WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who's the inmate that ran outta talent last sunday..............

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
when ya got to the barricade at the dam ?...................

Attachments

• whacker.jpg
    whacker.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 28

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The stupidity of people baffles me.

I forgot you post on here and vin'd you. Lol.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
When we drove by coming down from take off point, looked like ya had a "stuck" throttle ?...............did ya get it lifted up & over that cable the engine looked to be hung up on ?

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Funny story. Way back when me and my buddies were like 20-21, we used to go to Laughlin and rent a bunch of cheap rooms. My good friend was the first to get a boat. Him and his dad bought a little 18ft 1978 old school jet. Cant remember the brand, think it was a Kona or Manta Ray or something. Well the got the interior redone all white, had the boat painted pearl white and cleaned up the motor. For a bunch of 20 year olds, we thought we were hot shit. Well first trip out with the updated boat he makes it all the way from Corona to laughlin and realized he forgot his keys. My other buddy that was with us was a mechanic in the reserves. He decides to hot wire it which saved the weekend. Well heres where it all starts to go bad. My buddy had filled the tank up the night before and I guess the fuel got hot and expanded. It spilled out the fill cap and poured on to the fresh paint. By the next day an 8ft area had turned yellow from the gas. We cleaned it up the best we could and decided to hit the water. Well, my buddy hotwired it and we were off. Cruising around lilke everything is fine, my buddy goes to turn around and head back up river and we hit a wave. The wires under the dash came undone and the boat shut down. Of course he then had no steering and we ran into some trees on the side of the river. The branches scratched up the paint and pull off a piece of the brand new rubrail. My buddy was bummed but we had girls with us so he hot wired it again and soldiered on. A little while longer we were heading up towards Davis dam and he is heading for the bouy line and the same thing happens. Wires come undone and the boat plows straight over the bouy line/fence. He gets it fired up and every one on the shore is shouting and pointing. He does a couple circle and we figure theres no choice but to plow right over it again. So he gasses it and we launch back over. After that we decide to put it on the trailer.

So now his freshly updated boat has yellowed paint on the deck, scratches down the side, rub rail torn off and big scratches underneath. When we get back to California and his dad sees the boat, he immediatley tells my buddy just give me the money for my half of the boat, shes all yours!

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Funny story. Way back when me and my buddies were like 20-21, we used to go to Laughlin and rent a bunch of cheap rooms. My good friend was the first to get a boat. Him and his dad bought a little 18ft 1978 old school jet. Cant remember the brand, think it was a Kona or Manta Ray or something. Well the got the interior redone all white, had the boat painted pearl white and cleaned up the motor. For a bunch of 20 year olds, we thought we were hot shit. Well first trip out with the updated boat he makes it all the way from Corona to laughlin and realized he forgot his keys. My other buddy that was with us was a mechanic in the reserves. He decides to hot wire it which saved the weekend. Well heres where it all starts to go bad. My buddy had filled the tank up the night before and I guess the fuel got hot and expanded. It spilled out the fill cap and poured on to the fresh paint. By the next day an 8ft area had turned yellow from the gas. We cleaned it up the best we could and decided to hit the water. Well, my buddy hotwired it and we were off. Cruising around lilke everything is fine, my buddy goes to turn around and head back up river and we hit a wave. The wires under the dash came undone and the boat shut down. Of course he then had no steering and we ran into some trees on the side of the river. The branches scratched up the paint and pull off a piece of the brand new rubrail. My buddy was bummed but we had girls with us so he hot wired it again and soldiered on. A little while longer we were heading up towards Davis dam and he is heading for the bouy line and the same thing happens. Wires come undone and the boat plows straight over the bouy line/fence. He gets it fired up and every one on the shore is shouting and pointing. He does a couple circle and we figure theres no choice but to plow right over it again. So he gasses it and we launch back over. After that we decide to put it on the trailer.

So now his freshly updated boat has yellowed paint on the deck, scratches down the side, rub rail torn off and big scratches underneath. When we get back to California and his dad sees the boat, he immediatley tells my buddy just give me the money for my half of the boat, shes all yours!

That's a damn good story!!

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Luckily you don't have one of these on the other side of the barrier. :D

[video=youtube;-K_8R03jIZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_8R03jIZI[/video]

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score

Holy cow, how wide is that thing?

j-bone

Reaction score

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score

Haha

I guess the Army doesn't teach their mechanics that ignition switches only take about 20 mins to replace and are only about $15. They can be purchased from any auto parts store.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Haha

I guess the Army doesn't teach their mechanics that ignition switches only take about 20 mins to replace and are only about $15. They can be purchased from any auto parts store.

Shoot we were all barely 20. We spent all our dough on gasoline, beer for us, booze for the chicks and cheese burgers!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Shoot we were all barely 20. We spent all our dough on gasoline, beer for us, booze for the chicks and cheese burgers!

LOL. Some of my best trips were when I was under the drinking age. I remember waking up on Sunday morning and thinking... "Shit, do I have enough gas money to get back home?". :D

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
LOL. Some of my best trips were when I was under the drinking age. I remember waking up on Sunday morning and thinking... "Shit, do I have enough gas money to get back home?". :D

Yup, been there. Back when I was in the mini truck scene we head to the river runs broke as hell and sleep in our cars in the middle of summer. Freaking stupid, but crazy good times.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score

LMAO..

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Reminds me of the tuna pens off San Diego. A few years back, a center console fishing boat was heading out in the dark. They weren't paying attention and went up and over the fencing and buoy line above water. It took all day for them to be let out of the pen. The cool thing was they let them fish while inside the pen. Easy limits.

Here is the link to the thread on Bloody Decks. http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/boat-senor-hefe-trapped-in-korean-mexican-tuna-seiner-pen.112995/

Great story thanks

pipemn

Reaction score
Reminds me of the tuna pens off San Diego. A few years back, a center console fishing boat was heading out in the dark. They weren't paying attention and went up and over the fencing and buoy line above water. It took all day for them to be let out of the pen. The cool thing was they let them fish while inside the pen. Easy limits.

Here is the link to the thread on Bloody Decks. http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/boat-senor-hefe-trapped-in-korean-mexican-tuna-seiner-pen.112995/

that boat was a 48 viking,charter boat, out of mission bay ,one of my neighbors on the docks.A lot more to the story,but yes it was interesting.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Yup, been there. Back when I was in the mini truck scene we head to the river runs broke as hell and sleep in our cars in the middle of summer. Freaking stupid, but crazy good times.

I remember those days. Easter Spring Fling. I still have my shirts.[emoji482][emoji41]

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

So has anyone ended up on the wrong side of one of these[emoji33]

shan

Reaction score

I have similar stories from my 20ish years. We always had fun though.:D