WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's got $4.5m to buy the Sundance Saloon

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
you would think someone has that kind of disposable money and want that kind of life. Where you could both. Top end food entertainment up top and water lever plastic cup beers below. I mean shit. Someone has to have hit the lottery and had a dream. šŸ˜œšŸ˜±šŸ™„šŸ˜

cofooter

Reaction score
Do you want to swim for beer ! Lol
Maybe, never heard of that option, may be tough swimming up river to your boat after a few cocktails! haha Found that out after swimming to Sundance from Echo for yrs, then tryin to swim back.........

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
Would be best financially if you want to run a bar to just pick up one of the riverfront concessions like the Del Rio.
So much potential with the right persons in place.
It too, opened for a bit a few years ago, then shuttered again........... maybe @Echo Lodge knows why.

530RL

Reaction score
Sundance in the 70's and 80's fulfilled my bucket-list. The so-called new Sundance will never compete with yesteryear on any level...
Never happen again. America is just different now.

But it was the equivalent of Soddom and Gemorrah and a wonderful time. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Icky

Reaction score
Can we get the foam parties and strip club back if it reopens?

Singleton

Reaction score
@cofooter

There was a restaurant in Colorado we went to one time. It was WAY up in the mountains. You had to drive out some tiny 2 Lane road to get to it, and then the last part was on a dirt road. When we finally pulled into the parking lot, there were all kinna Bentleys, Mercedes and shit like that there.

No prices on the menu kinna place...

Food was Awesome and atmosphere amazing. You needed reservations a month in advance at least.

A build it and they will come kinna deal.

Fuck Wheeler. šŸ˜šŸ˜
The Flagstaff House?
Hosted my sons college graduation dinner at that place

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It's a bit ridiculous for sure, but...

IF you were some world famous chief dude, maybe a high end restaurant upstairs? With the bottom a nightclub deal?

You guys have Havasu Springs to boat to. We ain't got nuthin like that in Parker.

Let's go Bluewater. šŸ˜

People were just complaining about 6$ Coors lights. šŸ˜‚

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Thatā€™s how itā€™s been done historically.. but historically it wasnā€™t 4.5 million either?

The purchase or lease numbers on that would be staggering.
Iā€™m guessing $40k/ monthā€¦.even if that month is November.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
What happened to Joy and her husband, I thought they were part owners or were they just running it? They are up in flagstaff now, they pretty much sold everything in Parker fro what I understand.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I just donā€™t see how you could ever make the money back at that price..
Norm has plans for high-end time share vacation rentals on the second floor. It's a cool idea, just soooo much would have to happen to make big money folks (big boats) want to spend 3 days there.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The least expensive river front residential lot 50' X 100' is listed at 1.3 million in Keys II. If you could put four plus houses at Sundance's location it might pencil out.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Its there but the owners i met wanted to add more since in todays boating world it only fits 2 to 3 boats . The corp denied there permit request for additional pylons . The rest of the beach is all rock as you probably know . At one point they offered a free pitcher of beer if you would anchor and swim . The potential is definitely there though .
Way back a lady that lived in the park casually ran the Del Rio. I forget her name but she had it all figured out and it ran well. Cancer took her life and the struggle to keep the place open by several other operators never seems to pan out.

Dunno if running a concession on BLM property gives the operator more days-in the park living privileges. It does for CRA employees so maybe it does for that too. Single wide's were as cheap as $15K + rent mid-recession.
It could be done if the moon and stars line up.
Good retirement gig depending on the cash flow.

Anthony and Becky sunk some bank into the Del Rio just as the recession hit and that was that. They gave it up and never looked back. They did a really good job gave it a hell of a run.

It failed with the next operator and failed again miserably with the next after that. The later under-funded and ripped out everything that river people grew up with & know the place for including the legendary "Long Beach Kid" Jim Boatnam Memorial a-bubble-off-plumb w/speed bumps pool table. Since returned I understand.

Last we visited the Mexican food was pretty good but seems much less emphasis on the bar.

