WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why are these things so expensive?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Feel like I have been dumping money into my rig more often than I am using it recently. Had the toilet flange break that needed to be replaced, valves in the jack system failed and needed to be replaced, carb on the gen failed and needed to be replaced, then while I was changing the oil I put the jacks out to get a little more headroom for myself on the creeper and blew a hydraulic line on the rear jack. Then just made an appointment to get the thing re-upholstered because the shitty fake leather is peeling all over place. It never ends

Ty N

Reaction score
No it doesn't!!! One thing right after the other.

EBT531

Reaction score
I feel like every trip you find something for later or make a small repair. Gets annoying for sure

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Feel like I have been dumping money into my rig more often than I am using it recently. Had the toilet flange break that needed to be replaced, valves in the jack system failed and needed to be replaced, carb on the gen failed and needed to be replaced, then while I was changing the oil I put the jacks out to get a little more headroom for myself on the creeper and blew a hydraulic line on the rear jack. Then just made an appointment to get the thing re-upholstered because the shitty fake leather is peeling all over place. It never ends
Who's doing the upholstery work? Phoenix?

DWC

Reaction score
My favorite trips ever were to Blythe and Havasu Springs with the RV/Nautique. Some of the best weekends I’ve ever had. Also, the most work EVER! New tires, clean before/clean after, fill up gas/propane, leaking seals, emptying the black water suffering through gray, unhooking to launch and re-hooking after. SOB.
Great times but i don’t miss the work.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Fill that hole in the ground with money!!

On the + side it's probably worth more now than it was a year ago

zhandfull

Reaction score
I can’t believe how many people have twenty year RV loans and pay for storage.
Money pit is right!

Camping this weekend and friends didn’t make it because catalytic converter was stolen in storage. And the RV happens to be due for a smog check. 😔

Storage yards all crazy full in SoCal.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It’s is always something, even if you drop a million on a Prevost, they always need something. On the other hand there are not many hotels in Glamis and it’s a bit more difficult to wander the country without one

STV_Keith

Reaction score
When we bought ours, the FIL said it would be my new hobby. He wasn't wrong. I've spent more time working on this thing between trips than just about any other hobby I've had. Upgrades, repairs, service, you name it. I *think* I'm about done now, with some weatherstripping and new wipers coming in this week. We'll test that theory with the next outing maybe next weekend.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
got lucky with our current coach, going on 3 years nothing... never been to ford... or thor

DSC04622.JPG

just_floatin

Reaction score
RV camping now at the river in Parker. One hydraulic jack is not settling. Bottle jack to the rescue for leveling. Added to the repair list when she gets home next week. Still worth it as I type up this post.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That is why I bought a small, 2014 trailer (23') this year. I've had big RV's and decided try a small one.

So far, everything works except the sensors in the black tank. I am working on getting them cleaned.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My motorhome has three major issues which are not fixable.

1. Its on a Ford E-Superduty with the first year V-10. Blown out spark plugs, failed E4OD's, wears the front tires in spite of the bushings and other mods, and the fucked up AC control box.
2. The house part always has a repair list. Currently 20+ items including the non running generator.
3. It's mpg's are always in the high 6's

However I still have it (1998) because I have mental problems apparently.
We actually had plans to change it out with a little newer towable then stupid covid pricing and demand. So we do nothing but sigh.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Rex is awesome and very talented. I had my boat in for the day for a bow cover and he had some really neat projects he was working on. And the guy somehow managed to have room in that tiny ass shop! Good deal @ArizonaKevin

brgrcru

Reaction score
we have a 2005 class c 26 ' Ford v 10 .
70k towing miles
in 16 years
16 oil changes
4 sets of tires
1 set of new front shocks
serviced all appliances once.
1 new canopy
1 new toilet
3 roof vents
1 replaced motor for electric step.
just put a coating on the roof this year

been the perfect rv . probably keep it for another few years. or maybe 10.

I want to take it to weld-tech to have it lifted. just because, looks are everything. but also for a better ride and more aggressive look.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That is why I bought a small, 2014 trailer (23') this year. I've had big RV's and decided try a small one.

So far, everything works except the sensors in the black tank. I am working on getting them cleaned.
My black tank sensor fix is to dump a few bags of ice down the toilet, followed by 5-10 gallons of water...then drive down my road which is cratered like the moon. 3 for 3, 2 bumper pulls and one 36ft 5er :oops:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Our awning arms got jacked up in a dust devil last dune season. I was able to retrofit it with one of these kits from solera. Super easy install I did it myself in two hours. They have a 12v. Kit that can be hard wired too.

Mind you it could probably take 1 hour. I was also watching kids and having a helper definitely saves time. But yes very easy install.

Last edited: