WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's actually out of work?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My business and the wife's business definitely won't close through all of this. Who's actually sitting at home without a check?

just_floatin

Reaction score
Wife is out of work no income stream until who knows. She is a hairdresser and fully supports the less than10 model especially in a busy salon. Germs everywhere no matter how much you sanitize.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Just received a good monthly increase to a few of our jobs (own a janitorial business) for extra sanitation, However, it may be offset if the big school we clean decides to shut down...so far they have not. Spring break end Friday. public school are out but this one is private so I am waiting for the call.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Seems we are slowing down a little bit. Not such a bad thing really. Should be temporary.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Not us not plans to unless we are forced to as well

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Some of our restaurant customers are laying off 100s of hourly employees and furloughing salary employees. Just like usual, those will be the people hurt most :/

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just received a good monthly increase to a few of our jobs (own a janitorial business) for extra sanitation, However, it may be offset if the big school we clean decides to shut down...so far they have not. Spring break end Friday. public school are out but this one is private so I am waiting for the call.
Went to a janitor supply house today and bought sanitizer kits, TP and some other cleaners for the company I work for. Found one that is open to the public. About 10 people in line. Word got out yesterday on what they sell and they are getting busy.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The wife is out of work and she makes almost as much as me. Just filed for unemployment for the first time ever, sucks.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I can't imagine sitting at home not knowing when this lunacy will end. I feel for those affected. That said, a guy worked my shared desk yesterday and his wife is at home reportedly very sick. He went home early not feeling well.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
We are doing all our annual online training and meetings this week. 1st quarter results are going to suck. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Roger 1

Reaction score
I am. I'm here at the shop but haven't had any work in over a month. Nothing scheduled in either.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Still working (construction) luckily we just started a new project in Costa Mesa which should get us past this cluster, as long as supply lines stay open and we get some cooperation from the building dept. Wife works for an optometrist and is the manager of the office, they are down to being open four days a week and everyone is taking a rotating day off. So we will see how long that can be sustained.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I'm working 50 percent . One week on , one off . Sucks getting half the normal income . We just moved and my wife had not found a job yet so no income for her either . Good thing we put money away for days like these ! If this goes on to long I'm going to have one hell of a tan !!

Jimmy

Reaction score
I'm still working. Wife's down to 20hrs every fortnight (2 weeks).
The governments handing out $400 a week welfare over here for people out of work which is better than what she's getting now.

jet496

Reaction score
HVAC service calls are very minimal but we have maintenance & small T.I.s keeping the guys busy enough.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
well WTF... I wanna check everyone paycheck stub...

they all cant be essential business...

they should be on LOCK DOWN!!!

the ride (91 freeway traffic) was enjoyable while it lasted....

IMO 60-70% traffic flow...

good to see people back to work....

back to using FASTRAK..LOL

20200420_160708.jpg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
We're slammed again. Lots of flood repairs from the last big storm that blew through. Roof leaks, basement leaks, floods.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well it’s safe to say that a career course tangent is in my future.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Well it’s safe to say that a career course tangent is in my future.

Dang son. I told you my story. At least I got to stay in water well. Maybe come back to the dark side? Or should I say clear side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Dang son. I told you my story. At least I got to stay in water well. Maybe come back to the dark side? Or should I say clear side?

Already put the feelers out.
My old toolpusher and relief driller at a major water outfit told me they are pretty sure I’m welcomed back. Calling the VP tomorrow.
He told me 3 years ago I was always welcome back, gonna see if it’s true I guess.

Honestly, the gap in wages is very narrow now, it isn’t like before when the oilfield was a bonanza.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I’ve got a buddy in Colton that’s running three Taylor’s, he runs pretty much from socal to Central Valley I could put some feelers out if need be also...