back on the water.

run marvel mystery oil thru it....those old poncho's get sticky valves..

run rough..put a quart in the crank, and one in the tank...:bowdown:

and don't over rev it....keep the rpms down so you don't stick a valve

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Also alot of those ponchos have insane compression ratios. I've got a 421 HO out of a 64, the compression ratio stock was ~ 16 to 1. granted it was a VERY limited production motor, but in 13 range is not uncommon. for 60s vintage motors.

If you give me the casting and stamping numbers off the block and the casting numbers of the head I can tell you what it came out of.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nate at Parker Power Sports has come through for me every time. 928-575-6094

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
All good info, be back in Parker Friday to follow up. I'll post results if interesting.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
If it is an old boat and needs carb work etc. I would tow it to Blythe and have Brad Cooper at River Speed & Sport give it a look. Probably the best tune up man I know. He is a total v-drive fanatic. 760-922-6868

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Jerk the carbs and give 'em to me...just ask around.
PM me if needed, G'luk pal
________
Bmw e83

Last edited: