WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's the Baller?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Saw this thing flying around Parker a couple days ago.

unnamed (16) - Edited.jpg

I wonder if it belongs to one of the many Schiada owners that frequent Parker. Maybe Rd's new ride? :)

4Waters

Reaction score
It needs a supersized RD SUX sticker on each side.

rrrr

Reaction score
Daaaang...

The 930 is the latest and greatest from Daher.

Delivered from the factory in France mid-October.

Me rikey.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
4 mil for that!? eash! It's nice and all but fuck that.

Buddy had a Saratoga Turbo prop we flew all over the west coast. Thing was just as nice, upgraded avionics with dual full digital display like pictured. Roomy, comfy. Not quiet as fast (Roughly 100kph slower) and not quite as far range (little more than half) but brand new it was under 700k. A lot of bang for the buck. Shit, I'd buy a used KingAir before the TBM930.

1284029.jpg
Saratoga-int-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
$4M you can own a new Beechcraft B90

kac90gtx-ext-gallery-mswx4011.ashx
Buddy had a King Air for a few years. I really liked it. Super comfy, nice head room. Nice for west coast travel. We took it to vegas a few times, San Diego, etc. He sold it to buy a G4 though to get to Florida.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
With the PC-12, for about the same money - I could live with 40 less knots and haul four to five more friends. Plus tons more head room. Or a gently used LJ45XR.

CANUCK007

Reaction score
For that much money i.d better be sittin facing forward

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Definitely don’t know my planes... but @ 4mil... it thought that was jet engine territory, no props.

It is -

instead of the jet engine pushing out gas and bypassing air - its turning a variable pitch prop.

These have superb range and economy and way cheaper because you only have one engine - but with very high reliability and power.

This and the famous pilatus pc 12 are just awesome.

You can often beat many small twin jets to specific destinations because of range.

UD

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Plane (or at least tail #) is owned by AVEX Inc. out of Camarillo. They sell TBM and other aircraft.

Enen

Reaction score
Thats a beautiful bird. Why that over say a Citation Mustang?

530RL

Reaction score
Thats a beautiful bird. Why that over say a Citation Mustang?

Just depends upon what your mission is.

If someone is moving up and wants to fly themselves, moving up to a single engine turboprop is typically the route. If one is using a pilot, they may care more about speed and getting over weather so something with a higher ceiling like a small jet is better. But if you can afford a pilot, hangar, fuel farm and all the rest, you can probably afford something bigger like a Phenom 300, and you start to see why TBM's sell pretty well and Mustangs are out of production and Phenom 100's are not worth squat re-sell.

Cost and insurance is another big deal. A single engine PT6 aircraft is probably about 40% of the hourly cost to operate compared to even a small jet and you can get insurance on a TBM with 3 or 400 hours and 80 or 100 on type. That gets tough in a small jet and then if you can afford a bigger plane, you probably have assets to protect so insurance becomes even more important and it becomes a circle as you are not going to haul your rich buddy to Vegas for the weekend in your plane if all you can get is 1 million single seat coverage as his estate will take your estate if you wad it up and kill both of you. So now to get the insurance you have to take a professional pilot along and now what's the point, might as well NetJet.

So TBM's and PC12's sell pretty good because owner operators can fly them, insure them, and they have similar approach and landing speeds to an SR22 Turbo or a Mooney versus the approach speeds of a small jet aircraft.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
4 mil for that!? eash! It's nice and all but fuck that.

Buddy had a Saratoga Turbo prop we flew all over the west coast. Thing was just as nice, upgraded avionics with dual full digital display like pictured. Roomy, comfy. Not quiet as fast (Roughly 100kph slower) and not quite as far range (little more than half) but brand new it was under 700k. A lot of bang for the buck. Shit, I'd buy a used KingAir before the TBM930.

View attachment 712285 View attachment 712286

That extra 3.3 Million gets you a pressurized cabin with a service ceiling of 31,000 vs about 15,000ft..... and 100+ knots airspeed. And remember 100+ knots of Indicated Airspeed is much more than 100 knots True Airspeed when you are flying at altitude because the density of the air is much lower. So it can travel much faster.

It's like comparing a 21RC with a small block and a merc alpha drive to a twin turbo v-drive. :cool:

Not that i would turn down even a ride in either, as they are both bad ass ;)

Tank

Reaction score
That extra 3.3 Million gets you a pressurized cabin with a service ceiling of 31,000 vs about 15,000ft..... and 100+ knots airspeed. And remember 100+ knots of Indicated Airspeed is much more than 100 knots True Airspeed when you are flying at altitude because the density of the air is much lower. So it can travel much faster.

It's like comparing a 21RC with a small block and a merc alpha drive to a twin turbo v-drive. :cool:

Not that i would turn down even a ride in either, as they are both bad ass ;)
Yea yea yea. I knew this was coming....it’s 3.3 million.

kiwi77

Reaction score
With the PC-12, for about the same money - I could live with 40 less knots and haul four to five more friends. Plus tons more head room. Or a gently used LJ45XR.