It was at one time the best place for Dickmen to be buzzed by Cougars outside of Sports Valley.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
What ever became of the Para-Sailing guy?

Brian

Reaction score
He retired and gave or sold the boat and equipment to his nephew or a family member of some type. He gave it a go, but couldn't make it work and gave up.

Reactions: TPC

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score

Hereā€™s a bit of triviaā€¦ā€¦. The ParaSail guy (I think we called him ParaSail Rick) owned the water slide attraction behind Rock Palace. He ran it with no insuranceā€¦ā€¦. It was dangerous and super fun! You truly risked injury with every ride. A couple of shots at Rock Palace and you were ready to go!

NicPaus

Reaction score
It too, opened for a bit a few years ago, then shuttered again........... maybe @Echo Lodge knows why.
The restaurant at Rio Colorado? Big Mo was running it as a Mexican restaurant few years back. Bomb food. He now runs Echo and Big Bend restaurant. There trying to find employees to open Eddie's back up across river.

Shirley was running Rio and Denny her husband was working for CRA. He attempted to rebuild our launch ramp with CRA guys but failed miserably. I recall talking to him and he was so proud of the guys building it to save money.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The restaurant at Rio Colorado? Big Mo was running it as a Mexican restaurant few years back. Bomb food. He now runs Echo and Big Bend restaurant. There trying to find employees to open Eddie's back up across river.

Shirley was running Rio and Denny her husband was working for CRA. He attempted to rebuild our launch ramp with CRA guys but failed miserably. I recall talking to him and he was so proud of the guys building it to save money.

Cool dude. He's doing agrat job here at Big Bend. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Spudsbud

Reaction score
1, I agree
2, Insurance companies would laugh you out the door.

QUOTE="C-Ya, post: 4366034, member: 2465"]
Thatā€™s a great ideaā€¦ā€¦ You could get several 50 passenger tour boats and dock them at Havasu Springs. Then have shuttle from Sundance to The Springs.

Since I live in Florida, and this wonā€™t effect me if it happenedā€¦ā€¦. I am going to suggest unlimited use of a Jet Ski. Those with no experience whatsoever go to the front of the line. You can give them the safety speechā€¦ā€¦.. but in my visionā€¦ā€¦ the only English word they know is ā€œYesā€.

Have you ever ridden a Jet Ski beforeā€¦ā€¦. Yes
Do you know all the rules of the roadā€¦ā€¦ Yes

Sounds like you are good to go to me! Have Fun. Enjoy

Of course, I am just screwing around.
[/QUOTE]

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
You need someone like Marty from Ozark !! He could make it work !! LOL
Damned You!! I was just going to post for everyone to relax. That I sent a letter to Marty from Ozark to consider it. It is perfect for him. šŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When they poured & stamped the new Del Rio walkway Bildo tripped and fell in the wet concrete :
44E6FF7A-AC22-4548-81CD-115396A3C126.jpeg

white tortilla

Reaction score
Ok @BingerFang need to team up with @RiverDave and create RDP/Sundance 1000 NFTs that get you access to a private Sundance club. Sell them on open seas and fund the deal. Obviously Dave gives a discounted commission as the buyers agent to sweeten the deal. The speculative market will buy them in the bubble and people can sell thier RDP NFT for profit like the speed cars. Everyone wins.

Icky

Reaction score
Ok @BingerFang need to team up with @RiverDave and create RDP/Sundance 1000 NFTs that get you access to a private Sundance club. Sell them on open seas and fund the deal. Obviously Dave gives a discounted commission as the buyers agent to sweeten the deal. The speculative market will buy them in the bubble and people can sell thier RDP NFT for profit like the speed cars. Everyone wins.
Us poor people will be across the river at the upper sandbaršŸ˜šŸ˜

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Boat Cop told us all, a few years ago, that for any development to happen on the land it needs to attach to the city sewer system, and to do that is multiple millions of dollars. So basically the only thing you can do with the property is run it as is.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I heard the cost of plywood has skyrocketed.. but 4.5m?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Boat Cop told us all, a few years ago, that for any development to happen on the land it needs to attach to the city sewer system, and to do that is multiple millions of dollars. So basically the only thing you can do with the property is run it as is.

