WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

whos ate at whiskey river

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
If it’s a GREAT steak for $66, then it’s comparable to what most steak houses charge now a days. In order to keep employees, they have to pay more than other restaurants I imagine so their overhead has to be more.

I get it though, $66 is a lot for steak at the river. Just doesn’t sound right lol.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Have not tried it yet. One of regular spots Think Prime is $63 for the ribeye. And $80 at Joey's in Manhattan Beach. Both 20 Oz. No sides at prime just the steak.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I just can't see those prices in Parker. The atmosphere is not the best. I paid less at the Five Crowns in Newport last week for excellent steak at a beautiful restaurant.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
812220A8-8EC0-4E2E-A6CA-4BF1041E0856.jpeg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They menu on the left is lunch. They made some changes to the menus in the week that we went there, so they may not be accurate.

PaPaG

Reaction score
View attachment 1190458
Does not seem out of range as long as the food is good, prices have skyrocketed everywhere, 46 bucks for a 12oz steak with 1 side and salad is not bad at all, 4 of us just ate at a busy steakhouse in Vegas on Monday and our bill was over $750.00 with 1 drink each and 3 sides total, steaks were 90-125 ea.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Like @shintoooo said the costs to operate are insane right now. Between ALL the insurances, costs to retain employees, leases, borrowing rates (SBA is tied to Prime) and the costs of food, even at these prices the margins are going to be extremely thin.

Support them if you have the means!

NicPaus

Reaction score
If the food is top notch. I see no problem with the prices. Nothing has impressed me in Havasu. Nothing there compares to our local restaurants.

Parker I learned long ago cook your own. Last time I had a steak at Strokes was 14 years ago. It was equivalent to norms or dennys. Before that the prime rib was decent at Tommy's with the big shrimp on top and a barracuda to drink.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
We have a locally owned Meat and Deli shop, Overland Meats that sells top notch prime grade steaks which are spendy at 24.95 a lb I would rather buy from them and cook at home. Every time I order a steak at a restaurant I'm disappointed and pissed at what I paid.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Eating out at any nicer restaurant has really become a luxury, where it wasn't so much that way in the past.
I wish them the best of success, as I hate seeing businesses fold, especially nowadays when things are so tough.
The other day I was browsing a few places online that I've been to in the past here in OC . . . none of them are considered 'fancy', just a little bit nicer Hole-in-the-Wall type joints.
They're all way out of my price range now.

If & when I do go out to enjoy a meal, I'll be a bit more selective of location and going with a different mindset for sure.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well Fuk! -- Strike 2!! -- Strike #1 was getting turned away on their first Monday closing (except for friends & family that day) Strike #2 Tonight! -- I want by there around 1600 to make an order to go, (a couple salads and appetizers) they didn't look that busy! ... BUT! ... They Don't do fookin Orders to go! :rolleyes:

They gonna have to get a few good post here with awesome reviews before I try it again! :(

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Prices don't seem out of line for what the dishes are.... Hell look around at the prices in havasu at just about any restaurant and they are going to be above average.... McShit in Havasu/Parker charges over $11 for a breakfast combo that is under $6 in metro phoenix...

If they have a good atmosphere and the food is on point (read as "their servers need to be top fucking notch"), I could see this filling a void.

Higher end steakhouses live and die on service just as much as food....

Last edited:

EarpRider

Reaction score
Well Fuk! -- Strike 2!! -- Strike #1 was getting turned away on their first Monday closing (except for friends & family that day) Strike #2 Tonight! -- I want by there around 1600 to make an order to go, (a couple salads and appetizers) they didn't look that busy! ... BUT! ... They Don't do fookin Orders to go! :rolleyes:

They gonna have to get a few good post here with awesome reviews before I try it again! :(
They've only been open a few weeks, jeez - give them a chance.
It's a very small town, with not a lot of places to eat, let's not ruin a restaurants reputation with such a short slighted judgment.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Does Dale Jr. know they stole the name of his place in NC?

Asking for my friends lawyer

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Just amazed how Parker and LHC have gone from affordable to Beverly Hills on the river in a span of like 2-3 years.

I didn’t like strokes and I’d want to try WR, but I’ll be doing the cheaper end of the menu and that will limit my returns as the cost puts me at doing my own food for less.

River Runnin

Reaction score
They've only been open a few weeks, jeez - give them a chance.
It's a very small town, with not a lot of places to eat, let's not ruin a restaurants reputation with such a short slighted judgment.
Looking forward to your review! :rolleyes: And anyone else's! -- If and when we do try again, They will either get a FAIR review, or a strike 3! Easy Peasy!

JL95

Reaction score
All I have to say is the Hawaiian Ribeye at Houston's continues to deliver. It is also priced ~ 50% more now than it was 4 years back.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Meat prices have come back down.
3 Sides of high quality Backs $27 to $33, quality tri tip also back to pre-Biden prices.
Well,, at least in these parts and for now as we speak.

Expensive to run a restaurant. Gas, electricity, water, help, insurance,, taxes,, all that overhead - it's tough.

We had years of nice evenings dinners at the Paradise. Kinda miss all that. Maybe this new joint can be good too.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Basic burger, sm fries and a med drink was $8.05 last night at In n Out. Not a dbbl dbbl and no cheese. The burger was drier than your Mother in Laws heart.

Yesterday Sanctions against Russian crude and refined petroleum products tightened up and/or hit hard. We may see prices jumping again on everything. Going to be at least a decade after Vlad the Putnik gets whacked that we see Russian crude which is what most almost all buyers want, to be back on the market. So prices will remain a MFSOB for now.

My point is it's all passed on to your tab.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Basic burger, sm fries and a med drink was $8.05 last night at In n Out. Not a dbbl dbbl and no cheese. The burger was drier than your Mother in Laws heart.

Yesterday Sanctions against Russian crude and refined petroleum products tightened up and/or hit hard. We may see prices jumping again on everything. Going to be at least a decade after Vlad the Putnik gets whacked that we see Russian crude which is what most almost all buyers want, to be back on the market. So prices will remain a MFSOB for now.

My point is it's all passed on to your tab.
Do you see Putin in the room with you now??

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Looks like similar prices at the restaurant in what was The Refuge. Sorry about the blurry copy, but it gives you an idea. Steaks
IMG_1322.PNG
and Prime Rib appear to be in the $60 range.

Reactions: TPC