My grandson

Attachments

• DMW 1.jpg
    DMW 1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 414

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That kid is haveing a blast. Great Picture.

We started Maynard at 4 on the "Gator Boards".

They are a teriffic way to start.
They transition right into the big kid stuff

vegasDodge

Reaction score
you may want to try to change your grip when you wakeboard to palms down... much better balance that way

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Skyskier, I have to get my g/f up on ski's and to say I'm not an experienced teacher is an understatement.. Got any tips? or methods to use to get her up?

RD

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Skyskier, I have to get my g/f up on ski's and to say I'm not an experienced teacher is an understatement.. Got any tips? or methods to use to get her up?

RD

Lean back, keep the skis straight and most importantly, if you go under, let go of the damn rope!

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

RD
When do you plan on getting wet? The best way to get a newbie up is a shore start on two ski's with somebody holding her up from behind with NO slack in the line, and somebody next to her on a pair of trick ski's to hold her up. This can be difficult on the river with the current and all. If you want to wait till the weather warms up I'll be glad to meet you guy's up at take off point ( Havasu Springs ) in april......... We'll have her skiing on a single before lunch time and riding the Sky-Ski by days end :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 218

Aztec

Reaction score
My little guy got up at 2 years 9 Months behind a Jet with a 454 blasting. He was the youngest of our group behind a boat. The official recored behind a jet ski was 2 years 4 months. Once is started he didn't want to stop.

Attachments

• LJK-skiing-2.jpg
    LJK-skiing-2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 201

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When do you plan on getting wet? The best way to get a newbie up is a shore start on two ski's with somebody holding her up from behind with NO slack in the line, and somebody next to her on a pair of trick ski's to hold her up. This can be difficult on the river with the current and all. If you want to wait till the weather warms up I'll be glad to meet you guy's up at take off point ( Havasu Springs ) in april......... We'll have her skiing on a single before lunch time and riding the Sky-Ski by days end :eek:

gonna have to take you up on that! :beer :)

RD

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
My little guy got up at 2 years 9 Months behind a Jet with a 454 blasting. He was the youngest of our group behind a boat. The official recored behind a jet ski was 2 years 4 months. Once is started he didn't want to stop.

OUTSTANDING :D:D I had a hard time in 06 with getting the little ones "up" to go skiing, finaly dawned on me ........... the 24 ft deckboat looked a HELUVA lot bigger & louder than the 20 spectra :eek: It's gotta look like a aircraft carrier to a 4 year old !

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I can't believe it's been 3 years ago I started this thread :eek:.........I think there was about 79 active "members" at the time. :D................So,..........how about it, ya GOTTA have some pics of YOUR young'uns . As you can see, the little buggers grow up quik on ya :cool:

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 190
  • CJ 1.jpg
    CJ 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Dayday1.jpg
    Dayday1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Aaliyah 1.jpg
    Aaliyah 1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 195

MOISTURE MISSILE

Reaction score
Cool pics thanks for bringing it back. Nothing better than spending time with the family teaching the young ones how to do the things you enjoy most.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been 3 years ago I started this thread :eek:.........I think there was about 79 active "members" at the time. :D................So,..........how about it, ya GOTTA have some pics of YOUR young'uns . As you can see, the little buggers grow up quik on ya :cool:

great pic....:)

I think my 15.5 month old has the strength to hold on just not the ability to know he shouldn't let go...lol:D

maybe I could tape his hands to the bar so I can say he skied at that age;):D

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Those are some great shots Denny :thumbsup that's family fun time right there :thumbsup

My kids were about 7,6,5 when they started boarding and my grandson started when he was 3....he's 5 now.

053-5.jpg

055-3.jpg

056-3.jpg

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Those are some great shots Denny :thumbsup that's family fun time right there :thumbsup

My kids were about 7,6,5 when they started boarding and my grandson started when he was 3....he's 5 now.

053-5.jpg

055-3.jpg

056-3.jpg

YEAH baby :D................I just watched the collegiate wakeboard finals with the kids last weekend , dish tv channel 152, ALT sports ? anyways,......the "seed" has been "planted" and the trash talk is STRONG :D ............this is my 10 yr. old niece Taylor, I think she's gonna be "the one" :thumbsup she's HEAVY into gymnastics already, ya shoulda seen "the look" in her eye when I told her people "train" on a trampoline WITH a wakeboard to do the flips an trix :D he Mom is buggin the coach this week about it :D:thumbsup

Attachments

• Taylor 1.jpg
    Taylor 1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 98

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Awsome!