PC12 is $5mm now, and more like 70-80 KTS slower. The 930 is a true 330kt airplane.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Just depends upon what your mission is.

If someone is moving up and wants to fly themselves, moving up to a single engine turboprop is typically the route. If one is using a pilot, they may care more about speed and getting over weather so something with a higher ceiling like a small jet is better. But if you can afford a pilot, hangar, fuel farm and all the rest, you can probably afford something bigger like a Phenom 300, and you start to see why TBM's sell pretty well and Mustangs are out of production and Phenom 100's are not worth squat re-sell.

Cost and insurance is another big deal. A single engine PT6 aircraft is probably about 40% of the hourly cost to operate compared to even a small jet and you can get insurance on a TBM with 3 or 400 hours and 80 or 100 on type. That gets tough in a small jet and then if you can afford a bigger plane, you probably have assets to protect so insurance becomes even more important and it becomes a circle as you are not going to haul your rich buddy to Vegas for the weekend in your plane if all you can get is 1 million single seat coverage as his estate will take your estate if you wad it up and kill both of you. So now to get the insurance you have to take a professional pilot along and now what's the point, might as well NetJet.

So TBM's and PC12's sell pretty good because owner operators can fly them, insure them, and they have similar approach and landing speeds to an SR22 Turbo or a Mooney versus the approach speeds of a small jet aircraft.

Single engine Turbo-props are 40% cheaper to run right up until the engine quits... :D

TBMs have always been nice airplanes.

Wheeler

Reaction score

If I could afford a Pilatus, it would be the Porter. :)

rrrr

Reaction score
I know somebody in a Falcon 50 under that.

And the operating costs are probably shaving his ass raw every month. Three engines use a lot of fuel. Did he buy it after the ADS-B upgrade was done or did he shell out $100G+ for it?

Then there's the 12-year gear overhaul requirement and the 6-year 'C' check airframe inspection, you're talking about $1M+. If it has the original -3 engines that's three engine hot section inspections every 1,400 hours at $70-100K each.

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap bizjet.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
And the operating costs are probably shaving his ass raw every month. Three engines use a lot of fuel. Did he buy it after the ADS-B upgrade was done or did he shell out $100G+ for it?

Then there's the 12-year gear overhaul requirement and the 6-year 'C' check airframe inspection, you're talking about $1M+. If it has the original -3 engines that's three engine hot section inspections every 1,400 hours at $70-100K each.

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap bizjet.

I know they just had a maintenance bill of $326k or something like that.

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Wasn't me! But we did fly in and out of Parker for Labor Day and the Dove Hunt in my Buddies PC-12, Did you see us?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Wasn't me! But we did fly in and out of Parker for Labor Day and the Dove Hunt in my Buddies PC-12, Did you see us?

Nope, I was in the Oc working for the summer and missed that flight. I do hope to see your new boat though. :)
Will you be out for new years?

Wheeler

Reaction score
I saw that take off from Parker last Thursday I think.

They are staying next door to RD's old house.

The Loop will never be the same. ;)

welldigger00

Reaction score
I got a pal that keeps his boat down in la Paz. His buddy flew down to his boat that he keeps next to my buddies. This is his baller jet...
IMG_1279.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm not at liberty to say who he's, but this person owns a C-130 to transport his prized possessions [ cars ] all over the world. Effin baller status if I may.
No, it's not Jimmy either, albeit he's a nice lineup of planes himself.>https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Air-Carrier-PCC-Profile/2824/Jim-Pattison-Group/
1 DA900EX - Dassault Falcon 900EX EASy Corporate Jet,
1 CE560 - Cessna Citation Encore Corporate Jet.
1 CE550 - Cessna Citation Bravo Corporate Jet,
1 G150 - Gulfstream G100 Astra SPX Corporate Jet.,

Interesting info on Jimmy, he started as a young car salesman with HS degree and became the manager of a Vancouver dealership in his teens. Talented businessman made his billions working hard/still at 90 yrs young. Just donated 50 mil [ drop in the bucket for him ] to expand re-furbish St Paul hospital in Vancouver.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
What is pretty funny is that you can pick up an 87 Gulfstream IV like in Wheeler's picture for a lot less than a brand new TBM930...... :)

As I said above, and I'm sure everyone in aviation knows, there's no such thing as a cheap bizjet.

The cost of stage checks, landing gear rebuilds, and engine inspections or rebuilds can run past $1M in a hurry. Upgrading the original avionics and CRT cockpit displays with the latest Honeywell Primus avionics and dual FMS system chews up another $1M.

Sometimes it's cheaper to install a new and larger
APU than rebuild the old one. Gotta have new paint and interior.

All that being said, operating a G-IV is so far outside my reality that I have no idea if updating and flying a fifteen year old Gulfstream is more economical than buying a two or three year old G-450.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
... because the 30 Million dollar price difference will buy a lot of gas and pay for a lot of maintenance.

Old business Jets don't really wear out, they just become unaffordable to maintain. Like the early Citations, they'll do pretty much anything the new CitationJets will do, but an engine overhaul is $750,000. On an airframe that is only worth $800k.