Yikes

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
The sewer line is now across Hwy. Rio Lindo Shores is hooked up to it. I seriously doubt it would cost millions for the Sundance to hook up to sewer. There is a chance The Sundance is already hooked up. But the Sundance has a large septic system just across Hwy.

My wife handled the legal case between Rio Lindo and Sundance. The litigation lasted for almost 10 years. It was about Rio Lindoā€™s easement in maintaining their septic system. The case eventually worked out when Rio Linda hooked up to sewer line.

Over the years my wife represented Foxes, Roadrunner, Rio Lindo, Sundance, and many others at the river in many types of litigation. She defended Roadrunner when it was sued for wrongful death from a fight that happened on Labor Day weekend 1997. Do you guys remember that?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The sewer line is now across Hwy. Rio Lindo Shores is hooked up to it. I seriously doubt it would cost millions for the Sundance to hook up to sewer. There is a chance The Sundance is already hooked up. But the Sundance has a large septic system just across Hwy.

My wife handled the legal case between Rio Lindo and Sundance. The litigation lasted for almost 10 years. It was about Rio Lindoā€™s easement in maintaining their septic system. The case eventually worked out when Rio Linda hooked up to sewer line.

Over the years my wife represented Foxes, Roadrunner, Rio Lindo, Sundance, and many others at the river in many types of litigation. She defended Roadrunner when it was sued for wrongful death from a fight that happened on Labor Day weekend 1997. Do you guys remember that?

I can't remember what I had for breakfast...

Do tell! šŸ˜

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

All I know is that RDP sez the River is far more dangerous now than 25 years ago when it was peaceful and serene and no one ever got drunk and drove their boats, let alone got in fights and killed each other. The docks and restaurants were much safer too when they were overcrowded and flooded!

2Driver

Reaction score
All I know is that RDP sez the River is far more dangerous now than 25 years ago when it was peaceful and serene and no one ever got drunk and drove their boats, let alone got in fights and killed each other. The docks and restaurants were much safer too when they were overcrowded and flooded!

I donā€™t have the safety stats, but it was more fun for sure.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Back then,,, people were drunk, may have smoked a bit of weak weed.

Today they are drunk and flying on white powder & pills. You're at their mercy at times.

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I can't remember what I had for breakfast...

Do tell! šŸ˜
I am going to try to remember the details as best I canā€¦ā€¦.

The fight, if you can call it that, took place on Friday afternoon, before the holiday weekend, so the bar is somewhat crowded. I personally showed up approx 1 hour after fight. Hereā€™s why I remember it so clearlyā€¦ā€¦.. All of Roadrunners TVā€™s were covering the death of Princess Diana, which had just happened.

Some background on our victim. Our victim was approx 30 years old. That is just a guess on my part. He had 2 small children that were between 5 and 10 years old. Again, I donā€™t remember exactly. I would ask my wife, but the details are so heart wrenching, Iā€™d rather not. Here is whyā€¦.. The mother of the children, and wife of the victim, was killed by a drunk driver approx 3 or 4 months before the incident. The victim got grand parents to watch kids so that he could go to river on Labor Day weekend.

Again, donā€™t shoot the messenger if the details are not 100% correct, itā€™s been a long time. I am sure that Boatcop remembers the incident also because there were ā€œWANTEDā€ flyers posted everywhere at the river for approximately 10 years afterwards.

Our victim was suckered punched then pushed into or fell into water off dock at south end. When our victim went to climb back up on dock, the sucker punchers friend kicked victim directly in head or face with the steel toe boots he was wearing. The victim never surfaced after that and unbelievably, nobody jumped in water to look. It should be noted that the bar erupted into complete chaos at this time.

Forward to Sunday of Labor Day weekend. 2 buddies and myself are front and center for the Wet T Shirt contest. One girl is so drunk sheā€™s already been disqualified for nudity, but she donā€™t care, we are all getting a hell of a show, and they are hardly even trying to get her off stage. Just as they finally get her to at least put a shirt onā€¦ā€¦ our victim, who is now dead and bloated floats out from under dock and somebody drags his corpse onto beach in front of wet t shirt contest. I personally witnessed that part. The wet T shirt contest was immediately stopped, bar was cleared, authorities were called. It was awful. Little did I know at the time, that my wife would end up with the legal case, when the victims estate sued roadrunner. All I remember at the time is that is was a major buzz kill and I felt bad for the victim. I knew none of the above at the time.

I have to runā€¦.. did not have time to check grammatical errors. If they are there Iā€™ll fix them later. Gotta go

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am going to try to remember the details as best I canā€¦ā€¦.

The fight, if you can call it that, took place on Friday afternoon, before the holiday weekend, so the bar is somewhat crowded. I personally showed up approx 1 hour after fight. Hereā€™s why I remember it so clearlyā€¦ā€¦.. All of Roadrunners TVā€™s were covering the death of Princess Diana, which had just happened.

Some background on our victim. Our victim was approx 30 years old. That is just a guess on my part. He had 2 small children that were between 5 and 10 years old. Again, I donā€™t remember exactly. I would ask my wife, but the details are so heart wrenching, Iā€™d rather not. Here is whyā€¦.. The mother of the children, and wife of the victim, was killed by a drunk driver approx 3 or 4 months before the incident. The victim got grand parents to watch kids so that he could go to river on Labor Day weekend.

Again, donā€™t shoot the messenger if the details are not 100% correct, itā€™s been a long time. I am sure that Boatcop remembers the incident also because there were ā€œWANTEDā€ flyers posted everywhere at the river for approximately 10 years afterwards.

Our victim was suckered punched then pushed into or fell into water off dock at south end. When our victim went to climb back up on dock, the sucker punchers friend kicked victim directly in head or face with the steel toe boots he was wearing. The victim never surfaced after that and unbelievably, nobody jumped in water to look. It should be noted that the bar erupted into complete chaos at this time.

Forward to Sunday of Labor Day weekend. 2 buddies and myself are front and center for the Wet T Shirt contest. One girl is so drunk sheā€™s already been disqualified for nudity, but she donā€™t care, we are all getting a hell of a show, and they are hardly even trying to get her off stage. Just as they finally get her to at least put a shirt onā€¦ā€¦ our victim, who is now dead and bloated floats out from under dock and somebody drags his corpse onto beach in front of wet t shirt contest. I personally witnessed that part. The wet T shirt contest was immediately stopped, bar was cleared, authorities were called. It was awful. Little did I know at the time, that my wife would end up with the legal case, when the victims estate sued roadrunner. All I remember at the time is that is was a major buzz kill and I felt bad for the victim. I knew none of the above at the time.

I have to runā€¦.. did not have time to check grammatical errors. If they are there Iā€™ll fix them later. Gotta go

Terrible.

Where was this wet t-shirt contest at?

Was RR found to be liable at all?

That sucks So bad for those kids. šŸ˜”

C-Ya

Intā€™l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Terrible.

Where was this wet t-shirt contest at? Where the row of waterfront mobile homes are currently, used to be the stage for wet t shirt contests, When there was no contest or anything going on, that area had additional tables that you could eat or hang out at. Directly across from dock.

Was RR found to be liable at all? YES. It was a complete failure of the security staff, for multiple reasons.

That sucks So bad for those kids. šŸ˜”

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I remember that weekend well. The paid in wet T shirt girls stayed at my house. Jennifer the winner made $4K between RR, Sundance and Koko Mo's that weekend. It was brutal having to take them to all those events.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

What became of Denny & Shirley?Years back he would tour Echo in his Red Hummer. Denny kept that truck looking good at all times. Hummer came due for new tires he couldnā€™t believe what that was gonna cost.