I can't get my kids to try it. This weekend we did make a milestone and got them both up on a knee board. Better to watch then that freaking tube.

To parents: If you want your kids to try water sports don't buy a tube first. In fact skip it all together.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Anybody have any tips for getting a kid up on a set of skis? Reason I ask is, my youngest brother (9 years old) tried skiing once on trainer skis with the rope tied to the skiis last year, and he basically let go of the rope and laid down when we started to pull. This year, he'd dying to try it again, but he can't fit in the kid skis with the rope tied to them. I do have a set of skis with the rope holding them together (without the rope that goes to the boat, takes a normal ski rope), but I'm not sure if he'll be strong enough to hold himself up when we first hit the gas. Thoughts?

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
YEAH baby :D................I just watched the collegiate wakeboard finals with the kids last weekend , dish tv channel 152, ALT sports ? anyways,......the "seed" has been "planted" and the trash talk is STRONG :D ............this is my 10 yr. old niece Taylor, I think she's gonna be "the one" :thumbsup she's HEAVY into gymnastics already, ya shoulda seen "the look" in her eye when I told her people "train" on a trampoline WITH a wakeboard to do the flips an trix :D he Mom is buggin the coach this week about it

My kids use to tie off a rope to something stationary (tree, my trailer, whatever) and use this until I got tired of replacing the damn thing because of the Az heat and abuse by the kids :rolleyes: Now there's 25 tons of dirt in the hole and a shed on top :thumbsup :D

1663518594_38c4f39974_o.jpg

Found some more :thumbsup

Lake9-27057.jpg

Lake9-27058.jpg

Lake9-27059.jpg

Lake9-27060.jpg

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Anybody have any tips for getting a kid up on a set of skis? Reason I ask is, my youngest brother (9 years old) tried skiing once on trainer skis with the rope tied to the skiis last year, and he basically let go of the rope and laid down when we started to pull. This year, he'd dying to try it again, but he can't fit in the kid skis with the rope tied to them. I do have a set of skis with the rope holding them together (without the rope that goes to the boat, takes a normal ski rope), but I'm not sure if he'll be strong enough to hold himself up when we first hit the gas. Thoughts?

he's strong enough to hold the rope. Use the same ski's, without the boat tow rope tie to the trainer skis. He'll ski if he wants to. He will stand up before you can give the boat any power...... Do not hook the rope to the boat, DO NOT HOOK THE ROPE TO THE BOAT, Have the 2nd observer (a male) hold the rope, that way, once the skier (child) lets go of the rope, the observer can too....

enjoy.....

my boys first time on skis.....7,5,4.... the 7 and 5 y/o would not hold on to the rope...and kept letting go ... no problem..... the 4 y/o wanted to try it...... OK sure...........:rolleyes: before he could let go of the rope for being frighten.. he was up on the water and skiing.....:D oh..its not so bad......:champagne: schooled his older brothers.....:bowdown:

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I think I worded that funny.. The trainer skis with the handle that the spotter in the boat holds onto, his feet are too big for them. I know he's strong enough to hold onto his side of the rope on those skis, there's no tension. lol.

I have another set of skis. Like normal adult skis. Only smaller. With a bungee cord thing inbetween them to hold them together. Just don't think he'll hold onto the rope.

poncho

Reaction score
Cool thread guys, each kid is different and i just had a knack for what worked. Lost many a weekend for what started as the parents saying can we just try it once :rolleyes: nothing replaces that million dollar smile, priceless.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I think I worded that funny.. The trainer skis with the handle that the spotter in the boat holds onto, his feet are too big for them. I know he's strong enough to hold onto his side of the rope on those skis, there's no tension. lol.

I have another set of skis. Like normal adult skis. Only smaller. With a bungee cord thing inbetween them to hold them together. Just don't think he'll hold onto the rope.

put him on a small wakeboard, he'll pop right up

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

053-5.jpg

055-3.jpg

056-3.jpg
yo Coz,...................he's gotta be shredding BIG time now ?..............

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
yo Coz,...................he's gotta be shredding BIG time now ?..............

That one is 16 now and has a job, he's at that age where hanging with friends is cooler. He still comes out and sticks it though. . We're working on this guy, he's 4.

vvv1.jpg
vvvv.jpg

welldigger00

Reaction score
IMG_1360.jpg

Here’s an arrowhead ski racer at 5-6 in the orange hat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk