WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's been to Willow Beach?

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
If it's windy tomorrow were thinking of going down there. It only a 45 min. drive from here in vegas

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Love that place. It's about an hour from my place in the NW of Vegas. I put my STV in there all the time...even if the wind is up, that place is decent. From Willow Beach to Owl Point will be pretty nice. If the wind is up, and especially if it's out of the South, when you run Owl Point, it will get nasty. It's about 26 miles to Owl Point and another 6 or so to Cottonwood Cove.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
keith, from s'n'f? peter with the green hydrostream viper here. i just tried to find willow beach on google maps, and i'm damned if i can find it. just last weekend, we closed up the wife's grandparents place in needles, between have-a-screw and lake mo'choppy, and moved our boat and stuff to a storage unit in boulder city. i know nothing about anything north of katherine landing on mohave, except temple bar. i know where cottonwood cove is, but i've never been there. where is willow beach?

i'll be tapping your brain some more when it comes to finding the right places to put in, depending on the wind.

good to see you here at RDP.

-peter

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Yup, that's me. Try this link: Google Maps

Willow Beach is in the narrow part of the river, about 9 miles by water from Hoover Dam. 33 miles North of Cottonwood.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
aha. i tried to initiate the search function on google maps from the center of boulder city. the only hit i got was for the national park service office IN boulder city. anyway, thanks.

next question, is the marina at willow beach the same one that they refer to as "black canyon"? iirc, black canyon has some limitations on horsepower and days you can launch.

-peter

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Probably is the marina they refer to. You can't go North of Willow on certain days, during certain parts of the year. I never go North, so I don't remember what the restrictions are.

100dollarman

Low Baller
Reaction score
We were at Willow last weekend--- came up from Cottonwood Cove--- awesome boat ride!

Here is a pic of the sign on the dock at Willow--

Attachments

• 2011-06-19_16-40-07_382.jpg
    2011-06-19_16-40-07_382.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 312

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Just an FYI- Willow Beach and Willow Valley have no relation to each other nor are they anywhere near each other. off the top of my head, I'd say there about 120 miles apart.

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Just an FYI- Willow Beach and Willow Valley have no relation to each other nor are they anywhere near each other. off the top of my head, I'd say there about 120 miles apart.

is willow valley the one that is just a little up river from needles/mohave valley?

we just sold the wife's grandparent's place in mohave valley. looking for a replacement place in vegas. much easier for us to get to, from southern cal. lots of flights.

-peter

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
is willow valley the one that is just a little up river from needles/mohave valley?

we just sold the wife's grandparent's place in mohave valley. looking for a replacement place in vegas. much easier for us to get to, from southern cal. lots of flights.

-peter

yes.

riorex

Reaction score
hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I wanted to add to the Willow Beach thread and remind everyone that there are hot springs north of Willow beach. Some are easy to get to; while others require real hiking. The people at the marina will give you a map showing where they are. Its a fun trip but there are not a lot of places to land and the current is pretty strong. You can rent little aluminum outboards for the day that you can just drive up on the beach.